HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Glad to have the purps but sad to hear the Scream greens are better cause it’s gonna make me resent the purps 😂. It is what it is though 🤷🏼‍♂️. At least they are moving in the right direction with these recrafts.

Nobody every like huaraches. All a sudden they dope

This is how it is with a lot of stuff. Shoes are now a commodity to move more than ever, it sucks because those if us who genuinely like it lose out to those who want it to just get to the next consumer product. I see the exit from this interest even more clearly now.

Glad to have the purps but sad to hear the Scream greens are better cause it’s gonna make me resent the purps 😂. It is what it is though 🤷🏼‍♂️. At least they are moving in the right direction with these recrafts.

I have two pairs still of Purple Punches. Sold my '14 SGs because they were too small. But I wore them enough times before I did to realize, I don't really love the colorway on my feet. So, I'm not bothering trying to get a pair of these new ones, even though the shape is so improved. But if they re-release the purps with this mold, I'm going to have to buy them, which I will simultaneously find exciting and supremely annoying LOL

I have two pairs still of Purple Punches. Sold my '14 SGs because they were too small. But I wore them enough times before I did to realize, I don't really love the colorway on my feet. So, I'm not bothering trying to get a pair of these new ones, even though the shape is so improved. But if they re-release the purps with this mold, I'm going to have to buy them, which I will simultaneously find exciting and supremely annoying LOL

So Im not alone being frustrated when they make such good improvments just a few years later and don’t rerelease the colorway. Reminds me of the cement 3s. Thought they did a good job 2 years later crush the shape 😂 🤦🏼‍♂️ .

Crazy how people act like damn near every OG cw not named scream greens weren’t sitting in OG form in outlets not even barely 2 years ago. Now all the sudden everyone’s all hype for Huaraches. These are just a continuation of the 91’ QS’s so good luck waiting on other OG cws when they already released and sat on shelves in OG form just 2 years ago lol. SNKRS hype kills. Only other other OG cw besides SGs we need are the teal/gold because those were never given the OG treatment like the others in the 91’ pack. Maybe magenta’s again since they had OG treatment except for the NA patch on the tongue.

Teal/turquoise gold joints are dope. Got those for the low when they came out . Think I got them off amazon back then lol 😂

So Im not alone being frustrated when they make such good improvments just a few years later and don’t rerelease the colorway. Reminds me of the cement 3s. Thought they did a good job 2 years later crush the shape 😂 🤦🏼‍♂️ .

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it. I'll be pretty surprised if they re-release the exact same OG colorways (Punches, Magentas, Pinks) again so soon. I haven't worn my PPs in quite a while, so might be wrong, but I feel like they are better than the other ones from the past few years in terms of the toes, at least. I sold my extra pair of turq/gold (Resins) because I don't like the boxy toe after wearing my other pair a fair amount. Hopefully we at least get some more solid colorways with this new build. I really want something like that white/red colorway posted a few pages back.

Crazy they spent the time this round to get the shape/toes better (what a concept!)

nn.jpg

iphone_nike-air-huarache-scream-green-2021.jpg

https _hypebeast.com_image_2021_02_nike-air-huarache-scream-green-dd1068-100-release-date-1.jpg

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it. I'll be pretty surprised if they re-release the exact same OG colorways (Punches, Magentas, Pinks) again so soon. I haven't worn my PPs in quite a while, so might be wrong, but I feel like they are better than the other ones from the past few years in terms of the toes, at least. I sold my extra pair of turq/gold (Resins) because I don't like the boxy toe after wearing my other pair a fair amount. Hopefully we at least get some more solid colorways with this new build. I really want something like that white/red colorway posted a few pages back.

i would be surprised too, but there is precedent. persian bws released 3 years apart...although they weren't better in 2016 than they were in 2013 from what I understand. air jordan 1s released pretty close together too after they first started the remastering program. breds, royals, and shadows all came out in 2013, then breds came back in 2015 or 2016 I think, royals in 2017, and shadows in 2018. methol 93s dropped in 2014 and 2018. neon 95s seem to drop every other year at this point. that said...i feel like the 2018 versions are good enough to not need a new retro. maybe they can get back to them after they've retroed all the banging colors that are in the old shape or haven't ever retroed.

This is how it is with a lot of stuff. Shoes are now a commodity to move more than ever, it sucks because those if us who genuinely like it lose out to those who want it to just get to the next consumer product. I see the exit from this interest even more clearly now.
Yup, resell, clout, YouTube views, sheep mentality, etc. It's rough even g r's are hard to come by now.

I've been interested in getting a pair of Huaraches for about a year now and never pulled the trigger when the basic colorways go on sale because I find them pretty plain. My bm absolutely loves them and has been talking about how much she loves them since I asked her about them. The Stussys were the first pair I tried to get and struck out, but I was able to snag a pair in her size from Notre. I will go for this OG pair on snkrs since I like the colorway. After watching the Weartesters review of them and learning about how the Jordan 7 is based on the same concepts, I am really interested in getting a pair for myself, especially with more foam underneath than a 7.

I've been interested in getting a pair of Huaraches for about a year now and never pulled the trigger when the basic colorways go on sale because I find them pretty plain. My bm absolutely loves them and has been talking about how much she loves them since I asked her about them. The Stussys were the first pair I tried to get and struck out, but I was able to snag a pair in her size from Notre. I will go for this OG pair on snkrs since I like the colorway. After watching the Weartesters review of them and learning about how the Jordan 7 is based on the same concepts, I am really interested in getting a pair for myself, especially with more foam underneath than a 7.

I posted a longer version of this somewhere in this thread within the past couple weeks: To this day, LOADS of Nike shoes can trace their foundation to the Huarache. It's just not obvious to most people because Nike decided to not keep the Huarache name in the limelight.

On another note, the stupid hype on Huaraches seems to be gaining steam. On a whim today, I threw my extra DS pair of Purple Punches on SX for $215, since I am continuing my quest to pare down my stockpile of sneakers. And they sold an hour ago. Depending on state tax, that's someone paying $250-plus for a shoe I bought for like $60-$70 two years ago on NDC clearance. I almost feel bad. Almost LOL

Crazy they spent the time this round to get the shape/toes better (what a concept!)

nn.jpg

iphone_nike-air-huarache-scream-green-2021.jpg

https _hypebeast.com_image_2021_02_nike-air-huarache-scream-green-dd1068-100-release-date-1.jpg

Great comparison pics - '14s straight up banana cliff... Nike been killing it with the 90s and now these. OG runners done right :emoji_pray: Just need the blacks now.. remember fiending after them back in 90s now finally gonna get..
6855250916_5a24f01294_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom