HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Of course we were happy with the QS joints…AT THE TIME. Then something better came along (and more in line with the original shape), so now most would take them over the QS. This isn’t a hard concept to understand—it happens all the time with retros and their various iterations. Think Concords and Infrared 90s….we were all excited just to have them every time they rereleased. Then came the last Concord drop which made the earlier pair look like trash. Same could be said about the latest Infrared retro, as well. Why would I want to wear a pair of the HOAs when the latest retro is pretty spot on w/ the originals?

Anyways, enjoy your inferior ‘91 QS joints dhtowng dhtowng :lol:

I will. Inferior? :lol: please. You and 1978S 1978S are delusional. 91’ QS are 1000 times way better than previous models. Both of you have no idea what you’re talking about here. I’ll enjoy both by the way. I have em all lol. You enjoy your actually inferior purple punches with the circle logo patch lol.

Last edited:
Of course we were happy with the QS joints…AT THE TIME. Then something better came along (and more in line with the original shape), so now most would take them over the QS. This isn’t a hard concept to understand—it happens all the time with retros and their various iterations. Think Concords and Infrared 90s….we were all excited just to have them every time they rereleased. Then came the last Concord drop which made the earlier pair look like trash. Same could be said about the latest Infrared retro, as well. Why would I want to wear a pair of the HOAs when the latest retro is pretty spot on w/ the originals?

Anyways, enjoy your inferior ‘91 QS joints dhtowng dhtowng :lol:

LOL you know I love you guys but the 91 QS wasn't as drastic as the difference between the last scream green retro and these.

This guy did a side by side comparison showing an ORIGINAL 1991 Scream green and the 91 QS and there isn't much of a significant difference. So far the most noticeable difference -for me- is the softer cushioning and of course a more narrow toe box but the fit has been funny -for me- from color way to colorway. My orca's have fit the best and I tripled up on them, doubled up on scream greens and picked up one of each for the rest.

Don't believe me? Here is the video and a side by side screen shot between an OG pair and the 91 Qs.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 9.45.15 PM.png

Nothing like b*tching over a tongue logo. I for one absolutely love the 91 logo as it was and should be. But the newer joints are a lot more comfy bottom line.

I for one will be buying one for myself along with my wife, mother in law, and brother and sister in law.

I bought my father in law the last retro for Father’s Day….and he’s not a sneaker guy and he absolutely loved the colour and shoes comfort. We lost him last late December so in his honour I’ll be buying the whole family a pair and we will all enjoy the hell out of em circle logo or not.

‘91 QS also feel like pillows on feet. If you have a pair you know this. The underfoot differences in comfort between the ‘21 and ‘91 QS are almost non existent. They both equally feel good and plush under foot. That was one of the best features of the ‘91 QS IMO. Joints feel like pillows on feet.

I love the turn this thread has taken. This is what sneaker collecting or any hobby is about, arguing the minutia.

I JUST got some 1999 Black-Cement 4s re-soled today. So from now on I will be calling any other retro 4s from later years trash. :lol:

I completely get you guys in here when it comes to the 91 QS and the 2021. :lol:

Oh yea, the 2018 Concords definitely made me call previous Concord retros trash too.

Was it confirmed that white-black-purple pair posted a couple pages back is in fact a Purple Punch retro? For me it looks like some random pair with og colorblocking. Maybe a nod to Persian Violet BWs.

The 91 QS slander in here is hilarious. Especially when folks thought they were the best huarache retros ever at the time. Now they’re trash?

anyone who owns a pair knows otherwise.

The 91 QS slander in here is hilarious. Especially when folks thought they were the best huarache retros ever at the time. Now they’re trash?

anyone who owns a pair knows otherwise.
It’s all nonsense lol. QS 91s were solid, new ones are better in terms of shape and OG-style outsoles. I dunno why people are arguing so hard one way or another. I had/have both versions. The differences are there and I prefer the new ones, but it’s pretty damn minor. Hardly something to be butt hurt about smh 🤣

Not gonna read through all this, but I’ll add to it…. I think the QS pairs from a few years back are more consistent with comfort. ALL of em feel great on foot, and the sizing is better…..

i don’t discriminate tho, as long as the cw is good, and materials are at least decent, I got love for all huaraches!

I love the turn this thread has taken. This is what sneaker collecting or any hobby is about, arguing the minutia.

I JUST got some 1999 Black-Cement 4s re-soled today. So from now on I will be calling any other retro 4s from later years trash. :lol:

I completely get you guys in here when it comes to the 91 QS and the 2021. :lol:

Oh yea, the 2018 Concords definitely made me call previous Concord retros trash too.

visually The 2018 is the best but fit wise the 2000 retro was the best for those

^^^

I Just really realized there was a high-volume of Retros by Nike even 20 years ago. I always romanticized it.

1 or 2 Jordans every month.
Dunks
Air Force 1s
Nike basketball
Nike running
Nike cross trainers

That's a lot of stuff dropping, I guess that's partially why I missed stuff.

And nowadays it's even worse.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom