************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

NY Scanner  ‏@NYScanner

Brooklyn: Multiple NYPD Officers enroute to the 60 Precinct to help out with Mobs who are looting storefronts in several neighborhoods.

this was a few hours ago

it doesnt seem like any of the news outlets are reporting anything about looting

should be interesting in lower manhattan tonight

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have PM me and attempted me to help me out. A lot of people have asked if i have paypal and Im sorry but no. But i do appreciate that you guys are offering to help.
I live on E23st and Lexington ave. I am basically the end of zone A so we was suppose to get hit the lightest of this sandy. Cops and army patrol came to everyone is my building that we was going to be ok and had nothing to worry about. Around 6pm our lights start flickering, my next door neighbor called because she was stuck and her kids baby sitter needed to leave. I helped her taking care of her kids until she came. Around 9 she picks them and we all go back to our lives. 10:30 a wave comes, breaks all the window and at this point im swimming my my house, first instinct was grabbed my wallet and check my neighbor and her kids, after doing that we go outside and army patrol grabbed us , and put us in a truck with other people. I'm here calming her kids down and crying at the same time. We get dropped off at a shelter , have no idea where, It's around 12th ave. Her kids are fine and in sitting here with tears in my eyes thinking everything I have lost but at least I knew my neighbor was fine. They won't let us leave because wires are exposed outside a lady walked a dog and both got electrocuted. Showers are broken, food under cook and life seems going little by little. Just been sitting here praying and trying to text everyone making sure their ok.
I'll update again later on. Stay safe NT and thanks again.

Glad to hear you are okay as well as your neighbor and her kids.

Thanks to all who have PM me and attempted me to help me out. A lot of people have asked if i have paypal and Im sorry but no. But i do appreciate that you guys are offering to help.
I live on E23st and Lexington ave. I am basically the end of zone A so we was suppose to get hit the lightest of this sandy. Cops and army patrol came to everyone is my building that we was going to be ok and had nothing to worry about. Around 6pm our lights start flickering, my next door neighbor called because she was stuck and her kids baby sitter needed to leave. I helped her taking care of her kids until she came. Around 9 she picks them and we all go back to our lives. 10:30 a wave comes, breaks all the window and at this point im swimming my my house, first instinct was grabbed my wallet and check my neighbor and her kids, after doing that we go outside and army patrol grabbed us , and put us in a truck with other people. I'm here calming her kids down and crying at the same time. We get dropped off at a shelter , have no idea where, It's around 12th ave. Her kids are fine and in sitting here with tears in my eyes thinking everything I have lost but at least I knew my neighbor was fine. They won't let us leave because wires are exposed outside a lady walked a dog and both got electrocuted. Showers are broken, food under cook and life seems going little by little. Just been sitting here praying and trying to text everyone making sure their ok.
damn man
frown.gif

keep your head up

Best of luck to everyone on the East. Hope all is good.
Keep your head up Spectacular. I can't imagine what you're going through. I know it's cliche, but remember that things can be replaced...your life can't.

damn man
frown.gif

keep your head up

Honestly was was shocked more crime didn't happen. I was thinking it would be easier to pull something big yesterday night since everyone was so busy and it was nuts

Aye Spec, and to any other affected by this bish sandy...know that everything from here is up. It can only get better, and it will.
I cant say i've been a hurricane, but i've lost it all before.
Stay strong fams.
Peace to yall in the east.

Who else just saw Chris Christie on NBC?

"The sausage and peppers stand... It's gone |I"

:rofl:

Last edited:
Yeah...I was ambivalent about it...but I'm going to need to suck it up and get one:

[h1] [/h1]

1. [h2]30 Oct[/h2]

tumblr_mcq580EaQ21rzr8vb.jpg

Past Perfect: The Landline

By Harry Sawyers

Landlines really were great in disasters. When the power went out in north Georgia, as it often did, the one thing you could always rely on was that basic, bare-bones, curly-corded phone hanging on the kitchen wall. How else were we supposed to call the power company to tell them the TV wouldn’t turn on?

But it’s basically curtains for the landline. Except for the odd flurry of pay phone activity, it’s pretty obvious that the technology isn’t coming back. Over a quarter of American homes were wireless-only as of 2010, and that was nearlydouble the percentage  from three years before that. At this point, I don’t know anyone under the age of 40 with a land line. If you were moving into a house for the first time, committed to a mobile number your friends had known for years, why would you take on a second bill for a home phone you’d rarely use?

Yet the fact that those people on the streets of NYC turned to the pay phones proves a basic point. Cellular networks, for all their convenience and ubiquity, are vulnerable in times of massive demand. Even when my family got our first cordless home phone, a 900-megahertz Uniden, it was never considered a real replacement for the proven power-outage performer. In fact, there was a hierarchy—the cordless phone upstairs, the corded one on the main floor, and in the basement, where we hunkered down during tornado warnings, a red rotary phone that proven itself a reliable operator since the 1970s.

The last great thing about land lines, before I finish my old man nostalgia tirade, was that they required you to be a little more reliable yourself. Not only because you had to be home to answer a phone, make an appointment, and show up on time, but because you had to actually know people’s phone numbers if you wanted to make contact. You had a list tacked up by the phone, of course—but the most important numbers were committed to memory. I still remember all my childhood friends’ home phone numbers. My parents’ 770 line is the same as it ever was.

Today, I’ve gone out of my way to commit a few key mobile phone numbers to a mental directory. Calling these people all time no longer comes with the muscle memory of my fingers doing a familiar dance across the keypad. But I know the sequence well enough that I can rattle it off in an emergency. That’s still necessary when the power dies and your phone can’t charge up. You may find yourself dialing someone up on a street corner pay phone. And if that person still has a land line, it’s a pretty sure bet you’ll be able to get through.

Image credit: Jannoon028  / Shutterstock

Last edited:
A pic I took, they took the lady out fast but the dog was too hot to touch
2qsw41j.jpg

damn. fido lookin straight stiff:smh:

this aint manhattan tho bro

I honestly have no clue where I'm at. I got a glimpse of a street that said 12thave so i assume. We was put in those army trucks where It's like a giant curtain over the back.

This morning I woke up to screams and look at the window and see a lady and a dog on the floor. Con Edison quickly grabbed the woman but the dog was too hot and burning. He is still there as we speak. They won't go near him. I will take another pic now.

the sausage n peppers stand :rofl:

he's talkin now , him and bloomberg's press conferences are must see :lol:

Back
Top Bottom