Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Tampa was always within the cone of uncertainty

No we weren't.

It was trending east and east and east, and then - it started turning west and west and west.

If it were a cat 2 I'd stay, cat 1 I'd be at the bar during it, and a tropical storm it's laughable.

This is different

Last major hurricane to hit Tampa Bay area was in 1921, since then everything has pretty much gone around it.

No we weren't.

It was trending east and east and east, and then - it started turning west and west and west.

If it were a cat 2 I'd stay, cat 1 I'd be at the bar during it, and a tropical storm it's laughable.

This is different

Since the Tuesday evening NHC advisory (possibly even the morning one), Tampa was a probable location for hazardous conditions

145233_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

024454_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

That early on, the model trends were variable and somewhat conflicting. But i believe this is taken into account when the NHC releases an advisory.

It's my understanding that the NHC designs their cone as a spread of probabilities based on the models. The broader the cone the more uncertain, but anywhere within that cone is a possible location man.

Irma is currently west of Miami's longitude but it is still a major hazard and I don't want people to think they can just chill. The whole state gotta be vigiliant.

im still going to board up my windows tomorrow, all my valuables are wrapped in plastic still and will stay like that until i hear about joses direction.

we are suposed to only get some rain and little stuff like that, but these things can take wild turns when you least expect it.

i cant believe we havent even had time to process and help texas recover and now we got florida getting it worse.

i went to my publix and there was bottles of water everywhere, things have really calmed down here.

If you have been tracking this from the beginning you would have noticed the massive change in direction over a 24 hour period

If you have been tracking this from the beginning you would have noticed the massive change in direction over a 24 hour period

I know man but the point I'm making is that Tampa has always been within the cone of uncertainty, even when they were predicting a direct hit to Miami.

It's possibly the fault of the media as well.

Yea the media probably emphasized Miami too much when they should've made it clear that anything within the cone of uncertainty is game for Irma

I've got a front row seat to Hurricane Irma. We are four floors up in a concrete high rise overlooking the Tampa Bay. Evacuated from the East Coast when they had it projected over there but are now stuck.
IMG_0017.JPG

I've got a front row seat to Hurricane Irma. We are four floors up in a concrete high rise overlooking the Tampa Bay. Evacuated from the East Coast when they had it projected over there but are now stuck.
IMG_0017.JPG

Don't take that chance , id say head to Orlando . Where you're at right now is all bad

Building is solid concrete and truck is in the garage. Will spend Sunday night sleeping in the service hallway away from windows. They haven't issued an evacuation (most coastal areas have) so we should be good.

Orlando, east side of the storm, may get the worst of the winds. They are more worried about storm surge and flooding in this area, which won't affect this building. Roads are full of lunatics right now. No perfect option, but feel good about this location if we've got to ride it out in Tampa. Trust me, I'd rather be in Atlanta eating a slaw dog at The Varsity and watching a Braves game.

Funny thing about that FL gif is that if that actually happened, the rest of the country would be more susceptible to hurricanes lol

IMG_0017.JPG

Be cautious man. Pay attention to what authorities are saying. I say follow the local police and fire depts on Twitter.

When in doubt, get out.

Fam now we under a tornado warning :smh:

Keep a cool head. Hurricanes are the whole package and this includes tornadoes :smh:

No we weren't.

This is different

All of this.

A friend of mine who evacuated to Tampa came back down this morning.

I'm sorry. I don't understand when ppl say they can't afford to leave. How much money would it take to take a bus to your nearest shelter?

I never understood it either until I got older.

It's more of what these people are leaving behind.

Poor people have a house full of items it took their whole lives to accumulate.

My grandma doesn't throw anything away if it isn't broke to hell, even then she hates throwing a broken fan away without trying to fix it.

I used to think she was petty but those possessions aren't as easy to replace as you think.

With the looting and robbing that goes on in these neighborhoods post disaster, some people like just won't leave.

Back
Top Bottom