Hurricane harvey....texas nters stay safe

Anyone know if the toll roads still are free? I am going to pick up some friends to stay at my house. I think I might prefer that route, & have never really needed an EZtag.

Anyone know if the toll roads still are free? I am going to pick up some friends to stay at my house. I think I might prefer that route, & have never really needed an EZtag.

the beltway is closed after i-10 i believe...

edit...here are some closures...what part of the beltway you trying to ride...?
  • Beltway 8 West/Sam Houston Tollway at Briar Forest
  • Beltway 8/Sam Houston Tollway from Blackhawk to Mykawa on the service road of Loop 8 Eastbound

Can someone provide cliffs on why people seem so averse to donating to Red Cross? I wanna donate but don't know where

Apparently Red Cross isn't transparent about how they spend the donated money. For all we know, they could be spending it on strippers and drugs

the beltway is closed after i-10 i believe...

edit...here are some closures...what part of the beltway you trying to ride...?
  • Beltway 8 West/Sam Houston Tollway at Briar Forest
  • Beltway 8/Sam Houston Tollway from Blackhawk to Mykawa on the service road of Loop 8 Eastbound

Thanks I was heading to Westpark from east Houston, but I'm already here. I took 10 to 610 to Westpark. Not as much traffic as I expected, but coming home is a mess... I might try toll road home though.

Can someone provide cliffs on why people seem so averse to donating to Red Cross? I wanna donate but don't know where

https://www.charitynavigator.org

Is a good place to start, if you're wanting to donate $$$. Also I've heard to go directly to websites, and donate instead of txting. I'm not sure why, but texting (while easier) takes longer to process and distribute.?.

Some small info on why red cross Is not anything I want part of. There's a lot more that are older, but I've been running around helping friends all day and haven't had time to dig the old articles out.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/31/skip-the-red-cross-when-helping-harveys-victims/

Texas announced that it provided about 500 tickets to Hurricane Harvey evacuees in Austin-area shelters. Guests will be provided with transportation and food vouchers for stadium concession stands. There also will be a pregame moment of silence for those affected by Harvey.

Tyler Perry donates $250K to Joel Osteen

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/01/tyler-perry-donates-250k-to-joel-osteen/

Perry, 47, explained his decision and defended his longtime friend Osteen in a Facebook video Thursday.

“I know that there’s been some controversy about Joel Osteen and him not opening doors of the church. Let me tell you something: Joel and Victoria are amazing people. There is no way they would lock people out of the church and not let people in for shelter,” he continued. “There were some safety concerns. I spoke to them on the phone, and it all made perfect sense to me so before you just run and judge somebody really quick, you need to know the whole circumstances … This million dollars, I’m breaking it up into quarters. I’m sending $250,000 to Lakewood to make sure that they can get all the supplies that people need. I know that they will, I know for sure that they will, because that’s the kind of person he is.”

Perry is also donating $250,000 to Beyoncé’s pastor, Rudy Rasmus, though he didn’t disclose what other organizations would receive the remaining $500,000.

a fool and his money soon parted :smh:

FB_IMG_1504355798685.jpg

My sister is taking 2 UHauls down to Dallas today. Dropped tons of things off, but looking around I think I can give more.

Man its crazy they are probably insured for fire but not flood, I heard somewhere around 80% of Houstonians DO NOT have flood insurance. Also 600,000 cars are flooded out and still counting.

there's gonna be ALOT of spare parts of cars, and a ISH load of salvage title scrubbing :lol:

Alot of lemons will be sold at these b lots soon. After Katrina all the b lots on 8 mile all of a sudden had all types of nice cars wit salvage titles

Time to pick up da hemi and the g wagon for the low, if u have the time and money to piece it together

The amount of still flooded areas is crazy. I drove through one of the newer sections of Pearland seeing if any of my banks were open (they weren't), and judging by the amount of mud on the grass by the side of the highway, the water was only a couple feet from touching the stoplights. It also doesn't help that they're building a toll right there, which would surely flood in that type of storm. So many nice cars in ditches after the water started to subside. In 2018, someone is gonna get a really nice looking 2016 chromed-out Mercedes CLA250. It'll conk out on them in a week.

The amount of still flooded areas is crazy. I drove through one of the newer sections of Pearland seeing if any of my banks were open (they weren't), and judging by the amount of mud on the grass by the side of the highway, the water was only a couple feet from touching the stoplights. It also doesn't help that they're building a toll right there, which would surely flood in that type of storm. So many nice cars in ditches after the water started to subside. In 2018, someone is gonna get a really nice looking 2016 chromed-out Mercedes CLA250. It'll conk out on them in a week.
Cla250 too small.

Back
Top Bottom