I JUST BLEW MY FRIEND'S MIND VOL. GOD

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

I really don't believe in anything. I can only hope theirs something up their.

If God really created everything than science is irrelevant and a lie? what about the big bang theory, evolution, dinosaurs, and everything in the past when their wasn't any humans?
its there damnit
smh.gif
thank you

God, or no God, I think we can all agree that monotheism and its various institutions have done a lot more harm than good in this world.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by GucciMane

like i said before, try going to church.
Why? People in Church aren't going to have anymore answers than anyone else. You can just as easily "checkmate" them and their whole faith with a few unanswerable questions.
BINGO!!!!!
grin.gif
You don't expect them to be able to answer your questions. So lets stop this. To assume that you would be able checkmate their whole faith with questions they can't answer and you know they can't answer is very presumptuous of you. To rock their faith? Really? Off of some questions?
laugh.gif
By checkmate I meant more of getting them to a point where they have to finally admit, "I don't know," or,"well, because I just do."

Both HueyP and Anton are right but they're arguing different things.

God can be an all encompassing term. Nature can be god. Satan can be god. Bhudda can be god. "The eight dynamic" of Scientology  can be god. Karma can be god. In essence god can be whatever each individual makes it out to be.

On the other hand, Anton is mainly talking about the God of the 3 monotheistic religions. At the end of the day, he's right. The dogmatic god of the 3 monotheistic religions is pretty hard to believe in with any rational questioning.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Both HueyP and Anton are right but they're arguing different things.

God can be an all encompassing term. Nature can be god. Satan can be god. Bhudda can be god. "The eight dynamic" of Scientology  can be god. Karma can be god. In essence god can be whatever each individual makes it out to be.

On the other hand, Anton is mainly talking about the God of the 3 monotheistic religions. At the end of the day, he's right. The dogmatic god of the 3 monotheistic religions is pretty hard to believe in with any rational questioning.
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I'll have all the answer (OR NOT) when I'm dead.
So why are you so adamant about dissuading other from their particular belief systems, when you yourself are lost?
This is all I'm saying.

My-T.

What question are you referring to Anton?
Let's start with this one

Is it possible for any living being to know for a fact that God exists?
Sure.

If you believe that God exists, then God exists.

God is the pinnacle of a system of belief. So if you believe, then it is so.

Any argument otherwise is simply a dog chasing its tail.

You may be able to question the existence of a particular interpretation of God but by the very definition of the word God, you can never disprove its existence.

It just so happens that science is your God.

Your reality is based on the faith that what is determined by modern Western science is the truthful interpretation and explanation of existence.
preach.jpg

This arguing really is pointless. As a Christian, you can't talk faith and religion into a place where materialism and women are the most sought after. I commend those sticking up for our faith, but remember it is best to be humble. The fact you defend your God is good enough. But at the end of the day, you can't change an unwilling mind this way.

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

This arguing really is pointless. As a Christian, you can't talk faith and religion into a place where materialism and women are the most sought after. I commend those sticking up for our faith, but remember it is best to be humble. The fact you defend your God is good enough. But at the end of the day, you can't change an unwilling mind this way.
bingo! Im a Christian and i dont care what faith or religion you believe as long as it gives you your peace im cool with it 

I rather live a live a life believing there is God and die to find nothing other than to not believe and find there is a God

cor23ey wrote:
awwsome wrote:
Sighfur wrote:
Science can't explain everything..

We all feel a certain higher power in us at some points/moments in our life. Its what made Mike score 38 with the flu against the Jazz in 97. Its what gave Dr. King the courage to speak his mind for his people. Its a mothers unconditional dedication to her children, its the will, fight and desire in all of us.

You may not believe in Religion, or science for that matter. But we all know Miracles exist, unexplained events, unanswered questions.

Faith = a form of discipline.

Regardless of what you believe in, or not believe in, you still have faith in your theories, ideas and feelings. Cause' its conceived by you, a free spirit who has a SOUL...

This my friends is the GOD in all of us.
23hk4k3.gif

Faith is being certain you can do more. Certainty brings action. Action brings those beliefs to reality.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We would evolve as people and have a divine unification if all would encompass this idea. I agree with alot of what many said as far as people reasoning in believing in god. My only opposing argument is people who believe in the teachings of the bible etc... Considering the clear hypocrisy's and constant contradiction, and unrealistic moral expectations.

You may be able to question the existence of a particular interpretation of God but by the very definition of the word God, you can never disprove its existence.
We actually agree on something. This is one reason why by definition, every human being on earth (IMO) is Ignostic.
Your reality is based on the faith that what is determined by modern Western science a 2000 year old book that's been heavily revised for the betterment of certain people, is the truthful interpretation and explanation of existence.
*fixed
God is the only constant.
How so? God is a relatively new concept invented by man, only a few thousand years ago.
Its only through faith in the unproven, that human progress takes place.
WOW! something else we agree on; however, faith won't be what allows us to discover how the Universe was created, if there's a god, etc.
Practical science is the only way that real "human progress" will be made.

Kinda off topic but--one of the gripes I have with organized religion is, why do so many pastors/preachers drive either a Cadillac, Mercedes, Lexus or BMW?
Aren't  pride and greed two of the 7 deadly sins?
eyes.gif
What someone does with their money is their own business, but it just seems like people who preach "the gospel" are some of the
biggest scam artists in the world.
At the end of the day we are all reaching for the same things and explaining the same answers in different language.
QFT. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Originally Posted by Cubinican

I rather live a live a life believing there is God and die to find nothing other than to not believe and find there is a God

qfmft

its like "why risk it?"

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

I'll have all the answer (OR NOT) when I'm dead.
So why are you so adamant about dissuading other from their particular belief systems, when you yourself are lost?
This is all I'm saying.

My-T.

Don't worry--this question will never be directly answered.  Its just kind of what dude does.

The point that has been made about dude putting faith in science is dead on though.  Everyone has "faith" in something--I just think that hearing that word automatically triggers thoughts of Christianity and God.  Everyone believes in something, and if they're cool with it then I am, too.  I'll never understand going out of your way to spark debate about stuff that doesn't matter to you.  Like if you don't believe in a God, why devote so much time to the discussion of God?

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

qfmft

its like "why risk it?"
So you believe in God out of fear? If there exist nothing in the afterlife, then there is nothing to be afraid of.

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

qfmft

its like "why risk it?"
So you believe in God out of fear? If there exist nothing in the afterlife, then there is nothing to be afraid of.
what we fear is the possibility of "staying" the rest of eternity in Hell...

just a thought

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I applaud you 100% sir.

This is the kind of religious person I respect wholeheartedly. Atheist, polytheist, or monotheist... If you're spending YOUR time pushing your thoughts and opinions on other people you're garbage to me.

Let people live. Faith is faith, it's not changing.

Agnostic theist, bordering on pragmatic agnostic here...

qfmft

its like "why risk it?"
what we fear is the possibility of "staying" the rest of eternity in Hell...

just a thought
You can't outsmart God.
laugh.gif
He's all knowing, correct? He knows you're playing the just in case game.

Originally Posted by awwsome

God is the only constant.
How so? God is a relatively new concept invented by man, only a few thousand years ago.
Seriously?

Yup.
happy.gif
Unless you seriously believe that plants and animals conceptualized God before humans existed.

How do you know they don't believe in a higher power/creator as humans have since the beginning, not just a few thousand years ago?  God isn't a new concept, the representation of God as we know it today may be.

One day people who don't believe in God will be perfectly fine with people who do and their faith. Honestly my man, as a fellow non-believer why is it hard to understand other peoples' faith? Non-believers and believers alike just need to worry about how we all should respect each others' beliefs and have a peaceful world, not trying to outdo each other in an argument where there is no proof or correct answer...

Back
Top Bottom