I JUST BLEW MY FRIEND'S MIND VOL. GOD

The Idea of Evil resides in humanity'scollective unconscious. It responds to humanity's need for a reason forsuffering, manipulating human affairs and controlling humanity'sdestiny. It is a common consciousness that transcends individuality,acting as the ego of the world. It refers to itself as "the ideal godof this world."  The Idea's structure appears to be that of a heart, drawing thoughts and feelings in and out like blood. The Idea of Evil lies deep in the Abyss, weaving its web of causalityto float up to the surface of the Physical world. The Idea's influenceis mostly indirect and accomplished through the use of agents.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by Cubinican

I rather live a live a life believing there is God and die to find nothing other than to not believe and find there is a God

qfmft

its like "why risk it?"
So you believe in God out of fear? If there exist nothing in the afterlife, then there is nothing to be afraid of.
what we fear is the possibility of "staying" the rest of eternity in Hell...

just a thought
You can't outsmart God.
laugh.gif
He's all knowing, correct? He knows you're playing the just in case game.

you can't fake believing though its just another plus i guess you could say.....its like if there isnt oh well....but if there is there will be alot of people asking for forgiveness and things of the like at the last minute

Originally Posted by Homer

Originally Posted by awwsome

God is the only constant.
How so? God is a relatively new concept invented by man, only a few thousand years ago.
Seriously?

Yup.
happy.gif
Unless you seriously believe that plants and animals conceptualized God before humans existed.
How do you know they don't believe in a higher power/creator as humans have since the beginning, not just a few thousand years ago?  God isn't a new concept, the representation of God as we know it today may be.

Thank you, dudes is so out of touch.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Both religion and science make no sense at times yet the people who belong to each respective group will continue to back them faithfully.

Nothing wrong with that. do you.

How so? God is a relatively new concept invented by man, only a few thousand years ago.
Seriously?

Yup.
happy.gif
Unless you seriously believe that plants and animals conceptualized God before humans existed.
How do you know they don't believe in a higher power/creator as humans have since the beginning, not just a few thousand years ago?  God isn't a new concept, the representation of God as we know it today may be.

While I have no concrete evidence that supports or denies whether plants and animals know about where they came from, you'd have to be a fool to believe they possess critical
thinking skills to imagine a God.

Let's just be honest here and "conceptualize" God for what he, she, or it truly is--A Divine mental Jailer. This is what the representation of God as we know it today IS.

Seriously?

Yup.
happy.gif

While I have no concrete evidence that supports or denies whether plants and animals know about where they came from, you'd have to be a fool to believe they possess critical
thinking skills to imagine a God.

Let's just be honest here and "conceptualize" God for what he, she, or it truly is--A Divine mental Jailer. This is what the representation of God as we know it today IS.
The funny thing is, you could be right.

We like to think God is a nice entity that we'll serve for eternity in paradise or we can chill with the devil in his burning crib.

In reality, it could be that there's only one place everyone goes after death and it could be much worse than the worst areas on this planet. The fact that we DONT know anything and assume the afterlife could be nice keeps us from fearing that nothingness or worse than nothingness will be our next destination.

You'd have to be a fool to speak so surely about what an animal is thinking.

I tell people on here that I saw a UFO they call ducktales... I tell people on here that I think Bush set up 9/11 they call me foolish

But if an old book tells these people that there is a big supernatural being somewhere in the sky that created everyone, knows what everyone is thinking and basically controls the universe but you will never see him or actually hear him... they will believe me.... crazy

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'll have all the answer (OR NOT) when I'm dead.
So why are you so adamant about dissuading other from their particular belief systems, when you yourself are lost?
Atheism is a religion itself.  
If they really think religion is so dumb then why do they spend so much time talking about it and trying to "convert" people to their belief system? 

It would seem to me that if a person is of superior reasoning and has come to the conclusion that there is no GOD, they wouldn't waste their breath on people who aren't "smart" enough to realize it themselves.

The opposite is true for me.  If someone is too dumb to know that there is a force in this Universe more intelligent and powerful than they can begin to fathom, then I won't waste my breath on the topic. 

Originally Posted by philly5fan

I tell people on here that I saw a UFO they call ducktales... I tell people on here that I think Bush set up 9/11 they call me foolish

But if an old book tells these people that there is a big supernatural being somewhere in the sky that created everyone, knows what everyone is thinking and basically controls the universe but you will never see him or actually hear him... they will believe me.... crazy

good point

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Agreed.

If they really think religion is so dumb then why do they spend so much time talking about it and trying to "convert" people to their belief system?

I know right! why do those damn Atheists knock on my door at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning trying to "convert" me to their belief system? *sarcasm*
It would seem to me that if a person is of superior reasoning and has come to the conclusion that there is no GOD, they wouldn't waste their breath on people who aren't "smart" enough to realize it themselves.

The opposite is true for me. If someone is too dumb to know that there is a force in this Universe more intelligent and powerful than they can begin to fathom, then I won't waste my breath on the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/v/2Yapb0T3s3I?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/2Yapb0T3s3I?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/2Yapb0T3s3I?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/2Yapb0T3s3I?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata  

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

bro. he gave us free will. he gave the entire planet free will. he's letting things do as they do and is hoping man will turn around for the best.

if we, and this world didnt have freedom on ALL levels, we would become emotionless robots.
he made us simply and we became complex. he's just sittin back watching everything. cause our interpretation of time is on a much MUCH MUCH smaller scale than his.

think of a ant. for us to walk 1 mile may us take an hour. it might take the ant a day.
we are on a scale that the ant cannot comprehend.
you get it.

he steps in where he see's fit as to not %%!$ up the whole flow of things, but he cannot touch on everything or else he would be giving us no freedom at all.

The free will argument is the one I truly can't stand. Letting things do as they do? Isn't this the same god who flooded the Earth and mass-murdered the planet's population when he didn't like the way things were going (save for the ONE guy who had faith and his family... Oh, and two of EVERY animal)? The same god who put a tree of knowledge of good and evil in front of ignorant people and then got mad when they "sinned?" How in the hell is it a sin to LEARN the difference between good and evil? Talk about a trap game. The same god who knows everything yet did seem to know that one of his angels  would turn against him and become his arch-nemisis? The same "all-powerful" god who can't seem to defeat this arch nemisis?

If god really just wanted things to just go as they are then he wouldn't have created anything. According to the bible, god is just some lonely cosmic being who suddenly decided that he wanted to bring people into existence for the purposes of worshipping, praising, and thanking him. Like he just got bored one day and decided he was lonely and wanted some entertainment and friends.

The bible doesn't make much sense when taken literally. This is the type of thinking I cannot understand. Belief in god/God/gods is understandable. No one knows how we got here, so it makes sense to wonder. But to tout the bible around as if it's some fact-filled reference book for all of life's problems in inexcusable.

I also can't get into this "interpretation of time" nonsense. If there is one constant in this universe, it's time. It doesn't stop and cannot be controlled, even by god. According to the bible, it took an all-powerful being 6 days to create the universe, and then he was so worn out, he needed to rest. What in the hell is he resting from?
laugh.gif
 He spoke things into existence. I guess that's why he doesn't talk to us now. He must still have a sore throat or something.

Long story short: Whether or not you believe in god is one thing. Acting like you have all of the answers is another. The bible proves god's existence just as much as "Amazing Spiderman" proves Peter Parker's existence.

The thing that always troubled me with religion is their anthropomorphizing of God. The only reason why conceptions of God are confusing or conflicting is because humans have given God so many human attributes. Whether or not your believe in religion or science, there is still a "singularity" (the big bang or God). Arguing about who made God or what existed before the big bang is stupid because we have no understanding of eternity. Whether you believe that God intelligently designed everything or that organisms have evolved from happenstance of elements coming together in perfect conditions, it is a leap of faith.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'll have all the answer (OR NOT) when I'm dead.
So why are you so adamant about dissuading other from their particular belief systems, when you yourself are lost?

It would seem to me that if a person is of superior reasoning and has come to the conclusion that there is no GOD, they wouldn't waste their breath on people who aren't "smart" enough to realize it themselves.

The opposite is true for me.  If someone is too dumb to know that there is a force in this Universe more intelligent and powerful than they can begin to fathom, then I won't waste my breath on the topic. 
But if thats the case......if people that KNOW/believe (whichever) there is a god always go around trying to get people to convert to their beliefs.......arent they in the same boat??? Why do they waste their breath on people who arent "smart" enough to realize it themselves??????

What i dont understand is why people care if other people think there is a god and if there isnt a god.  If im going to hell, then so be it........but why are you worried about where i go when i die......I dont even know you like that, and you wanna see me after im dead in the same place as you???.......THATS BORDERLINE STALKING
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But seriously............tho.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

bro. he gave us free will. he gave the entire planet free will. he's letting things do as they do and is hoping man will turn around for the best.

if we, and this world didnt have freedom on ALL levels, we would become emotionless robots.
he made us simply and we became complex. he's just sittin back watching everything. cause our interpretation of time is on a much MUCH MUCH smaller scale than his.

think of a ant. for us to walk 1 mile may us take an hour. it might take the ant a day.
you get it.

he steps in where he see's fit as to not %%!$ up the whole flow of things, but he cannot touch on everything or else he would be giving us no freedom at all.

The free will argument is the one I truly can't stand. Letting things do as they do? Isn't this the same god who flooded the Earth and mass-murdered the planet's population when he didn't like the way things were going (save for the ONE guy who had faith and his family... Oh, and two of EVERY animal)? The same god who put a tree of knowledge of good and evil in front of ignorant people and then got mad when they "sinned?" How in the hell is it a sin to LEARN the difference between good and evil? Talk about a trap game. The same god who knows everything yet did seem to know that one of his angels  would turn against him and become his arch-nemisis? The same "all-powerful" god who can't seem to defeat this arch nemisis?

If god really just wanted things to just go as they are then he wouldn't have created anything. According to the bible, god is just some lonely cosmic being who suddenly decided that he wanted to bring people into existence for the purposes of worshipping, praising, and thanking him. Like he just got bored one day and decided he was lonely and wanted some entertainment and friends.

The bible doesn't make much sense when taken literally. This is the type of thinking I cannot understand. Belief in god/God/gods is understandable. No one knows how we got here, so it makes sense to wonder. But to tout the bible around as if it's some fact-filled reference book for all of life's problems in inexcusable.

I also can't get into this "interpretation of time" nonsense. If there is one constant in this universe, it's time. It doesn't stop and cannot be controlled, even by god. According to the bible, it took an all-powerful being 6 days to create the universe, and then he was so worn out, he needed to rest. What in the hell is he resting from?
laugh.gif
 He spoke things into existence. I guess that's why he doesn't talk to us now. He must still have a sore throat or something.

Long story short: Whether or not you believe in god is one thing. Acting like you have all of the answers is another. The bible proves god's existence just as much as "Amazing Spiderman" proves Peter Parker's existence.
THIS..........

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

you get it.

laugh.gif

Those are some great points you brought up. I can't speak for my Christian NTers but I can speak from the Islamic point of view.

This worldly life is just a test before the final destination at an unknown time known only to Allah. As such, Allah gives us the tools and enough free will to face the test and pass it or fail it. Now notice I said "enough" free will rather than complete free will which I think is the case in Christian theology. Allah is all-knowing, all-wise and one of his names in the Islamic tradition is "The Provider" meaning that he provides his slaves (human beings) with sustenance as he sees fit. Allah appoints every human being with health, wealth, family, etc as He sees fit meaning that no one can earn more than Allah has appointed for them or any less. As you can see, this is clearly not complete free will then. Why does Allah intervene in these things then and still expect us to pass the test of life? The answer is simple: these things are what we are tested with. Some men are poor to test their patience and their reliance on Allah while they also serve as the test for those with money to see if they will help the less fortunate. Some men are rich to see if they begin hoarding their wealth and spending it unnecessarily or spending to help the less fortunate and in the way of Allah. Now with this being said, it moves on to my next point which is called "sunnatullah" in Arabic which means "the way of Allah".

Sunnatullah refers to the nature in which Allah does things. He does things in a constant way. In the physical world, this is called the laws of nature. One hydrogen and 2 oxygen, for example, will always be water, gold will always melt at the same temperature, etc. This is also the case in how Allah deals with people when his messengers and prophets are sent. In the Qur'an, Allah says that He has sent a prophet to every nation on earth (starting with Adam and ending with Muhammad). Prophetic traditions from the Prophet Muhammad record this number to be in the hundred thousands but we don't know for sure. Anyways, Allah sends these prophets to people (as in the case with Noah as you used in your example), the people could have either rejected that prophet or accepted him, and then Allah destroys the people who rejected as a sign for later generations. In the case with Noah (Nuh in Arabic), the Qur'an states that his people were destroyed but there is nothing in it about the whole Earth being destroyed and modern science proves that a flood destroying the whole world is just not feasible. This falls just in line with the way of Allah as only the people of Noah were destroyed.

Your next point about Allah and Satan is an issue for Christian theology but Islam answers this clearly through the Qur'an. First, I want to stress that Allah is almighty and there is nothing in comparison to His power and He shares His dominion with nobody (no sons, daughters, grandparents, etc). With this said, Satan (Shaitan in Arabic) was not an angel but from a creation called Jinn which are made of smokeless fire. Shaitan was the leaders of the angels in heaven and the most faithful worshipper of Allah until Allah announced to the angels and Shaitan that He created His best creation - Adam. Allah commanded the angels and Shaitan to bow themselves in front of Adam to show them that Adam is superior to them. All the angels bowed but Shaitan refused because he was upset that a physically and mentally weak creation took his place as the favorite of Allah. Allah is all-knowing so He knew this was going to happen, it was no surprise. In Islam, we call this the first act of racism. Allah tells Shaitan to enter hell but Shaitan begs Allah to allow him to stay alive long enough to lead the children of his enemy (Adam) astray. Allah allows Shaitan to live until the day of judgment in order for him to be a test for humanity. Shaitan is in no way an arch nemesis of Allah. As a matter of fact, the Prophet (pbuh) told us that as Shaitan tempts humanity into sin and as they are about to perform that sin, Shaitan runs away from them saying "Allah, separate me from what they do because I know what they do not and I fear Allah." Clearly, this is no arch enemy of God.

To answer your last point about Allah creating humans just so we can worship, I'm gonna have to go back to the concept of "sunnatullah" (the way of Allah). As I said before, Allah has a way of doing things that we humans cannot even begin to understand. Allah creates creatures out of His own wisdom and mercy. He says "Be" and it's there with no burden on Him. Long, long before the creation of human beings, Allah created the universe and His angels which all worship Him continuously. The rocks, trees, mountains, Earth, Mars, etc all constantly worship Him. His angels are not given free will and they MUST obey the commands of Allah. They have no will of their own, no desires, no need to eat, drink, sleep, etc. All they do is worship Him continuously. With that being said, why is are human beings, who are so forgetful, who are so weak, who cannot possibly spend all their lives worshipping, Allah's favorite creation. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said that Allah created human beings for the sole purpose of repentance unto Him. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said that Allah loves when his slaves (human beings) sin out of error, ignorance, etc and then return to Him in repentance. Repentance, in this case, is not asking God for forgiveness knowing full well that you will sin again. It is sincerely, full heartily asking Allah for forgiveness and trying with all your strength to never return to that sin again. When the companions of the Prophet (pbuh) asked him why, he responded that this is what Allah loves and that if human beings were sinless, Allah would just create another creation that would sin and ask for forgiveness. Like I said in the beginning, all we as human beings know is that this is the nature of Allah.

Sorry for the essay and excuse my grammar mistakes, I'm fighting a cold right now and am typing this as I wait for this nyquil to kick in
laugh.gif

Basically with all these religions at the minimum only 1 can possibly be right... meaning millions of people are just believing some nonsense

What is GOD?
Like really, what is GOD?
It’s whatever you make it.
Until you understand that and grasp all that that encompasses you are living without god.
You are living without all that makes your personal experience on this earth worth while.
I dont care if your god is Baphomet, Allah, Jesus,Lucifer whatever. You have to understand your power. And IMO you have to learn why you have to use your power to make life better for others.

pimp.gif

religion makes me sad

we dont know if there's a god or not

you don't, i don't, and a book written 2000 years ago by fellow human beings proves nothing

so live your life to the fullest and enjoy it rather than limiting yourself due to meaningless rules

with that said, i love learning about eastern religions. a lot more appealing than christianity/judaism/islam.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

with that said, i love learning about eastern religions. a lot more appealing than christianity/judaism/islam.

Indeed.

i believe in god and that he was a real person. I dont think he created everything tho'....obviously he didnt

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

religion makes me sad

we dont know if there's a god or not

you don't, i don't, and a book written 2000 years ago by fellow human beings proves nothing

so live your life to the fullest and enjoy it rather than limiting yourself due to meaningless rules

Somehow believing this makes me an idiot and a troll....figures.

I love how people on this thread take it personal when an atheist/agnostic expresses their opinions....yet if someone created a God appreciation thread I wouldn't lose a day of sleep. I would offer counter-arguments if I'm bored but I would NOT take it personally. It's not that serious.

To those saying science is my religion...what the hell does that mean? If science is my religion, science is everybody's religion. Most of us here rely on science and logic when it comes to most of what we believe and what we choose not to believe. Religious folks just choose to make an exception when it comes to their own beliefs, their own beliefs are immune to logical thought. Life's greatest mysteries are still unsolved (contrary to popular belief).

To whomever said they rather play it safe than sorry and just believe in God so I can make it to heaven. WHICH GOD? This is another "wow religious folks have never thought of this" idea. This is as equally idiotic as someone not pondering who preceded God.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
— Richard Dawkins

[h1]“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.â€[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom