Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

I've lived in south FL my entire life, but after this storm I'm done. Wife and I are moving to the D.C. area this spring and this just makes the decision so much better. We made the decision before this hurricane was news but the anxiety of all of this makes living here not worth it. And I'm in palm beach county dodging the eye of the storm. Hoping for the best for everyone on the west coast

My grandma is in Fort Lauderdale and I'm kinda worried about her. She'll be alright, right?

Wapo had a story 2 years ago about the devistation a hurrucane in Tampa would bring with the flooding... now the biggest hurricane ever recorded in the atlantic is coming.

unreal. Miami alrdy looks like its on top of them with the wind and its not eem close. not gunna be able to sleep.

How's it looking for Jacksonville? What's the word?

Jacksonville is looking good. Pretty much anything on the east side of the state and above Palm Beach isn't supposed to get anything but tropical storm force winds at this point. South Florida will get hurricane force winds but much better than projected.

6pac 6pac I **** with you bro but for right now you and every other troll in here can EAD...:lol:

wasnt trolling as much as it was an observation, hence a 'smh' as opposed to a laughing smiley or something but i understand the #feels. it's just a GIF for me but for others they're about to lose their home, possibly loved ones, etc.

i get it.

even tho we comment passively/insensitively about topics that are serious for someone else all the time on social media/NT/the internet; we all use memes that are built off of re-contextualizing sometimes tragic or non-humourous situations but nonetheless. carry on

for what its worth im also in an affected area and had to evacuate although not as srs as FL

Last edited:
Doesn't Miami have a problem with ocean water above sea level on the ground wonder what this will do now

wasnt trolling as much as it was an observation, hence a 'smh' as opposed to a laughing smiley or something but i understand the #feels. it's just a GIF for me but for others they're about to lose their home, possibly loved ones, etc.

i get it.

even tho we comment passively/insensitively about topics that are serious for someone else all the time on social media/NT/the internet; we all use memes that are built off of re-contextualizing sometimes tragic or non-humourous situations but nonetheless. carry on

for what its worth im also in an affected area and had to evacuate although not as srs as FL
I'm ****ing with you bro :lol:

Irma seems to still be stalling in or near Cuba. Forecast seems to be even more westward, if only slightly.

Also it looks like restrengthening may not be as extreme as originally feared.

Here's the new NHC cone.

213811_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Be safe NT fam

Damn I just moved down here from new York and I'm screwed. In the cape coral/fort Myers area. My zone wasn't mandatory evacuation and all our neighbors are staying so were riding it out. Good luck to everyone. Stay strong.

You'll be aight b. This is my first hurricane in Florida too. Sandy is nothing compared to Irma.

My friend wanted to ride it out in St. Augustine, but drove to her Mom's place in Tallahassee before news that it was going more West.. now she's regretting her decision because she should've stuck with her gut feeling, but her Mom was freaking out

Been so stressed for her lurking this thread :smh:

Noticing with the new NHC it's not looking as insane for Tampa as before. Still a big, powerful, and dangerous storm, but the "M" (Major Hurricane) has been replaced with "H" (Hurricane)

I don't know much about Tampa but maybe this small difference is enough.

You'll be aight b. This is my first hurricane in Florida too. Sandy is nothing compared to Irma.

Sandy is a baby compared to Irma. Obviously.

That said. NY was still ill equipped to handle Sandy.

My friend's apartment was flooded for a couple weeks. This hospital in downtown NY was all effed up and they had to move out of that building and into ours for a couple months.

I was reading that ny is one of the four US cities poorest equipped to handle Hurricanes.... And not to be a fear monger but I think Tampa is on that list

Irma seems to still be stalling in or near Cuba. Forecast seems to be even more westward, if only slightly.

Also it looks like restrengthening may not be as extreme as originally feared.

Here's the new NHC cone.

213811_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Be safe NT fam

So what are you hearing? Is it still a 3? Will it go back to 4 or maybe it won't because it stalled in cuba

I'm just going by you saying 'the restrengthening may not be as extreme'

*edit

Oh they think it'll go back up to 4 anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom