I swear sometimes I Think Slavery Wasnt Real

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by jerryjones

150.gif
51a3UD%2BPOdL.jpg

honest question. Have you read these books?
yes i have

Just how poorly some people understand history never ceases to amaze me. This thread is an excellent example.

Just how poorly some people understand history never ceases to amaze me. This thread is an excellent example.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

I blame those damn white Egyptians for having slaves, if it wasn't for the white Egyptians that held all that power, no other slaves would have existed throughout history.
I dont know the history of slavery, but I think slavery was almost inevitable once civilizations began to develop and social stratification/idolizing of leaders began.
African leaders (black) sold black slaves to the whites and kept slaves for themselves aswell. (Leaders power was judged by the amount of slaves they owned) The "white man"  has done alot regarding racial injustice, but skin color or race doesn't determine corruption or slave owning/selling. This world is corrupt and slaves are kept to this day by all races. lol

I blame those damn white Egyptians for having slaves, if it wasn't for the white Egyptians that held all that power, no other slaves would have existed throughout history.
I dont know the history of slavery, but I think slavery was almost inevitable once civilizations began to develop and social stratification/idolizing of leaders began.
African leaders (black) sold black slaves to the whites and kept slaves for themselves aswell. (Leaders power was judged by the amount of slaves they owned) The "white man"  has done alot regarding racial injustice, but skin color or race doesn't determine corruption or slave owning/selling. This world is corrupt and slaves are kept to this day by all races. lol

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Agree but can you blame anyone in here, the history of the past and the history that is taught today are completely diluted and full of false manipulated half truths.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Agree but can you blame anyone in here, the history of the past and the history that is taught today are completely diluted and full of false manipulated half truths.

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

The slave trade was result of the weakend state of Africa,  arabs,whites,spinards exploited this weakness capitalized and profited off the slaves.

The slave trade was result of the weakend state of Africa,  arabs,whites,spinards exploited this weakness capitalized and profited off the slaves.

Originally Posted by Screech

Regardless. I'm just saying that Africans helped stimulate this trade. It doesn't make it right. But I feel that blaming white people for slavery is tired. They did own alot of slaves, correct. Its not a race thing its a people thing. Not every white person supported slavery, not every person that owned slaves or captured them was white. I'm black btw.

Originally Posted by Screech

Regardless. I'm just saying that Africans helped stimulate this trade. It doesn't make it right. But I feel that blaming white people for slavery is tired. They did own alot of slaves, correct. Its not a race thing its a people thing. Not every white person supported slavery, not every person that owned slaves or captured them was white. I'm black btw.

I'm still waiting on Cuz to come back to explain why he feel slave breeding was justified because we do it with animals...and how the nba and nfl players were bred to be athletes...Sounds like somebody just watched a Chris Rock standup and started talking outta their *%#

I'm still waiting on Cuz to come back to explain why he feel slave breeding was justified because we do it with animals...and how the nba and nfl players were bred to be athletes...Sounds like somebody just watched a Chris Rock standup and started talking outta their *%#

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

You guys are clearly misinformed. I dont think a US HISTORY textbook would lie about it, and quite frankly I dont think my history teacher who has been teaching the AP for over 30 years would lie about it. Wavy, you clearly don't know what your talking about. I'm sure a few hundred of Native American's were slaves, but thats it. They WERENT enslaved mainly because the men were hunters. They had no knowledge in agriculture, and the women wouldnt have been slaves. Secondly re-read my egyptian argument again. I clearly said it's debatable if it even happened.

Nikekidwonder, you are an idiot. First off after the British defeated the Dutch to gain control of the slave trade, indentured servants were no longer the main source of labor in the colonies. Africans were cheaper and a better investment. Why didn't the British just inslave the Irish? BECAUSE THEY WERE RACIST. When the Northerners wanted the Southerners to get rid of Slavery, they made the arguments in which I stated before. Have you studied Imperialism yet? It's been proven throughout time that Whites have thought as blacks to be lazy and savages. Come on son.

Edit: I just realized how much of an idiot you were too Wavey. I can't believe you just said Native Americans were no longer slaves due to the decrease of their population.
laugh.gif
The Americans killed the Native Americans. DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE they wouldve killed them if they were used as slave labor?

Wow. You are inbelievable.

You've never heard of the winners writing history? You don't doubt that a textbook could be written with a certain bias to it.

I would highly suggest you read this:

41tsnvxB0HL.jpg

The Native Americans were a lot more established in the US than most would have you believe - they were agricultural and basically living in cities - and a large proportion of slaves in the US were Native Americans.

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

You guys are clearly misinformed. I dont think a US HISTORY textbook would lie about it, and quite frankly I dont think my history teacher who has been teaching the AP for over 30 years would lie about it. Wavy, you clearly don't know what your talking about. I'm sure a few hundred of Native American's were slaves, but thats it. They WERENT enslaved mainly because the men were hunters. They had no knowledge in agriculture, and the women wouldnt have been slaves. Secondly re-read my egyptian argument again. I clearly said it's debatable if it even happened.

Nikekidwonder, you are an idiot. First off after the British defeated the Dutch to gain control of the slave trade, indentured servants were no longer the main source of labor in the colonies. Africans were cheaper and a better investment. Why didn't the British just inslave the Irish? BECAUSE THEY WERE RACIST. When the Northerners wanted the Southerners to get rid of Slavery, they made the arguments in which I stated before. Have you studied Imperialism yet? It's been proven throughout time that Whites have thought as blacks to be lazy and savages. Come on son.

Edit: I just realized how much of an idiot you were too Wavey. I can't believe you just said Native Americans were no longer slaves due to the decrease of their population.
laugh.gif
The Americans killed the Native Americans. DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE they wouldve killed them if they were used as slave labor?

Wow. You are inbelievable.

You've never heard of the winners writing history? You don't doubt that a textbook could be written with a certain bias to it.

I would highly suggest you read this:

41tsnvxB0HL.jpg

The Native Americans were a lot more established in the US than most would have you believe - they were agricultural and basically living in cities - and a large proportion of slaves in the US were Native Americans.

Back
Top Bottom