************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

#LIRR update on fares: Off-Peak in effect on all trains until full service is restored // no onboard penalty fees will be charged

The thing that bugs me out the most about this is that the city is literally two different worlds right now. I'm outside doing laundry and about to hit Gamestop while 25 minutes up the road in Sheepshead Bay, someone is trying to figure out how to put the pieces back together. I'm not oblivious to what others are going through, but you have to carry on with your normal routines.

:smh: @ the looting and the mugging. I'm glad they at least got the pic of that one lady stealing the shoes. Straight up scum. Got ZERO sympathy for people like this.

For real, that video of the mugging is just downright disgusting.

That's the reason you carry a gun, shoot every single one of them jits. :evil:
...what?

It's slang for someone generally younger than you, smaller than you...or someone doing something childish....comes from "Juvenile In Training" in the prison system

The thing that bugs me out the most about this is that the city is literally two different worlds right now. I'm outside doing laundry and about to hit Gamestop while 25 minutes up the road in Sheepshead Bay, someone is trying to figure out how to put the pieces back together. I'm not oblivious to what others are going through, but you have to carry on with your normal routines.

Took a ride down 5th last night and it was all light up people outside like normal and at like 38th or 39th down ghost town no traffic lights no power it is just weird

Took a ride down 5th last night and it was all light up people outside like normal and at like 38th or 39th down ghost town no traffic lights no power it is just weird

Hard to describe it but that's what I think all of us NYers are going through.....everything cool in my building, the buildings behind me and for about 3-4 blocks after, have not had power since Monday night....

Also we only got smacked with high winds, so besides trees down on top of power lines we were not affected much in Yonkers, crazy to see these pics, my friends mom lives in alphabet city and refused to leave, she has been stuck there since, car is fried.

bk bars were crazy crowded last night (around ft greene, park slope, williamsburg, bushwick, etc)

Starting Tomorrow @ 6AM:

Ride free thru friday
SUBWAYS: PDF of available service

1 trains will operate local between 242nd Street (Bronx) and Times Square-42nd Street.
2 trains will operate between 241st Street (Bronx) and Times Square-42nd Street, with express service between 96th Street and Times Square.
3 trains are suspended.
4 trains will operate in two sections making all local stops:
Between Woodlawn (Bronx) and Grand Central-42nd Street
Between Borough Hall and New Lots Avenue
5 trains will operate express in Brooklyn between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and Flatbush Avenue.
6 trains will operate local between Pelham Bay Park and Grand Central-42nd Street.
7 trains are suspended.
42nd Street Shuttle S trains will operate between Times Square and Grand Central.
A trains will operate in two sections making all local stops:
**Between 168th Street (Manhattan) and 34th Street-Penn Station
**Between Jay Street/MetroTech and Lefferts Blvd.
B and C service is suspended.
D trains operate in two sections:
**Between 205th Street (Bronx) and 34th Street-Herald Square making all local stops
**In Brooklyn, between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and Bay Parkway making express stops between Pacific Street and 36th Street
E trains are suspended.
F trains operate in two sections making all local stops:
**Between 179th Street (Queens) and 34th Street-Herald Square
**In Brooklyn, between Jay Street-MetroTech and Avenue X
G trains are suspended.
J trains operate between Jamaica Center and Hewes Street making all local stops.
L trains operate between Broadway Junction and rockaway Parkway making all local stops.
M trains operate between Myrtle Avenue-Broadway and Metropolitan Avenue.
N trains operate between Ditmars Blvd. (Queens) and 34th Street-Herald Square making all local stops.
Q trains are suspended.
R trains operate in Brooklyn between Jay Street-MetroTech and 95th Street making all local stops.
Both the Franklin Avenue and Rockaway Park S shuttles are suspended.

SHUTTLE BUSES:

All shuttle buses will operate north on 3rd Avenue and south on Lexington Avenue.
Between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and 57th Street-Lexington Avenue via the Manhattan Bridge
Between Jay Street-MetroTech and 57th Street-Lexington Avenue via the Manhattan Bridge
Between Hewes Street and 57th Street-Lexington Avenue via the Williamsburg Bridge

LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD:

City Terminal – (Jamaica - Penn Station): Suspended (anticipate shuttle between these stations later Wednesday)
Ronkonkoma Branch: Suspended (goal to restore hourly service from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station for AM rush hour Thursday)
Port Washington Branch: Suspended (goal to restore hourly service from Great Neck to Penn Station for AM rush hour Thursday)
Babylon Branch: Suspended
Port Jefferson Branch: Suspended
Montauk Branch: Suspended
Hempstead Branch: Suspended
Long Beach: Suspended
Far Rockaway: Suspended
Oyster Bay Branch: Suspended
West Hempstead: Suspended

METRO-NORTH:

Hudson Line: Suspended
Upper Harlem Line: Suspended
Lower Harlem Line: Restored with hourly service
New Haven Line: Suspended
New Canaan Branch: Suspended
Danbury Branch: Suspended
Waterbury Branch: Suspended

West-of-Hudson:

Pascack Valley: Suspended
Port Jervis: Suspended

Bridges and Tunnels

Robert F. Kennedy Bridge: Open
Henry Hudson Bridge: Open
Throgs Neck Bridge: Open
Bronx-Whitestone Bridge: Open
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge: Open
Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge: Open
Cross Bay Veterans Memorial: Open northbound to Broad Chanel; Open southbound to Rockaways but subject to period closures for emergency equipment
Hugh L. Carey Tunnel: Closed
Queens Midtown Tunnel: Closed

Link

NJ Transit Info

Mayor: I’m ordering that the 4 East River bridges be restricted to vehicles with 3 or more people for Thursday and Friday, 6AM to midnight.

No Path Service
No S.I Ferry

Last edited:
but why is the NBA cancelling the knicks/nets game if we have some train service restored by tomorrow night? I would totally understand if all the trains were still suspended but this is not the case for tomorrow

but why is the NBA cancelling the knicks/nets game if we have some train service restored by tomorrow night? I would totally understand if all the trains were still suspended but this is not the case for tomorrow
It got canceled?

Anybody know if CUNY's are still closed :nerd:?

I've had all of my amenities this entire time but for some reason my cable just went out. Not complaining I just think it's weird but I have been blessed

I've had all of my amenities this entire time but for some reason my cable just went out. Not complaining I just think it's weird but I have been blessed
Time Warner? Its a widespread outage affecting Upper manhattan 90's 80's and other parts.

Half of the crib still has no power, but the good thing is that my doorbell got no power, don't gotta hear trick-or-treaters mashing the doorbell.
pimp.gif

Did the Jersey Shore show house get destroyed?

Time Warner? Its a widespread outage affecting Upper manhattan 90's 80's and other parts.

Yup good ole time warner I'm up in the 190's so I guess it is very widespread. Just bumping this Kendrick and getting work done

Back
Top Bottom