'I finally got a gun' Tragic last tweet of high school teen who shot herself over her ex GF

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by Chosen One

These kids today are emotionally soft!!
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Really brah?

Yup I had my share of heartbreak like all of us here. When I broke up with my last GF years ago, was i depressed? Hell yeah! What made me get over it is keep myself occupied, know that better will come to me and most impotantly LIVE! She obviously didn't realize her best years are yet to come and took the cowardly way out. She went out like a punk. I have no sympathy for that +%## once or ever.

laugh.gif
 I doubt her tombstone will read "the girl who did not get sympathy from Son OfTony"

There could have been other reasons, she didnt say, "Im going to kill myself cause me and my GF broke up"

I don't know, it's funny how so many are quick to judge others, blame it on kids these days and the internet. Times change and I'm sure our elders thought we've been soft, spoiled, lacked the same work ethic that they had, etc etc.

You really never know what someone else is going through and what may be simple enough to you could very well be the biggest weight on them. I don't think suicide is okay but I also can't put myself in the head of someone who can do something like that and I've dealt and I'm dealing with some serious $%@* in my life.

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Really brah?

Yup I had my share of heartbreak like all of us here. When I broke up with my last GF years ago, was i depressed? Hell yeah! What made me get over it is keep myself occupied, know that better will come to me and most impotantly LIVE! She obviously didn't realize her best years are yet to come and took the cowardly way out. She went out like a punk. I have no sympathy for that +%## once or ever.

lol @ you calling her cowardly, I bet you don't have the guts to kill yourself

Suicide in many cultures is actually associated with "bravery", not telling people to go around killing themselves but the idea that suicide is "cowardly" is flawed in many instances---eg Harakiri---it isn't easy to kill yourself, so for someone to do that they must be subjectively experiencing unimaginable pain that from your perspective may look miniscule but you're not them so you're in no position to judge

Unfortunately this is something I'm afraid we might start to see more and more of.

Normally cries for help are made to the public. A public that is actually there and tangible, and capable of feeling empathy. And a cry for help could be anything like a illegitimate suicide attempt or acting out in school. But if real cries for help are being replaced with suicidal tweets to an indifferent internet community, it could mean an increase in suicide rates.

not gonna lie...

i didn't feel like suicide was a selfish act until i read it on NT and it got me thinking that way

although i would never have the though of committing that, i wonder if theres ever any excuse to kill your self

i.e. trapped some where, near death experience or inevitable death... hmmmmm

a'well RIP to shorty tho
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

not gonna lie...

i didn't feel like suicide was a selfish act until i read it on NT and it got me thinking that way

although i would never have the though of committing that, i wonder if theres ever any excuse to kill your self

i.e. trapped some where, near death experience or inevitable death... hmmmmm

a'well RIP to shorty tho
ohwell.gif
For some emotional pain is just as bad a physical pain and in some cases worse, that's why some people cut themselves to drown out emotional torment---I'm talking about "real cutters" not people who cut for attention

Unless you're in somebody's shoes you really don't know what's going on in their head, I can never fathom the thought of killing myself because somebody dumped me, but that's because of my personality and the fact that I'm more or less psychologically stable

You're calling someone selfish because they wouldn't bear pain for your benefit? That's hypocrisy if you ask me

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Really brah?

Damn you feel pretty strongly.  I take it you knew the deceased pretty well?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Weekz

This online media networks is destroying our youth, I'm convinced kids shouldn't be allowed on these social networks.

How are online media and social networks destroying our youth?  You can't put the websites at fault for allowing this girl to speak her mind.  The issue isn't with the websites, that is just skirting around the issue.  The issue is her mental state and the fact that no one in her real life either didn't notice or didn't care enough to do anything.  Then there is the issue of how she even obtained the gun (although there are millions of other ways for a person to kill themselves).  Don't attack my first amendment rights as a youth  to speak freely wherever and whenever because one girl killed herself.  

While the main isssue is in fact her mental state, it's obvious something is wrong in your head for you to take your own life, these media networks have become THE LIFE of today's youth, maybe the people in her life would have listened but she felt more connected to her online family and the fact that her cries for help were ignored was what put her over...maybe, who knows...this is the second suicide this week I've read of, the first one was this past tuesday, 14 year old came in through our Emergency Room after she hung herself, we tried to bring her back but she was far gone, she did it allegedly because of online bullying ONLINE!!!!!!!!....mother and father both nurses, older and younger brother, complete family...they had no idea of their daughters mental state....seriously, this has got to stop..Something has to edine to filter the use of these social mediums by such young kids.

The sad truth.

Well we live in an emotionless society for the most part...just read some of the comments on the very first page.
30t6p3b.gif
But whenever stories like this break out, then it opens up the floodgates for conversation until the topic of conversation becomes stale and people forget about it...

I agree with what supermanblue79 wrote on the top of page 2 about how "too many parents these days put a laptop, cable TV, and a playstation in their kids room and
let them spend their lives in their own room instead of sitting down with their children and building a relationship"
....this girl obviously was emotionally troubled and it's always easy for hypcocrites to point the finger and blame the individual, but this is a 17 year old girl we're talking about.....someone who I am sure never got a foot out in the real world yet to experience the many challenges and difficulties in life....
30t6p3b.gif

Just a very sad story to read...and there have been others before and surely after this incident. R.I.P. to the beautiful young lady on the first page...wish people would have a bit more compassion, understanding, and presence in people's lives before situations like this even have to take place.
tired.gif

RIP. some of ya are harsh saying no compassion for taking her own life. nobody talking like that in don cornelius thread. depression aint no joke

Originally Posted by CWrite78

It's only harder to imagine because you were able to see it. Don't down play what she might have gone through simply because you don't understand it.

My brother wants to work ER, I keep telling him it's no joke what some of you dudes deal with.

I'm really not downplaying it though....a little girl lost her life at the end of the day, really no way to downplay that...one thing is for sure, she eded her suffering and destroyed the life of her mother an father who lost their only daughter and not to mention her older brother who was the one that found her hanging by a scarf in their bathroom...little mans life will never be the same and all I keep thinking is that I hope he has the strength to deal with the situation better than his sister did, because he might just follow the same route.
And if he does, that's HIS decision. It was HER life, nobody knows what SHE was going through better than HER. You keep bringing up her entire family, but were they able to experience FIRST HAND the INNER TURMOIL she was going through? Anyone can empathize with a person that is going through some issues, but since you can't actually FEEL IT, you can't tell her how she CAN or CAN'T deal with HER issues. It's HER life, and she's the only one who has to live it.

eek.gif
 !!!!! this is in HOUSTON??? holy %%*%, we played bellaire in football,
damn, my condolences.

I don't feel bad for this chick at all. She showed how selfish she was ny killing herself. She could have very easily gotten the help she needed. I feel so bad fir this chicks family. I just did my thesis for my PhD on the effects of online social media on teens. More times then none, teens develop more psychological issues due to these social web sites. So I agree 100%with those who say teens shouldnt be allowed to use them

Honestly, I feel that nobody knows how they'll react until theyre in the position. Calling suicide cowardly is foolish enough as well. Ppl go through things and can't deal. Not to mention, what do they do when their cries for help go unanswered? Some kids get tormented in school, teachers do nothin, admin does nothing, family doesn't believe them. So they go through life being tormented w/ nobody in their corner. They take their life, they're cowardly. They shoot the kids who torment them, they're cowardly. When aren't they cowardly?

It's said this child lost her life. As a parent, I know when something is upsetting my child, so how is it that this girl's parents couldn't tell something was eating at this girl's craw.
30t6p3b.gif

Some of you guys are so ignorant it baffles me, but at the same time reminds me where I'm at (internet).

I WISH, you could feel what I and millions of others around the world have felt and we'll see just how strong you are.

I have been on the edge before and it really took EVERYTHING I had to keep myself from doing it.

You people keep mentioning "the easy way out" when you have zero understanding of just how easy depression makes suicide seem.

Crazy thing is I got through by myself, which is what most can't handle.

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Some of you guys are so ignorant it baffles me, but at the same time reminds me where I'm at (internet).

I WISH, you could feel what I and millions of others around the world have felt and we'll see just how strong you are.

I have been on the edge before and it really took EVERYTHING I had to keep myself from doing it.

You people keep mentioning "the easy way out" when you have zero understanding of just how easy depression makes suicide seem.

Nevermind...didn't work

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

laugh.gif
 Your response to his sincere post is exactly why my kids wont know what the internet is.

We all have known people who have fought to live or struggled to survive. Their are people who would kill for the chance to have "relationship issues" or be able to type out their emotional pain on an iPhone. Life to this girl "wasn't worth living", but to billions of people around the world just living is worth fighting for. Because of that I feel no sympathy for this girl or anybody else who takes their own life. Their is someone out there who will gladly take your spot in the world.

Originally Posted by 951guero

No pitty for those that take their own lives smh
In general, it appears that NT has a very low level of intelligence. Just out of curiosity, do you have little compassion for those that die of cancer?

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I'm not sure if you want a or a  
laugh.gif
 Your response to his sincere post is exactly why my kids wont know what the internet is.
It was sarcasm lol I guess the hidden font thing didn't work 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I'm not sure if you want a or a  
laugh.gif
It was sarcasm lol I guess the hidden font thing didn't work 
grin.gif
I want ... to promote empathy
smile.gif

These dudes seem to only understand sympathy, which they have none of as well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not having pity for suicide "victims"... they achieved what they set out to do... I just don't think there's a need to sit there and let everyone know you feel that way, just give out your RIP and keep on truckin...

I just don't support suicide and the people that commit it. Its never that %@+%%%% bad. But if a person doesn't want to be here they are welcome to leave it. You can't make people love themselves.

Back
Top Bottom