************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

I'm seriously so depress I feel like ending my life. I know I should look on the bright side that I'm still alive, but I lost everything. My home is flooded, Im currently in a shelter, have no way to get to my family in the Bronx. Haven't eaten nothing, all I have is the clothes on my back and some cash. Just feel so empty and sad inside.

Sorry to hear that man, I hope you find your way to your family.

I'm seriously so depress I feel like ending my life. I know I should look on the bright side that I'm still alive, but I lost everything. My home is flooded, Im currently in a shelter, have no way to get to my family in the Bronx. Haven't eaten nothing, all I have is the clothes on my back and some cash. Just feel so empty and sad inside.

:frown:

Stay up bro.

Stay up my dude.

Stay up fam

Hold your head up! I know whatever we say to you really is hard to accept and absorb right now with all that you're going through.  But, as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  You just have to keep the hope!  It may take some time but with insurance, federal aid, etc,etc.  You will be able to regroup and stand tall again.  But you need to break it down into priorities and the first priority is to get to your family or get in contact with them to make sure they're ok.  Everything else is just materialistic and can be replaced.  Good luck!  Perhaps the good Mods here at NT can start a fund or relief aid for those affected!  

Everyone steps up to help when other countries need help, well peeps in our own backyard need help now so let's figure out a way to get it done! 

Peace...

Spectacular please update us bro to let us know your okay. I hope you make it to your family somehow soon.
I'm sure many of us are more than happy to send some stuff to you to help. I don't have a lot of money, but i have plenty of extra clothes among other things that i will be more than happy to send you to help once everything clears up.

Stay up fam, and like i said keep us posted so we can try to help.

weather is out of control everywhere...we had a tsunami alert in HI this weekend...blew part of my bday festivities... :frown:

weather is out of control everywhere...we had a tsunami alert in HI this weekend...blew part of my bday festivities...
frown.gif
That was because of an Earthquake off the coast of Alaska though...

For my CUNY brahs school is cancelled on Wednesday. :smile:
Where I go, BMCC. They have no power, flooded streets and no trains. School will probably be cancelled for the whole week

And is 311 out or something? I keep getting a busy signal trying to call them

Last edited:
anybody hear bloomberg just now in his press conference say he aint tryin to diss the president :lol:

dude is too much :lol:

damn, looks like a tornado rolled through there too with all the trees down. that's exactly how it looks here after a tornado. you guys don't play though. already expecting full bus service by tomorrow and a limited schedule today. :pimp:

Hope everyone is safe out there.  My mom's is on the jersey shore and where she's at was hit just with flooding.  That roller coaster falling in seaside is crazy.  Sandy must have been no joke because we had two other serious hurricanes and that ride stood up to that.  But my old hometown in jersey is bad.  Half of the boardwalk is down the street from a friend of mine house and he lives like 4-5 blocks away from the beach.  Ya'll take care out there.

Spectacular, you know you got your NT fam here. PM any one of us or post in here and I'm sure we will try our best to help you get back on your feet

My dude,

All that material stuff you lost can be replaced - as a matter of fact, you can get all that stuff back twofold. Any personal items lost with emotional value is the hardest to bare right now, but you're alive so you can create more memories in the future, all the while holding on to the ones you've already had. As long as your fam is good (who you'll see in due time), your body is good, and your mind is right - after pondering upon things in life that truly matter, you'll see that you've escaped this hurricane totally unscathed. PM any address where you can get mail, and we can start to fix the "I've only got the clothes on my back" problem.

P.S.
I don't know if you have a girl or not, but if you're single - have you any idea how many Sandy sympathy yambs you're about to come up on? You bout to be swingin' in that shelter like Stewie and his sexy parties.

Your NT "CMB - we all we got" brethren,

Cage 202

Aye dude all you lost were material items. They can be replaced. Thank god you are alive man. Its gonna hurt for a while, but you will feel better and your look on material items will change as you know you could lose it at anytime. I don't know you personally, but I played you in 2k last week and I know then you didn't think you'd lose all your material items. I'm praying for you man, don't hurt yourself, you will be ok man. Keep thanking god for your life.

It could always be worst bro. I got a few shirts if you wear a medium, when you get an address set up and good, I'll gladly ship them over.

Thanks to all who have PM me and attempted me to help me out. A lot of people have asked if i have paypal and Im sorry but no. But i do appreciate that you guys are offering to help.

I live on E23st and Lexington ave. I am basically the end of zone A so we was suppose to get hit the lightest of this sandy. Cops and army patrol came to everyone is my building that we was going to be ok and had nothing to worry about. Around 6pm our lights start flickering, my next door neighbor called because she was stuck and her kids baby sitter needed to leave. I helped her taking care of her kids until she came. Around 9 she picks them and we all go back to our lives. 10:30 a wave comes, breaks all the window and at this point im swimming my my house, first instinct was grabbed my wallet and check my neighbor and her kids, after doing that we go outside and army patrol grabbed us , and put us in a truck with other people. I'm here calming her kids down and crying at the same time. We get dropped off at a shelter , have no idea where, It's around 12th ave. Her kids are fine and in sitting here with tears in my eyes thinking everything I have lost but at least I knew my neighbor was fine. They won't let us leave because wires are exposed outside a lady walked a dog and both got electrocuted. Showers are broken, food under cook and life seems going little by little. Just been sitting here praying and trying to text everyone making sure their ok.

I'll update again later on. Stay safe NT and thanks again.

A pic I took, they took the lady out fast but the dog was too hot to touch

2qsw41j.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom