************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

So I got home from a friends house at 3:30/4AM and saw a small line starting to form by the gas station by my house. I said **** it, and got in my car and waited on line. Needless to say, 10AM came, I moved up maybe three car spots only, and then got word that "we don't any have any idea when we are getting gas."

I took the huge L and went home. I'll just wait this out, cannot deal with lines and not knowing the situation ahead of me.

So I got home from a friends house at 3:30/4AM and saw a small line starting to form by the gas station by my house. I said **** it, and got in my car and waited on line. Needless to say, 10AM came, I moved up maybe three car spots only, and then got word that "we don't any have any idea when we are getting gas."
I took the huge L and went home. I'll just wait this out, cannot deal with lines and not knowing the situation ahead of me.

Do you have enough gas to make it CT? Might be your best option if your desperate.

Dam the situation is messed up all over.

Do you have enough gas to make it CT? Might be your best option if your desperate.

No way, I wish. I may not go to school tomorrow (because of train situations) and then attempt to get gas all afternoon.

"More than 80% of subway is restored, but it'll carry less than 80% of normal capacity. Trains will be crowded & run w/extended intervals."

|I

if this Q train doesnt go farther than Atlantic by morning :smh:

"Subway and bus riders, if possible, we recommend commuting earlier in the morning or later in the day to help reduce overcrowding tomorrow."

its gonna be bad :smh: |I

tumblr_mczfwfupIs1qidziho1_500.jpg

:frown:

Last edited:
If you have enough gas to make it to CT, it might be worth it to make a trip up there to find a town to fill up in and drive back.
I'm considering making this trip later tonight when there's no traffic. Any recommendations on places I can go.

Just to let everyone know Advance Auto Parts on 832 Pennsylvania Ave. Brooklyn, NY might get a shipment of gas tanks tomorrow morning. The Distribution Center hasn't confirmed it yet if they will or if they won't. You can call them tomorrow around 7AM to confirm (718) 272-7170 Their last shipment sold out within 2 hours of 5 gal gas, kerosene, and diesel. (718) 272-7170

I have friends and family in Bay Ridge and they've all said it was a zoo. This was as of yesterday, I'm sure it's the same today.

Bay Ridge has been madness with the lines for gas. I passed by a station on 65th and 3rd and asked where the end of the line was and a cop told me "last I heard 89th st." People pushing their cars on the line, cars for the whole stretch blocking the intersections. I saw a sanitation worker tell someone blocking them "move the car or I'm driving the truck thru you" I was fortunate enough to use my gov't issued ID at a Getty on 65th street and was allowed to cut the line and fill my tank. I would have never thought things would be this bad this long with the gas situation.

Bay Ridge has been madness with the lines for gas. I passed by a station on 65th and 3rd and asked where the end of the line was and a cop told me "last I heard 89th st." People pushing their cars on the line, cars for the whole stretch blocking the intersections. I saw a sanitation worker tell someone blocking them "move the car or I'm driving the truck thru you" I was fortunate enough to use my gov't issued ID at a Getty on 65th street and was allowed to cut the line and fill my tank. I would have never thought things would be this bad this long with the gas situation.
what do you mean use your government issued ID to get gas? how does that work

what do you mean use your government issued ID to get gas? how does that work

The cops at the gas station were showing courtesies to certain people. I work for DHS and my gov't ID has Federal Emergency Response Official labeling on it. I went there in uniform, showed my ID and they let me in.

90% of Hempstead had power since Tuesday afternoon, I think West Hempstead is like 70%
i went to west hempstead last thursday and there was no power, a lot of power lines have fallen when i was there. i have to go back to my apartment in west hempstead in 2 hours and if theres no power its going to be a cold night

Last edited:
idk brah, they're saying the island wont be fully restored until Sat/Sun 

Nassau has the most power outages in the Tri-State area

I was one of the lucky ones who only lost power for a day and a half

Last edited:
For whoever asked about Rosedale a few pages back, it got hit hard. I didn't expect it, nor did my grandfather. He and many on his block had their basements flooded in the middle of the night. He had just renovated it and everything including his two cars in the garage were totaled. To say he's livid is an understatement. I feel awful that this happened.

damn i'm leaving my house 2 hours early to get to work. hopefully my commute is fine from Brooklyn to Manhattan so i can use those 2 hours and hit the gym before work starts. staying indoors for the past week had me eating all day. feels like i've gained 10 pounds.

The Q train now goes from Kings Highway to Astoria :smokin
Marine Parkway and Cross Bay bridge tolls have been suspended

Wait what? I just checked the subway recovery map on their site and it only runs from Kings Highways to Atlantic Avenue.

Back
Top Bottom