I Am 23 And Never Been Drunk Or High Am I Missing Out?

Originally Posted by tek9pnda

ur a square
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

he ain lyin...

You're only missing out if that's something you wish to experience but haven't. I'm not a fan of the silly weeds myself but I do love a goodnight with Mr. Jagermeister.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by Sputnik

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Nope, because when you turn 30 you're gonna be happy you never did.
i dont agree with this. Even though the majority will, in fact, regret drinking when we're older, doesnt mean that we shouldnt do it. Im sure many of us regret wasting money of video games or pokemon cards, whatever you liked as a kid. At the time it seemed the best thing ever, but now that we grew older it seemed like a waste of time and money. I think most things end up like this (cars, some relationships etc) but you only live once. Personally, I would like to have experiences and memories to look back on, because thats all that life is.
pimp.gif

Even though i drink, have never smoked before.
Regret: to feel sorrow or remorse for

If you will feel sorrow or remorse for drinking later in life and know that now, why would you do it? Again I go back to the fire illustration. Would you stick your hand in fire knowing you will regret it later? Oh but by some of the logic I read here, "I shouldn't knock it unless I try it" or "You only live once" it would insinuate that I should just do it even though I might regret it later.

I have already talked about how flawed the "don't knock it unless you try it" thing is.

What about "You only live once"
Yeah you only live once so why not do things that will have you not live as long, that might cause complications for you when you get older?
So you mean since I only get once life I should go out and try everything I can so i can say I experienced everything? Hold on I'll be right back I got to stab myself in the heart to see how it feels. I only live once...

Let me go get wasted and high so i can experience life the way a young person should. I better do it now because there is no time like now to burn myself. Afterall I might not be alive in 7 days to know what it feels like to chop my legs off.

Again these are my views and take them for what they are, cautious, I don't know what living is all about, I am not really happy because I don't get blown on occasion, I can't experience joy unless I come home from a binger and throw up all over the place every once and again. I am just fine not taking part in said activities. Like I said before do what you will just take into account the LOGIC behind peoples answers.
so you don't drink soda, eat fastfood, eat junk food, or drink tap water?
grin.gif

I think you are missing out.

Obviously you feel good, usually. But when ppl drink and smoke its so much easier meeting new people. Parties and what not everyones drinking and happy andtalkin.
Then you go outside light up a cig when another dude comes up to ask for a lighter, now your having a conversation with them and others. Stuff like that youknow.

idk thats just what i think. Im a very social person so maybe its only me.

i'd say no.

i've never been high but i've been drunk a few times, i'd say if you're at a social event, go ahead and drink to get a buzz, but don't passout...that's just me though. personally, i don't wanna drink unless it's a social thing...

but it depends on how you wanna live your life, if you feel like you need to at least give it a shot, try it at least once.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

The body is the temple man.
If you don't take care of body how can you expect everything else to fall into place?
Yes alcohol can be used in moderation but I would never play with fire.
Anything that takes me out of my conscious state or dumbs my senses...how could that possibly be good for you?
Then we got the cats who go "weed ain't bad man its from the earth"
Well that $15 crap that you getting from the nearest weedman is the farthest thing from marijuana.
But of course you shouldn't expect people to understand.
They cant even hold on to a damn carb diet for a week.
smh.gif

Hell tap water got so much $@#% in it today, what the hell do you think alcohol contains?
Your makings a smart decision and looking out for your body and not falling into the cool,
be proud cause you aint missing a damn thing.

THIS.

Originally Posted by lysolflow

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Man, do it in moderation. I'm not one of those cats that likes to be high or drunk 24/7. There's a good feeling about being sober and having clarity to reflect on how fun you had, when you were high or drunk, or just with life.. But you'll never get to hear the best sounds of your life, appreciate food to its true essence, and have thoughts about this universe that is out of this world, unless you're high. Weed is something you have to experience a couple of times in life to enjoy the benefits.
roll.gif
Care to explain what's funny?

im 22 and dont smoke nor drink also....and ppl get shocked when i say that... but id say nope not missing out on nothing...i have fun

So we drinking cause its the in thing.....
Everybody else is drinking so in order to be social I must indulge in alcoholism and inhale chemicals.
If we can just turn this logic into drinking 8 glasses of water a day and gettting 7+ hours of sleep we
will be alright.
Its Biological Warfare out here I swear.
Indians lost their land to jug. We losing our minds.
Maybe thats it.... the youth of America is just to hammered, stoned, and sleep deprived to do anything worth something.
I have yet to meet a person who drinks just because they like the way it taste or smoke because they like how it smells
You're looking an affect that damages your body each time.
From of the looks of it some people in here drink or smoke just to fit in a certain class.
Its almost like how back in the western days when cigarettes determined the classiness or wealthiness of a person.
Little did they know they were smoking their way to a early grave.

Yep this is the life.....

"Awww man I had a wild night last night....but I can't remember it..."

What kind of @%#^ is that?
But with that said do you...
Im just the type of person who gets a high off life.

The Fame posted the disadvantages...now if I had time I would post some pictures of win...my fellow NT Brethen posts pics of no inhibitions please

I'm 23 and im on same boat.

Never had the desire.
Plus was too afraid of my dad to come home reeking of anything growing up.

Honestly at that age I would avoid it at all costs because once you finally do you're three times as more likely to be attending AA meetings. Personally Istick to the 007 drunk were and make sure I'm always able to talk to anyone. Always take note of my current state before I pick up another drink. and

WEEDS NOT EVEN A DRUG. EVER SUCKED $+*# FOR WEED? BOOOO THIS MAN.

Everybody definitely needs to get high at least once in life.
Walking out the local 7-11 shook because you cant remember if you paid for your stuff is a life changing experience

I've been drunk once

been high twice

You aint missing nothing. 'and I doubt if I EVER get drunk again, may smoke again one day though, even then itd be like once a year

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Damn, you sound really uptight. I don't blame anybody ,but myself for my failures. Whether it's alcohol or drugs, you live and you learn.I enjoy alcohol and weed occasionally. If it's an IN thing for you, then you are not drinking and smoking right. I enjoy having a nice cold beer( perhaps 5or 6) that compliments my steak by myself. Or smoke, and listen to music or eat my steak. You can feel every atom in that steak when you're high. Can youdo that high off of life?

I am 24 and never been drunk or high either. I have partaken of alcohol before, but I was just at the house by myself watching the game

Back
Top Bottom