'I finally got a gun' Tragic last tweet of high school teen who shot herself over her ex GF

these anti suicide trolls are getting annoying.  yeah putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger is "soft".  some people are going through stuff you can't comprehend whether you understand it or not.  not everyone thinks like you.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I really don't like how they said she did it over her gf.

And they need to find out where she got a gun from.

She also wrote: 'The only thing that made me happy is gone…I'm miserable.'
The 'thing' she refers to is not clear, but a previous post suggests she had just split up with a partner.

She had written: 'My heart is broken. I'm not picking up the pieces and I'm not gonna rely on anybody to put my heart back together. It's just that destroyed.'

I'm sure there is more to the story, but this looks like it pretty much sent her over the edge.

And dude, why does it matter where she got the gun from? She's already gone. Anyone can get a gun.

I agree it sent her over the edge 
She is a minor and she got a gun, that is illegal, they need to know where she got the gun so that person can be held accountable.

Did son really say "why does it matter where she got the gun from?" Doesnt seem like her life was really that bad, it says she was popular, on her HS volleyball team, even she said she had people that loved her and will be hurt when she's gone but she didnt care, plus she said she wasnt struggling financially....I may be assuming but it seems like she extremely over-reacted and definitely needed to seek some help....very unstable mentally.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Weekz

This online media networks is destroying our youth, I'm convinced kids shouldn't be allowed on these social networks.

How are online media and social networks destroying our youth?  You can't put the websites at fault for allowing this girl to speak her mind.  The issue isn't with the websites, that is just skirting around the issue.  The issue is her mental state and the fact that no one in her real life either didn't notice or didn't care enough to do anything.  Then there is the issue of how she even obtained the gun (although there are millions of other ways for a person to kill themselves).  Don't attack my first amendment rights as a youth  to speak freely wherever and whenever because one girl killed herself.  

While the main isssue is in fact her mental state, it's obvious something is wrong in your head for you to take your own life, these media networks have become THE LIFE of today's youth, maybe the people in her life would have listened but she felt more connected to her online family and the fact that her cries for help were ignored was what put her over...maybe, who knows...this is the second suicide this week I've read of, the first one was this past tuesday, 14 year old came in through our Emergency Room after she hung herself, we tried to bring her back but she was far gone, she did it allegedly because of online bullying ONLINE!!!!!!!!....mother and father both nurses, older and younger brother, complete family...they had no idea of their daughters mental state....seriously, this has got to stop..Something has to edine to filter the use of these social mediums by such young kids.
How are online media networks destroying our youth though? The fact that their families suspected nothing says more about them than the girls that took their lives. They should know who they associate in real life and they should have an idea about what they do online.  You do realize that a lot of these kids are introverts and probably have little to no friends or aren't comfortable enough to talk to anyone in their real life about their problems? It also doesn't help when their parents are always working or not in their lives at all. You try to make it sound like it is easy as 1-2-3 to get help. It isn't. There's a reason they are the way they are, they have no one they trust 100.  And to take social networks away from kids is laughable.  Many suicides have been prevented because people were able to find someone to turn to. Social networking is not the problem here.

Why should the person that sold the gun be accountable for her death?
eyes.gif

and she was probably the only person that knew where that gun came from (other than the seller), don't think they'll come forward.

Insert "Typical ignorant NT response"

-She's weak
-She's a lesbian she just needed good penis
-Kids today are soft no child has ever committed suicide out of heartbreak in the past
-I hope she goes to hell suicide is a sin and people who make that decision are cowards
-This is why they should ban gay marriage

Originally Posted by JD214

eyes.gif

Because

she wasn't legally allowed to own a gun, therefore the seller never should have sold her the gun.

Breh...kids these days pitiful...wish I could have these problems they killing themselves over...get outa here man

Originally Posted by megatron

How are online media and social networks destroying our youth?  You can't put the websites at fault for allowing this girl to speak her mind.  The issue isn't with the websites, that is just skirting around the issue.  The issue is her mental state and the fact that no one in her real life either didn't notice or didn't care enough to do anything.  Then there is the issue of how she even obtained the gun (although there are millions of other ways for a person to kill themselves).  Don't attack my first amendment rights as a youth  to speak freely wherever and whenever because one girl killed herself.  

While the main isssue is in fact her mental state, it's obvious something is wrong in your head for you to take your own life, these media networks have become THE LIFE of today's youth, maybe the people in her life would have listened but she felt more connected to her online family and the fact that her cries for help were ignored was what put her over...maybe, who knows...this is the second suicide this week I've read of, the first one was this past tuesday, 14 year old came in through our Emergency Room after she hung herself, we tried to bring her back but she was far gone, she did it allegedly because of online bullying ONLINE!!!!!!!!....mother and father both nurses, older and younger brother, complete family...they had no idea of their daughters mental state....seriously, this has got to stop..Something has to edine to filter the use of these social mediums by such young kids.
How are online media networks destroying our youth though? The fact that their families suspected nothing says more about them than the girls that took their lives. They should know who they associate in real life and they should have an idea about what they do online.  You do realize that a lot of these kids are introverts and probably have little to no friends or aren't comfortable enough to talk to anyone in their real life about their problems? It also doesn't help when their parents are always working or not in their lives at all. You try to make it sound like it is easy as 1-2-3 to get help. It isn't. There's a reason they are the way they are, they have no one they trust 100.  And to take social networks away from kids is laughable.  Many suicides have been prevented because people were able to find someone to turn to. Social networking is not the problem here.

I may have chosen the wrong words, but this new era of social networks has a lot to do with how we all lea our lives now as opposed to 14 years ago and our kids are growing up in this cyber world, where face to face interaction comes secondary to a post on a Facebook wall, kids jump individual and the first thing they do is upload phone video to WSHH, shorty gets gun...before off'ing herself she posts a picture on twitter and writes death notes on her blog....14 year old gets made fun of on Facebook and she commits suicide...you are right parents should Also do their part and if their child kills themselves chances are they failed somewhere...but let's not act like being able to publicize every move of your life with the touch of a button isn't having an effect on this.We've all been there, that odd teenage phase, some if not most of us have been bullied...turned down by a girl, humiliated in class perhaps, those things seemed like the end of the world back then when things wouldn't get passed the 3 block radious you lived in or even your school, nowadays kid gets beat up in LA and we found out about in NY, public humiliation to a whole other level, put a 14 year old through that and chances are they will also feel like suicide is the only option and some will actually go through with it.

ksteezy wrote:
She is a minor and she got a gun, that is illegal, they need to know where she got the gun so that person can be held accountable.

Did son really say "why does it matter where she got the gun from?" Doesnt seem like her life was really that bad, it says she was popular, on her HS volleyball team, even she said she had people that loved her and will be hurt when she's gone but she didnt care, plus she said she wasnt struggling financially....I may be assuming but it seems like she extremely over-reacted and definitely needed to seek some help....very unstable mentally.
Dont put me between you guys lovers spat.
laugh.gif

She could have been putting up a front. You cant look at her life and say she had no problems.

When ever I see young girls commit suicide the first things I think of are molestation and bullying.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

-She's weak
-Kids today are soft no child has ever committed suicide out of heartbreak in the past
-I hope she goes to hell suicide is a sin and people who make that decision are cowards

WOW

-She's weak

laugh.gif

Who said anything like that 

eyes.gif

Because

she wasn't legally allowed to own a gun, therefore the seller never should have sold her the gun.

Most likely she got the gun from the streets, You think they care? No
indifferent.gif
. Even if they did, broad probably lied about her age.

Reading she's from Houston, really not that hard to get a gun out there.

and like I said, her and the dealer are probably the only two that knew where the gun came from.

It's very wrong to say you HOPE she's burning in hell but sadly, I believe she very well is ATM.
frown.gif

ksteezy wrote:

Dont put me between you guys lovers spat.
laugh.gif

She could have been putting up a front. You cant look at her life and say she had no problems.

When ever I see young girls commit suicide the first things I think of are molestation and bullying.

Definitely, I'm wrong for assuming she didn't have problems.I just think her mental state probably had a lot more influence on her decision than anything.And are dudes really saying the person she got the gun from shouldn't be held accountable???...are you kidding me?

I may have chosen the wrong words, but this new era of social networks has a lot to do with how we all lea our lives now as opposed to 14 years ago and our kids are growing up in this cyber world, where face to face interaction comes secondary to a post on a Facebook wall, kids jump individual and the first thing they do is upload phone video to WSHH, shorty gets gun...before off'ing herself she posts a picture on twitter and writes death notes on her blog....14 year old gets made fun of on Facebook and she commits suicide...you are right parents should Also do their part and if their child kills themselves chances are they failed somewhere...but let's not act like being able to publicize every move of your life with the touch of a button isn't having an effect on this.

We've all been there, that odd teenage phase, some if not most of us have been bullied...turned down by a girl, humiliated in class perhaps, those things seemed like the end of the world back then when things wouldn't get passed the 3 block radious you lived in or even your school, nowadays kid gets beat up in LA and we found out about in NY, public humiliation to a whole other level, put a 14 year old through that and chances are they will also feel like suicide is the only option and some will actually go through with it.

You are being overdramatic, probably as a result of your profession. There are countless kids out there going through the same typical teen drama +#*$ she did, and posting it on the internets, and not killing themselves over it. To even insist the smallest amount of blame goes to these social networking websites is escapism of the highest level.

eyes.gif

Because

Most likely she got the gun from the streets, You think they care? No
indifferent.gif
. Even if they did, broad probably lied about her age.

Reading she's from Houston, really not that hard to get a gun out there.

and like I said, her and the dealer are probably the only two that knew where the gun came from.

It's not about the streets caring, or her lying about her age, IT WAS ILLEGAL...and best believe whoever that gun is traced back to is screwed....if in fact it can be traced back to anyone.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I may have chosen the wrong words, but this new era of social networks has a lot to do with how we all lea our lives now as opposed to 14 years ago and our kids are growing up in this cyber world, where face to face interaction comes secondary to a post on a Facebook wall, kids jump individual and the first thing they do is upload phone video to WSHH, shorty gets gun...before off'ing herself she posts a picture on twitter and writes death notes on her blog....14 year old gets made fun of on Facebook and she commits suicide...you are right parents should Also do their part and if their child kills themselves chances are they failed somewhere...but let's not act like being able to publicize every move of your life with the touch of a button isn't having an effect on this.

We've all been there, that odd teenage phase, some if not most of us have been bullied...turned down by a girl, humiliated in class perhaps, those things seemed like the end of the world back then when things wouldn't get passed the 3 block radious you lived in or even your school, nowadays kid gets beat up in LA and we found out about in NY, public humiliation to a whole other level, put a 14 year old through that and chances are they will also feel like suicide is the only option and some will actually go through with it.

You are being overdramatic, probably as a result of your profession. There are countless kids out there going through the same typical teen drama +#*$ she did, and posting it on the internets, and not killing themselves over it. To even insist the smallest amount of blame goes to these social networking websites is escapism of the highest level.

I guess we can respect each others opinions.

Originally Posted by buggz05

I sorta just want to tell everybody in this thread to sthu

She didn't do this for your condolences or your approval. She did it for herself.

She obviously knows that people have it worse in this world according to her notes. Being suicidal is not easy. It is FORCED upon you, by something inside you. You have no choice but to listen to it. Until eventually you just can't take it anymore. So you just end it.

I can't judge her for what she did, or why. She made a decision about her life, based on experiences in her life. And no one can fault her for that, because no one experienced it for her.

Yea, so there's starving children in Africa who have it worse. It sux. I hope they're not starving, and suicidal. Because both of them eat at you from the inside. One of them your body gives up on you. The other one, it's your mind that gives up on you.

I hope she found peace and was happy with her choice. RIP and condolences to her friends/family.
I sorta agree with you, but its obvious she wanted an audience and she is getting it now, what do you expect people to say.
People silently commit suicide everyday, but this girl blogged about it and even showed  the gun. 
I saw it more as her trying to reach out for help more than seeking an audience. Some people do things privately, others publicly, but I don't agree with painting her as attention-seeking when suicidal thoughts are driving her to end her life. Anyone who has been medically confirmed as depressed can confirm the heavy weight of living and trudging through every day, I'm sure. Just imagine feeling completely hopeless, and think of how crushing it would be to absolutely know (this is in the mind of a depressed person, not necessarily reality) that life will not get better. The option to them must seem clear.

For someone who works in the medical industry, you don't know $#*% about mental health. You don't know what happened in her life. Did you skip the thread about the editor for that website or something who killed himself because he was molested as a child and it messed him up? Dude was successful, but he just couldn't go on because his life was scarred for ever.

What I'm getting at is that you have no right to judge her because all you know is what you read in a 200 word article and a few blog posts/ tweets.

Do I need to tell you how easy it is to get a gun? Thought you were about that life?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

For someone who works in the medical industry, you don't know $#*% about mental health. You don't know what happened in her life. Did you skip the thread about the editor for that website or something who killed himself because he was molested as a child and it messed him up? Dude was successful, but he just couldn't go on because his life was scarred for ever.

What I'm getting at is that you have no right to judge her because all you know is what you read in a 200 word article and a few blog posts/ tweets.

Do I need to tell you how easy it is to get a gun? Thought you were about that life?
thank you.  yeah cool she was on the volly ball team? oh word she wasn't poor? she was depressed son, none of that matters.

yes, when i was her age i could pick a gun up for under 100 bucks at school. these dudes have their heads in the clouds saying she was too young and find where she got it.

I'm glad we have so many experts on mental health on NT to diagnose her as "soft" and because she's still young there is no way or reason she should be depressed. Surely nobody is talking out of their %%% on issues they know nothing of.

-She's weak

laugh.gif

Who said anything like that 
You're new here, but plenty of people have said similar things in past threads.

Back
Top Bottom