************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

s_s40_92848928.jpg

this picture is pretty cool
Delaware didn't really get hit that hard... kept power and internet all night
 Virgin Mary still standing
nthat.gif

How is it in DC? I've been watching the weather channel and they've just been talking about NY and Jersey
Lucky we didn't get anything. I am in NE DC, and we got basically nothing. Rained last night, some strong wind here and there. Nothing serious at all man. I kinda feel bad saying that.

You dudes up north, stay safe man. :smh:

Yeah man. We were lucky enough to stay fortunate through this craziness.

I hope you guys up north make it through everything alright. Jersey looks wild man

I'm seriously so depress I feel like ending my life. I know I should look on the bright side that I'm still alive, but I lost everything. My home is flooded, Im currently in a shelter, have no way to get to my family in the Bronx. Haven't eaten nothing, all I have is the clothes on my back and some cash. Just feel so empty and sad inside.

Feel extremely blessed. There was pretty much no damage where I'm at. Power's on, stores are open, and nobody's injured.

Haloween Parade is CANCELED for tomorrow, first time ever. Trains will be out at least the next couple days, but buses will be running next couple hours, running on Sunday schedule, meaning you'll be lucky to catch one every hour. Schools will be closed at least through tomorrow and possibly through the rest of the week. ESTIMATED FINANCIAL LOSS TO THE CITY IS AROUND 15 BILLION AS OF NOW.

FOR THOSE WHO ATTEND SETON HALL UNIVERSITY, CLASSES ARE CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW. PLEASE BE SAFE!

Last edited:
I'm seriously so depress I feel like ending my life. I know I should look on the bright side that I'm still alive, but I lost everything. My home is flooded, Im currently in a shelter, have no way to get to my family in the Bronx. Haven't eaten nothing, all I have is the clothes on my back and some cash. Just feel so empty and sad inside.
really sorry to hear dude. i'm sure some people here can chip in in some way and help out

if you need some extra clothes and stuff like that you can try to pm me and perhaps we can work out a way to get it to you

stay positive man, easier said than done during a moment like this, but it's temporary. things will be ok in the long run

Damn, bro, sorry to hear that. Keep your head up and get through it. Years from now, you'll be that much more appreciative of the things you do have.

|I Man I hope everything works out for you.

The sun is starting to come back out in Boston, been off and on all day, mixed in with heavy rain. Not sure what it means but I think the "worst" has passed. Boatloads of debris, downed trees & power lines on my way to my car and work this AM. Hope all are safe and well.
Besides the eyewall, the North East portion of a tropical cyclone or hurricane tends to be the most instense in terms of wind. Once this particular quadrant of the storm passes (as well as the eye) you typically would notice a decrease in wind energy but the presence of heavy rain fall can be expected in a pattern of rain bands as you've described. I would say that the "worst" of the storm has passed. I am thinking about everyone up in the NE today and hoping the best.

Sorry to hear that Spectacular, not much to say to cheer you up other than be thankful you're alive and know that things can be replaced, you'll get to your family soon, and you can pull yourself out of this. It'll be hard, just try to keep your head up and remain as positive as you can. 

Hope things get better bro..i repped u to show empathy..good luck with reachin ur fam

Sorry to hear that man, I'm over here complaining about not having electricity like a little girl. Atleast my family's safe and the crib is dry and intact. Hope everything works ou for you.

I feel bad for the people who's homes were flooded. Especially those located in the Canarsie area of Brooklyn and New Jersey. Almost every house is flooded in the neighborhood. The water was about 4 steps away from reaching the first floor in my cousins house. :smh: Luckily they were able to react fast and move most of their belongings from the basement to upstairs.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up man you'll find your family soon enough. I'm sure they're out there trying to get to you but stay positive.

Stay up fam.

Ive never had problems with flooding since ive lived in an apartment my whole life practically, but how bad is a say flooded basement? Besides the obvious issues of things getting wet and electrical appliances getting destroyed, is it as simple as a huge inconvenience til it dries up?

Just curious.

I'm so sorry to hear that man... I really hope you can get in contact with your family

Anyone close to Suffolk county Long Island know of a spot w/ working wifi?

My neighborhood lucked out for he most part. 95% of the trees that fell, fell into the street. This one dudes house is straight up split in half right around the corner, though. Just finished remodeling his house, too.

Back
Top Bottom