I see the National Business Association is still rigged

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by lawdog1

usainboltisfast wrote:

I see this thread has turned into a "my team lost, the nba is rigged" thread...
Its an annual event in the S&T forum.  Happens everytime the playoffs start and will continue until they're over, regardless of who wins.  Even if we end up with Grizzlies-Pacers finals, that gets the worst TV ratings ever, someone will still say that David Stern orchestrated the whole thing. 

It's pathetic. Almost everyone in here still watches. If you really feel that way, turn the channel or go do something else. Go get the ACB package if you need a pro ball fix... just shut up.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

usainboltisfast wrote:

I see this thread has turned into a "my team lost, the nba is rigged" thread...
Its an annual event in the S&T forum.  Happens everytime the playoffs start and will continue until they're over, regardless of who wins.  Even if we end up with Grizzlies-Pacers finals, that gets the worst TV ratings ever, someone will still say that David Stern orchestrated the whole thing. 

It's pathetic. Almost everyone in here still watches. If you really feel that way, turn the channel or go do something else. Go get the ACB package if you need a pro ball fix... just shut up.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

any of you ever stop to think that the reason guys like derrick rose get more free throws than other players, is because derrick rose attacks the basket far more than other players? just a thought

any of you ever stop to think that the reason guys like derrick rose get more free throws than other players, is because derrick rose attacks the basket far more than other players? just a thought

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I see what you're saying but its hard to tell someone who loves basketball to not watch basketball. As much as the NBA bothers these are the best players in the world and there will still be exciting plays.
What you said is the problem. The NBA is so bad that  real fans of basketball are being told to not watch it now cause its so irritating. The real fans are being pushed away from the game. 

Stern needs to die. 

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I see what you're saying but its hard to tell someone who loves basketball to not watch basketball. As much as the NBA bothers these are the best players in the world and there will still be exciting plays.
What you said is the problem. The NBA is so bad that  real fans of basketball are being told to not watch it now cause its so irritating. The real fans are being pushed away from the game. 

Stern needs to die. 

^Not all real fans believe the NBA is a conspiracy. Some, incredibly, understand the inherent flaws and difficulties in officiating NBA games and see the evidence demonstrating the near uniform lack of competence. Those same real fans would rather look at what a team didn't do right on the court. Any other way of looking at it is self-defeatist and a complete waste of one's time. If you think something is unfair, you don't have to participate in it. This isn't federal law. It's a %*%@+@% professional basketball league.

I know, this is revolutionary thinking.

^Not all real fans believe the NBA is a conspiracy. Some, incredibly, understand the inherent flaws and difficulties in officiating NBA games and see the evidence demonstrating the near uniform lack of competence. Those same real fans would rather look at what a team didn't do right on the court. Any other way of looking at it is self-defeatist and a complete waste of one's time. If you think something is unfair, you don't have to participate in it. This isn't federal law. It's a %*%@+@% professional basketball league.

exactly. i used to get salty at refs when my team would lose a 2 point game. and then i'd look at the box score and see that we missed 10 free throws. who's fault is it really?

exactly. i used to get salty at refs when my team would lose a 2 point game. and then i'd look at the box score and see that we missed 10 free throws. who's fault is it really?

laugh.gif
@ the real fans being pushed away from the game b/c the officiating sux... Nah bruh we still here haha I ref my local YMCA nut league games (highschoolers)... it aint easy bruh. Now factor n the speed of the game. mistakes r bound to be made. Good teams find ways to rise above

laugh.gif
@ the real fans being pushed away from the game b/c the officiating sux... Nah bruh we still here haha I ref my local YMCA nut league games (highschoolers)... it aint easy bruh. Now factor n the speed of the game. mistakes r bound to be made. Good teams find ways to rise above

i'd imagine how hard it is to get calls right with the speed the game is played at but you can;t deny that reputation of players and also personal feelings come into play..... refs aren;t always objective and they let emotions affect their judgement every now and then.....

i'd imagine how hard it is to get calls right with the speed the game is played at but you can;t deny that reputation of players and also personal feelings come into play..... refs aren;t always objective and they let emotions affect their judgement every now and then.....

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

laugh.gif
cosign this to the fullest. i reffed college intramurals this last season and it is not easy whatsoever. safe to say ill never be reffing again, i'll stick to playing 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

laugh.gif
cosign this to the fullest. i reffed college intramurals this last season and it is not easy whatsoever. safe to say ill never be reffing again, i'll stick to playing 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

this is also true. i've reffed games before where going into the game i know this player is an absolute #$%^& and consequently he is on a shorter leash than other players. if in a previous game i saw him committing some sort of foul consistently, im going to watch for it more in the next game to make sure he doesn't get away with it. im not out to get him, but i can't let him get away with it if it gives his team the advantage.

for me personally it was too tough to let "emotions" get in the way of how i called the games. at the core of it all, im just watching a game and if i see a foul called i call it. it's not until afterwards i really saw who committed the foul. i really don't care who wins the game because im still getting paid. whether that's true at the NBA level and there really is an agenda, im not sure. but that's my 2 cents

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

this is also true. i've reffed games before where going into the game i know this player is an absolute #$%^& and consequently he is on a shorter leash than other players. if in a previous game i saw him committing some sort of foul consistently, im going to watch for it more in the next game to make sure he doesn't get away with it. im not out to get him, but i can't let him get away with it if it gives his team the advantage.

for me personally it was too tough to let "emotions" get in the way of how i called the games. at the core of it all, im just watching a game and if i see a foul called i call it. it's not until afterwards i really saw who committed the foul. i really don't care who wins the game because im still getting paid. whether that's true at the NBA level and there really is an agenda, im not sure. but that's my 2 cents

Ok, but to those who think the NBA is fishy, they're supposed to just turn it off even though they enjoy basketball? There is ALOT of people who think the NBA is rigged. One of the referees spent jail time for participating in rigged games, and told the public the league is rigged, and that it has been. There are videos of Stern fixing drafts. Now if you want to ignore all that cool. But its not unreasonable for anyone to think its rigged given what has happened, especially when questionable @!%+ consistently occurs like Paul Pierce being ejected for trash talking today. 
I think its very reasonable for people to express their frustrations with this league. And I think its reasonable for people to be frustrated. But you cant just tell someone who enjoys watching basketball to stop watching it. There's only one Professional sports league that gets hated on for poor quality and thats the NBA. The ONLY league. Not football, not baseball, not hockey, not college basketball. How about the league just gets cleaned up instead of telling basketball enthusiasts to stop watching basketball. Rigged or not, this isnt good basketball. Thats because of Stern. And thats whats unfair. I could give a @%%* if its the federal law or a basketball league. I like basketball.

Ok, but to those who think the NBA is fishy, they're supposed to just turn it off even though they enjoy basketball? There is ALOT of people who think the NBA is rigged. One of the referees spent jail time for participating in rigged games, and told the public the league is rigged, and that it has been. There are videos of Stern fixing drafts. Now if you want to ignore all that cool. But its not unreasonable for anyone to think its rigged given what has happened, especially when questionable @!%+ consistently occurs like Paul Pierce being ejected for trash talking today. 
I think its very reasonable for people to express their frustrations with this league. And I think its reasonable for people to be frustrated. But you cant just tell someone who enjoys watching basketball to stop watching it. There's only one Professional sports league that gets hated on for poor quality and thats the NBA. The ONLY league. Not football, not baseball, not hockey, not college basketball. How about the league just gets cleaned up instead of telling basketball enthusiasts to stop watching basketball. Rigged or not, this isnt good basketball. Thats because of Stern. And thats whats unfair. I could give a @%%* if its the federal law or a basketball league. I like basketball.

You clowns cry entirely too much about the refs. If ya'll feel so strongly that the refs have that much impact on the outcome of games then you dudes truly are pathetic...

Originally Posted by Jay02

. There's only one Professional sports league that gets hated on for poor quality and thats the NBA. The ONLY league. Not football, not baseball, not hockey, not college basketball. How about the league just gets cleaned up instead of telling basketball enthusiasts to stop watching basketball. Rigged or not, this isnt good basketball. Thats because of Stern. And thats whats unfair. I could give a %**% if its the federal law or a basketball league. I like basketball.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Now that that's out of the way, I render you this: the NBA is the only basketball product available on TV. Because there is no alternative to watch basketball, one must watch a sport they from the onset believe is rigged in order to complain about it being rigged. This is a meaningful exercise.

Are there reputations and home court advantages? Duh. Read Scorecasting... they statistically figured out that refs are human beings not immune to factors such as fan harassment and crowd noise. Refs are not infallible and the longer people look through heavily biased lenses, the longer people will fail to realize this.

Originally Posted by Jay02

. There's only one Professional sports league that gets hated on for poor quality and thats the NBA. The ONLY league. Not football, not baseball, not hockey, not college basketball. How about the league just gets cleaned up instead of telling basketball enthusiasts to stop watching basketball. Rigged or not, this isnt good basketball. Thats because of Stern. And thats whats unfair. I could give a %**% if its the federal law or a basketball league. I like basketball.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Now that that's out of the way, I render you this: the NBA is the only basketball product available on TV. Because there is no alternative to watch basketball, one must watch a sport they from the onset believe is rigged in order to complain about it being rigged. This is a meaningful exercise.

Are there reputations and home court advantages? Duh. Read Scorecasting... they statistically figured out that refs are human beings not immune to factors such as fan harassment and crowd noise. Refs are not infallible and the longer people look through heavily biased lenses, the longer people will fail to realize this.

Back
Top Bottom