I have decided that I am done with Jordans. None Nada.

I have love Jordan's since I was a kid, I am now 28yrs old. My parents would not buy them for me because of the price. We never lived pay check to paycheck or had a cash flow problem. My dad was the sole bread winer and he was very smart with the money. Once I started to make my own money I ran out andbought Jordans. As a kid they were cool and didn't not make you look bad at school. Now that I am older i understand why some people get out of the Jordan.my reason is simple. I work hard for my money. Jordans are sitting on the shelves now. Yeah a hot release may sell out but its all hype not. Jordans dont evenhold there retail value any more. The quality is sub-par. I can keep a pair of kicks a while but the kicks are not lasting and its clearly manufacturing.Lastly, but not least Micheal Jordan has been know to be a a%$hole. I no longer will support a guy that treats his fans as if they are not the cause of hissuccess.

Update: My intial reason for this thread was mainly my disgust with the quality of my kicks. I have a pair of retroed Black 10's. I wear my kicks onlycasual nothing else. I put these on one day and the sole falls right off. These arent the only pair that are still in excellent shape and fallen apart. My dadtried to clown and I tried to come back with "nothing lasts forever". Then he calls me to his closet to show me his Ballys for when was my age. Hestill wear them after 20+ years. Lets not talk about his Gucci, Prada, Versace and a bunch of other stuff he has had for years.

while i feel you on a couple of points, someone will more then happily take your place...

Its quite sad that MJ has turned to this. Im sure n hopeful that before the fame n money he was better...just so we know that before being corrupted he was anice guy. as for the quality, I'd say theyre subpar to what they were before, but still pretty on par with other brands. ie adidas basketball shoes, orperhaps better still

I have got to admit, I made the same decision within the last month...sold off 60-70 pairs and have no Jordans left, just Nike retros/bball etc. I'll comeback when the quality comes back. OP you seem to have more issues with JB than just quality though. You shouldn't be so concerned with pairs sitting onshelves or retaining value if you're buying a pair of sneakers you love.

Honestly, I haven't bought a pair of Jordans since the XXI's. The only reason I'm getting the Space Jams is because I've never owned them. The only thing I get made by Jordan Brand now are the Team shoes to ball in & a shirt & shorts to match. Otherwise it's been & will continue tobe all Nike for me.

Welcome to the Club. I have only purchased OLDER models via forums and eBay for a whileeeeeee. Nowadays, I prefer SHOES over SNEAKERS. I probably will neverown a NEW model from JB.

OP what you said is basically what I have written several times throughout the JB forum for the last year.

I just need my 03 bred Xii's and Im done with jordan FOREVER.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

OP you seem to have more issues with JB than just quality though. You shouldn't be so concerned with pairs sitting on shelves or retaining value if you're buying a pair of sneakers you love.
This

If you like a shoe why does it matter if its still sitting on the shelves? It would actually be better so they might have a price drop on them."Fans" as you said aren't the reason of MJs success, he is. He put that work in to be where he is today, yea they made him rich by being suckeredinto buying every release and gimmick but that's the consumers fault.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

OP you seem to have more issues with JB than just quality though. You shouldn't be so concerned with pairs sitting on shelves or retaining value if you're buying a pair of sneakers you love.
This

If you like a shoe why does it matter if its still sitting on the shelves? It would actually be better so they might have a price drop on them. "Fans" as you said aren't the reason of MJs success, he is. He put that work in to be where he is today, yea they made him rich by being suckered into buying every release and gimmick but that's the consumers fault.

I think he was referring to the brand's success, not the person himself. There's no question about his ability as an athlete. However, when it comesto marketing consumer products, it's his fault for putting out crap and moreso the consumer's fault for buying into it.

^yea your right but like you said It's more the consumers part for keeping Nike/JB going. Even with the trash they put out, they still sell. Everyone has apart in it.

Now that I am older I like the I's. So for right now JB has been decent with me with the (Jordan I Quai's, Blk/Grey I's and the Blk/Green 60+ phatI's). Also the I's last twice as long as any other Jordans it always has and always will last than any other Jordan sneakers. Basically what I amtrying to say if you are looking for quality maybe you should consider getting yourself a pair of I's.

funny... i though i was the only one that felt that way... i'm the same age and though my love for kicks has begun to decline i still feel some of them..however your points on jordan brand are mad valid... the 11's which is the only shoe i havent owned in my lifetime that come out on xmas will probably bethe last JB shoe i purchas

getting old is a mofo! lol

Here we go again. As far as Jordans not holding their retail value, I don't know if many of you remember, but many of the the older Air Jordans didn'tsell out everywhere. I didn't get into them into the mid 90s, but I can remember seeing OG Xs and XIs on the shelves and at the outlet.

I can see how you feel about the quality. Quite a few models do have poorer quality, but some aren't so bad. The IIIs seems to be pretty good, and I haveno complaints about the XIV retros compared to my OGs. XIIIs were good, too.

As for MJ, if you had that many fans hounding you for autographs and questions for 23+ years, you'd get tired of it, too. You can only be nice for so long,before it gets to you.

I admit, I have been selling off many of my extras, but I'll never be completely done with Air Jordans. I'll be copping the Space Jams, most of the VIRetros. I don't care about hype or "unhype", if I see it, like it, and want it, I'll cop it.

I feel you man...I went from buyin 8-10 pairs a year to now I think in the last two years I've copped maybe 3 pairs.....Jordans just aren't what theyused to be unforunately

i mean i just cop wen i really really like tha shoe. unlike before i would just cop everythin not worth it. becuse no matter what theres gonna be some shoes ucant pass on plus wen i have a little extra in my pockets.

like RL said, if you buy only what you like you'll feel better about it. trust me. the last jb sneak i bought at the store for retail was either the 22s orthe last wave of retros like cg3s or fr3s. i forget. other than that i've been getting stuff online. lately its been just air maxes and dunks. i did notget tb3s that recently came out, nor the 1s and other stuff that came out. im not gettign the spacejams cuz i dont like em. plain and simple.

i'm feelin OP on this one. i know i'd prolly cave in and cop certain releases (chi Xs, bordeaux 7s, powder 9s, charity 6s
nerd.gif
), but i've sold ofmany of my jays as well. last pair of jordans i bought to keep was a cdp from last year

The retro era at it's finest was from 1999-2004.

I've been slowly acquiring pairs from those periods. I have yet to make a purchase in of any of the '09 releases, but will for the Spacejams.

You best believe that the older retros do hold their value.

Im on my way out too. Even these space jams, which are my all time fav aren't enough to keep me interested especially for what I'm getting for 175+tax.There are only a few more shoes I want to actually wear before I'm done and thats the Premier XX3's and some cement IV's then I'm out.

i feel you op im also your same age [27] and i just started collecting j's again last year, after growing up on (nike air jordans) starting with the marron6 , but after the 6's drop in early 2010 my collection will be compleated and im DONE FOR GOOD!
eyes.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I have love Jordan's since I was a kid, I am now 28yrs old. My parents would not buy them for me because of the price. We never lived pay check to pay check or had a cash flow problem. My dad was the sole bread winer and he was very smart with the money. Once I started to make my own money I ran out and bought Jordans. As a kid they were cool and didn't not make you look bad at school. Now that I am older i understand why some people get out of the Jordan. my reason is simple. I work hard for my money. Jordans are sitting on the shelves now. Yeah a hot release may sell out but its all hype not. Jordans dont even hold there retail value any more. The quality is sub-par. I can keep a pair of kicks a while but the kicks are not lasting and its clearly manufacturing. Lastly, but not least Micheal Jordan has been know to be a a%$hole. I no longer will support a guy that treats his fans as if they are not the cause of his success.

Yeah, i understand where you are coming from... on a side note, you are 28 and your grammar is horrible... just saying

Back
Top Bottom