************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

All bus pics are from this morning

tumblr_mcsl4s3sLt1rxqvijo1_500.jpg

"7:15PM line at the gas station this isnt counting the car line that extended about 10 blocks down Port Richmond Ave."

:x

201211_nogasline3.jpg

bronx

201211_nogasnj.jpg

nj

103112commute.jpg

so much for my plan to catch buses at hewes :smh:

Last edited:
AP_ShoreScenesSandy_022.jpg

Waves wash over a roller coaster from a Seaside Heights, N.J. amusement park that fell in the Atlantic Ocean during superstorm Sandy on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012. New Jersey got the brunt of the massive storm, which made landfall in the state and killed six people. More than 2 million customers were without power as of Wednesday afternoon, down from a peak of 2.7 million. ( ... More Caption »

Share link:

x

ugh, im by Kings Plaza in BK now with 1/4 tank, last thing I'd want is to drive way out there and find out there is none left.

I think I may just have to wait it out :x

ugh, im by Kings Plaza in BK now with 1/4 tank, last thing I'd want is to drive way out there and find out there is none left.
I think I may just have to wait it out :x

I live around that area. No gas at all anywhere :smh: .

can't you ride a bike?

:lol: You're definitely not from the area. No one is riding a bike from Kings Plaza to Manhattan (if that's where Mez works). It would take hours considering the traffic situation. Once he hits the Flatbush Avenue Ext., given he's riding by bike, its over given the ordeal at Barclay's.

Yeah I might just head to Queens to spend the night, this is the LAST place I would be able to get gas anyways :lol:

I'll prob have a better chance to find gas out there anyways.

:lol: You're definitely not from the area. No one is riding a bike from Kings Plaza to Manhattan (if that's where Mez works). It would take hours considering the traffic situation. Once he hits the Flatbush Avenue Ext., given he's riding by bike, its over given the ordeal at Barclay's.

is there not a bike lane? when i went to NYC there were bike lanes all over the place. i have rode my bike at least 18-20 miles within an hour an a half. but i guess it's different with the colder weather and probably more congestion.

I just got home.  I'm in ENY and it's crazy out here.  The gas situation got folks acting like animals out here.

I tried to make it to Bellevue again to help with the evacuation. Never had a shot with public transportation. Plus I only have a 1/4 tank and there is NOOOOOO gas anywhere.

I tried to make it to Bellevue again to help with the evacuation. Never had a shot with public transportation. Plus I only have a 1/4 tank and there is NOOOOOO gas anywhere.
theres acouple philly gas stations that are out due to power outage, is that also the case in NY ? or did a majority of them get damaged

Is the problem a lack of gas or is the problem no power to pump the gas? One of the directors was talking about a gas station in jersey that had a generator that he was using to pump gas (generator being powered with his stations gas)

^ Both. Here on staten island, power was out everywhere. So steadily since tuesday morning gas stations have been getting power back but once word gets out a place has gas, there comes the 2 hour waits etc etc until they run out. It's hard for the functioning gas stations to get more gas delivered because of the traffic all throughout jersey and NYC.

Is the problem a lack of gas or is the problem no power to pump the gas? One of the directors was talking about a gas station in jersey that had a generator that he was using to pump gas (generator being powered with his stations gas)

both i guess. stations are running dry because people emptied out the tanks. its not as if the reserves/depots in jersey are empty (can't see why they would be) but powerloss could prevent re supply trucks from getting filled and sent out. plus damage to roads/driving restrictions...makes for a difficult situation.

my boy drives to work and his car is on E. tryin to help him out by hitting up the NT interwebz for gas info, its all i can do from the office right now :\

if you live in queens and know a gas station with some of that good stuff left (90% sure), PM me or post it here. much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom