************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

tumblr_mcs9fi2NfC1rn54ujo1_500.jpg

makes me appreciate electricity

Last edited:
Today walking around the city, I realized what New York City would look like without a subway system, as everyone was above ground.

You don't realize how many people are actually here, but damn...

As much as we joke around my dude, take it easy. You're alive, your family is alive (and hopefully so is your friend), and you can live to re-build. All of this material stuff, often comes and goes for us in life. Stay positive and keep your head up...
Coco's weather report...

Even in a damn hurricane she's dying of thirst.

:smh:

Last edited:
Had to drive from apt (90th st west side) to check a job site in union nj this morning. Took me 3 hrs :smh:

Hope all my east coast people are good.

How's everything Spec? Keep your head up

I don't have Friday classes, so my school week is officially over. If anything else, this is giving me an opportunity to catch up on some sleep and catch up on school work.

However, because I go to school in the city, the whole mess with the subways is already annoying me until it is fully fixed. I need to take the B or Q, and they are suspended at the moment. Also, I'm missing out on work because my job is practically on the water (behind it is a big boatyard.

Even though I am fortunate to have had no damage/no power loss at all, I'm still feeling the affects of Sandy, as are many others out there.

Hurricanes suck :smh: .

Last edited:
social media really is a fascinating force itself. that picture above with the phones charging... just shows you where we're at in our history. even when basic necessities are in need, power is off, ...you gotta have your phone..

20 billion dollars worth of damages.

Knicks/Nets game has been cancelled. No makeup date announced yet.

social media really is a fascinating force itself. that picture above with the phones charging... just shows you where we're at in our history. even when basic necessities are in need, power is off, ...you gotta have your phone..
Imagine once we get better batteries though.

GAME. OVER. 

Thats for public HS's what about CUNY??
just got the email from CUNY. CUNY is closed Thursday but classes resume on Friday

ALL scheduled Day and Evening classes at ALL CUNY campuses have been canceled for Thursday, November 1, 2012. Most classes will resume on Friday, November 2, 2012.
October 31, 2012 | The University

Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy and the current status of the New York and New Jersey public transit systems:

ALL scheduled Day and Evening classes at ALL CUNY campuses have been canceled for Thursday, November 1, 2012. Classes will resume on Friday, November 2, 2012.
ALL CUNY employees with the exception of teaching faculty, ARE required to report to work on Thursday, November 1, 2012 except at locations with no power identified below. For those campuses and offices listed below that DO NOT HAVE power, ALL essential and emergency personnel are expected to continue to report to work on Thursday, November 1, 2012. They should contact their immediate supervisor for instructions on work assignments and hours to report to work.
Locations with no power: Borough of Manhattan Community College; New Community College; Baruch College; Kingsborough Community College; Hunter’s Brookdale Residence Hall and Health Science Campus ONLY; and University Offices located at 395 Hudson Street. Please note that several campuses are working to restore power in time to resume classes on Friday. Updates on that effort and the status of Friday classes will announced on Thursday.

For more information visit your campus website.

ALL shelters located on CUNY Campuses will remain open and operating in support of the City’s Coastal Storm Plan and evacuation orders.

Link

wow :rolleyes

tumblr_mcryz8x0zw1qgiqiko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcryeejFMW1qa9cylo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcryabEZ6e1qa9cylo1_500.jpg

aint nobody dealing wit dis b

im considering going to work 2mrw via F train. i can't see this commute to manhattan (from queens) being fun. im def not driving or taking the bus, pics are confirming what im hearing that roads are OD. But you gotta do what you gotta do right? :\

Last edited:
Seriously man, nothing short of a nuclear attack will stop this city.

i rode my bike at around 2:00 pm yesterday from brooklyn into the city, and there were hoards of people on the brooklyn bridge just checking stuff out, walking like we didnt just have a natural disaster. rode through midtown and folks were stopping by shops like it was nothing. times square? you couldnt even tell there was a hurricane 12 hours prior. just so much life.

was riding back down to the bridges when i realized i entered into the zone with no power. so for about two miles, i was ridin on 1st ave, no electricity. so goddamn surreal. mad people were still out just walking around.

love this city. love the fight. im proud to be born here man.

I live in Westchester. Just got power back at around 6ish after losing it Sunday afternoon.

T'was terrible being in the dark, literally. No trains, No buses, nothing. I though we had it bad, but I am only now seeing the havoc Sandy wreaked in other parts of the city, New Jersey (mom told me Jersey got straight walloped), and elsewhere. Crazy stuff all around.

These last days made me realize just how dependent we are on technology and electricity. Due to the buses offering partial service, I decided to head into the city to charge up my phone and comp (this was before we regained power in my section of Westchester). Went to a couple of places to charge up with no luck and finally decided to head to Grand Central. I kid you not when I say that almost everyone there, that came down to the lower level--the cafe area--only came there to charge their electronics. It really was something worth seeing. All the black and white cords, charging up Iphones, Ipads, Macs, BBerry's, Kindles, Andriods, etc. Never seen anything like it.

I think above all else, I was just really unnerved by it. Technology really has become our sixth and dominant sense. Without it, we're clearly all lost, and in the dark.

Last edited:
^yeah it really was crazy how out of touch I felt for the past few days. The only time I had service on my iphone is when I'd take a drive, other than that nothing. It wasn't too bad though. Just a different experience.

With that being said, I spent more on beer in these past few days than in the past month :lol:

Thats for public HS's what about CUNY??
just got the email from CUNY. CUNY is closed Thursday but classes resume on Friday

ALL scheduled Day and Evening classes at ALL CUNY campuses have been canceled for Thursday, November 1, 2012. Most classes will resume on Friday, November 2, 2012.
October 31, 2012 | The University

Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy and the current status of the New York and New Jersey public transit systems:

ALL scheduled Day and Evening classes at ALL CUNY campuses have been canceled for Thursday, November 1, 2012. Classes will resume on Friday, November 2, 2012.
ALL CUNY employees with the exception of teaching faculty, ARE required to report to work on Thursday, November 1, 2012 except at locations with no power identified below. For those campuses and offices listed below that DO NOT HAVE power, ALL essential and emergency personnel are expected to continue to report to work on Thursday, November 1, 2012. They should contact their immediate supervisor for instructions on work assignments and hours to report to work.
Locations with no power: Borough of Manhattan Community College; New Community College; Baruch College; Kingsborough Community College; Hunter’s Brookdale Residence Hall and Health Science Campus ONLY; and University Offices located at 395 Hudson Street. Please note that several campuses are working to restore power in time to resume classes on Friday. Updates on that effort and the status of Friday classes will announced on Thursday.

For more information visit your campus website.

ALL shelters located on CUNY Campuses will remain open and operating in support of the City’s Coastal Storm Plan and evacuation orders.

Link

wow :rolleyes

tumblr_mcryz8x0zw1qgiqiko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcryeejFMW1qa9cylo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcryabEZ6e1qa9cylo1_500.jpg

aint nobody dealing wit dis b

im considering going to work 2mrw via F train. i can't see this commute to manhattan (from queens) being fun. im def not driving or taking the bus, pics are confirming what im hearing that roads are OD. But you gotta do what you gotta do right? :\

on the bright side you wouldn't have to pay since

@NYGovCuomo has declared a transportation state of emergency, directed MTA to waive fares on Subway, buses, Metro-North & LIRR thru Friday.

:\

Last edited:
I'm trolling?

I just find it amazing that even with all the warnings, lives are still at stake. I know that number will unfortunately go up too, thats the sad thing.

How do you get "trolling" from that? I wasn't being sarcastic. I genuinely think its messed up that 13 people managed to die already. I didn't expect to get that CNN email on my phone. 

I hope it wasn't homeless people or something because with all the warning we've had, theres really no excuse.

Thought leader my *****.

Httb, you gotta remember that the MTA lost a lot of money too... Ideally, it would be nice of them to extend the metrocards. But I will not be surprised if they choose not too.

why couldn't cuny shut down on Friday? Got a damn test scheduled this friday. Professor don't give a damn. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom