************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Any NTers who are out of electricity and need a spot to stay or chill out, you're more than welcomed...I'm in the east 60s.
good gentleman right here...

I didn't think sandy would be as catastrophic as it turned out to be, you guys be safe out there.

The sign language lady during Bloomberg's press conference. The second best thing next to Spanish Bloomberg :lol:

sign5w.gif

Last edited:
You need 3 or more people in your car to cross the bridges and tunnels?

What if I don't have three people to put in my car?

You need 3 or more people in your car to cross the bridges and tunnels?

What if I don't have three people to put in my car?

yes.
they wouldn't let you pass.
they suggest picking up some people near the bridge that are trying to get across :\

just got over the tri borough bridge that traffic is crazy once you get past the check points there are literally no cars got from the toll booth to 96th and Madison in about 6 min fdr is a ghost town. My mother and me had to bring my little brother to work in order to get the 3 people limit tho :smh:

Last edited:
just got over the tri borough bridge that traffic is crazy once you get past the check points there are literally no cars got from the toll booth to 96th and Madison in about 6 min fdr is a ghost town. My mother and me had to bring my little brother to work in order to get the 3 people limit tho :smh:
The traffic on the tri borough is insane. I left my house at 6am and JUST got to work.

I didn't hit the tri borough yesterday, but I feel like the checkpoint blocking two lanes is just making things worse.

On top of that, I didn't see a checkpoint until damn near the end of the bridge. Doesn't make much sense to me at all, but what do I know.

why couldn't cuny shut down on Friday? Got a damn test scheduled this friday. Professor don't give a damn. :smh:
What school do you go to? Some of the campuses still don't have power so if it's not restored by tomorrow, those schools will remained closed imo

Locations with no power: Borough of Manhattan Community College; New Community College; Baruch College; Kingsborough Community College; Hunter’s Brookdale Residence Hall and Health Science Campus ONLY; and University Offices located at 395 Hudson Street. Please note that several campuses are working to restore power in time to resume classes on Friday. Updates on that effort and the status of Friday classes will announced on Thursday.

from http://www1.cuny.edu/mu/forum/2012/10/31/campus-condition-updates/

Last edited:
The traffic on the tri borough is insane. I left my house at 6am and JUST got to work.
I didn't hit the tri borough yesterday, but I feel like the checkpoint blocking two lanes is just making things worse.
On top of that, I didn't see a checkpoint until damn near the end of the bridge. Doesn't make much sense to me at all, but what do I know.

Tomorrow i think i am going to try going under the Bruckner because there was less traffic off the highway and getting on the bridge from the other side. I dont know how the madison ave and 3rd ave bridges looked but im sure it was 10 times worse

Im going to try this

View media item 123595

The sign language lady during Bloomberg's press conference. The second best thing next to Spanish Bloomberg :lol:

sign5w.gif

Son, that lady GOES IN with the signing! The other day I couldn't take my eyes off of her...totally missed Bloomberg's message.

Yesterday he had a dude doing it though....I was disappoint.

:wow: :x :smh: at the lines for buses at Barclay's. **** that. Find two other people and hop in a cab.

Yeah just give it up. If the crowds are that crazy you're not making it in to work until at least 3 then you gotta do it all again to get home in a couple of hours.:smh:

Last edited:
is that photo from Barclay's as of this morning?

I do have to work in the afternoon by 4pm, getting there is no problem, but then I have no idea how to get home since it'll be late around midnight or 1am (doubt shuttle buses even work this late)

I'd drive bbut I have 1/4 tank of gas.....someone please point me to the direction of a gas station that ACTUALLY HAS GASOLINE (brooklyn or Queens)... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom