I swear sometimes I Think Slavery Wasnt Real

Man I decided to take a little peak inside this thread, and am left with nothing but disgust ........ From the person claiming that slavery of Africans and Native Black Americans NOT Native Americans BUT NATIVE BLACK AMERICANS was no worse than the Chinese, Jews etc to the threadstarter ............................... Like seriously ..........................SERIOUSLY ..... it's times like these I wish NT approved cuss words

BTW Williamatic you're only half right but the half you're missing are the major points ............ not the bs written in History books about strong backs and high melanin levels even though melanin does majorly tie into the missing half

Oh and btw they didn't kill off the Native Americans simply because they wouldn't have made good slaves, but because they would've represented a beacon of hope to slaves. Just the images of a group of people fighting, killing [slaveowers/slave masters] without advanced weaponry would've ignited enough hope [and rebellion] that slavery would've never worked out as well as it did in America. As a matter of my opinion a lot of the fear mongering of today is based on tactics and techniques perfected from slavery

Man I decided to take a little peak inside this thread, and am left with nothing but disgust ........ From the person claiming that slavery of Africans and Native Black Americans NOT Native Americans BUT NATIVE BLACK AMERICANS was no worse than the Chinese, Jews etc to the threadstarter ............................... Like seriously ..........................SERIOUSLY ..... it's times like these I wish NT approved cuss words

BTW Williamatic you're only half right but the half you're missing are the major points ............ not the bs written in History books about strong backs and high melanin levels even though melanin does majorly tie into the missing half

Oh and btw they didn't kill off the Native Americans simply because they wouldn't have made good slaves, but because they would've represented a beacon of hope to slaves. Just the images of a group of people fighting, killing [slaveowers/slave masters] without advanced weaponry would've ignited enough hope [and rebellion] that slavery would've never worked out as well as it did in America. As a matter of my opinion a lot of the fear mongering of today is based on tactics and techniques perfected from slavery

Man-o Man. After this I'm done because I can't fix what your school system has done to you.

White's have forever been racist. They were racist to the native Americans and then they became racist to the African Americans. That's why Africans were chosen. It's true before slavery everyone had "equal" rights on the colonial land to be cropholders,however, this wouldnt relate to blacks because they werent even located on the freaking continent until later on. Blacks were enslaved because they were deemed inferior. They were seen as PROPERTY first. Property = not human. Not human = inferior.

and face takeover:

I never spoke of their strength and skin color as being a major factor of slavery. Nikekidwonder did. I just agreed with him on that aspect, but I know the biggest points of slavery was inferiority.

Man-o Man. After this I'm done because I can't fix what your school system has done to you.

White's have forever been racist. They were racist to the native Americans and then they became racist to the African Americans. That's why Africans were chosen. It's true before slavery everyone had "equal" rights on the colonial land to be cropholders,however, this wouldnt relate to blacks because they werent even located on the freaking continent until later on. Blacks were enslaved because they were deemed inferior. They were seen as PROPERTY first. Property = not human. Not human = inferior.

and face takeover:

I never spoke of their strength and skin color as being a major factor of slavery. Nikekidwonder did. I just agreed with him on that aspect, but I know the biggest points of slavery was inferiority.

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

and face takeover:

Dude thoughts and ideas are not created out of thin air they don't just pop up in someones head 
And racism has not been around forever and it didn't just pop up in white peoples head

it was created to lowered the self esteem of blacks and to justify slavery 

They told blacks they were ugly ,savages and weak etc to lower the self esteem so the slaves would feel bad about themselves/hate themselves it was a way to enslave the minds of blacks/slave

the greatest way to control someone/slave is to control there mind and that is what racism did that is why it was invented though social darwism  

Social darwism was also used by Hitler to justify killing other whites/Jews 

and face takeover:

Dude thoughts and ideas are not created out of thin air they don't just pop up in someones head 
And racism has not been around forever and it didn't just pop up in white peoples head

it was created to lowered the self esteem of blacks and to justify slavery 

They told blacks they were ugly ,savages and weak etc to lower the self esteem so the slaves would feel bad about themselves/hate themselves it was a way to enslave the minds of blacks/slave

the greatest way to control someone/slave is to control there mind and that is what racism did that is why it was invented though social darwism  

Social darwism was also used by Hitler to justify killing other whites/Jews 

White's have forever been racist.

roll.gif
.  What school did you get this from?

White's have forever been racist.

roll.gif
.  What school did you get this from?

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by Bee GoT GaMe 23

DAWG. NIKEKIDWONDER. LOL. Why are you doing this to yourself? This prison system labor your talking about, is indentured servants my friend. The British decided to send the poor people and prisoners to work on colonial farms to start new lives. The land owners in America payed for these Prisoners and poor people to come because they couldnt afford it and in return they worked the land. Now, that African argument is true, but they reason why they enslaved the blacks instead of the Irish is because they were racist. They truly believed that blacks were savages. Come on son, how does a white man go to Africa and see a black man enslaving another black man? They thought that blacks werent civilized so putting them to work was a major thing to help them become something. If the whites werent racist explain to me why segregation occurred right after slavery? If you say that blacks were just good workers, why didnt racism end after the abolition of slavery?

The main reason why Southerners didnt want to get rid of slavery is because:
Slaves were THEIR PROPERTY
Was a major asset in their economy
Saw blacks are lazy and would only commit crimes if set free
They were racist.

Step your academic game up. Your taking a loss right here.
Dude racism did not exist in the form that we know it today back then 
Its started around the time when social Darwinism come out 

They used racism as a way to justify keeping the blacks enslaved because people were saying slavery contradicted the first amendment 

Racism was only invented as a way to justify treating blacks as animals and enslaving them 

The truth is whites back then never looked down on blacks and they didn't think they were better than blacks 

But they invented racism and the idea that they were to justify enslaving blacks because the slaves made them a lot of money and they did not want to give that up

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

look up the term social darwism and racism and you will understand 
Bro, racism was rampant much earlier than that.  Hell before social Darwinism, there so these so called temperat maps that showed the weather conditions of certain regions.  Depending where you were from you were considered a certain thing.  The western Europeans and their "perfect" weather made them the ideal human who was able to work but was also in an environment that allowed them to develop their intellect at a higher level.  Eastern Europeans, the Nordics, and all those cold nations were seen as European but too barbaric and stupid and thus looked down upon by the western Europeans.  While the so called hot zones were where the so called really stupid lived according to them.  Because they were so dumb they were easily exploited and great for work in tropical climates they were used in the Americas. 

We used this primary source in my Caribbean History class back in 08.  We used it as a source as one of the justifications why Native American slavery was abolished and Africans were imported.  Funny thing, even though the Native Americans were from the same hot region, they were considered of higher intellect by some of these so called western European intellectuals who wrote this stuff.  Crazy I know.  I just wish I still had my notes because I'd scan it along with the article.  It was dated sometime in the 1500s or 1600s.  Racism has been rampant for thousands of years.  I mean how else can a peasant who has nothing going for him feel some sort pride that at least he's not the lowest in the social order.  You make him think that a particular race is even lower than him. 

Originally Posted by Bee GoT GaMe 23

DAWG. NIKEKIDWONDER. LOL. Why are you doing this to yourself? This prison system labor your talking about, is indentured servants my friend. The British decided to send the poor people and prisoners to work on colonial farms to start new lives. The land owners in America payed for these Prisoners and poor people to come because they couldnt afford it and in return they worked the land. Now, that African argument is true, but they reason why they enslaved the blacks instead of the Irish is because they were racist. They truly believed that blacks were savages. Come on son, how does a white man go to Africa and see a black man enslaving another black man? They thought that blacks werent civilized so putting them to work was a major thing to help them become something. If the whites werent racist explain to me why segregation occurred right after slavery? If you say that blacks were just good workers, why didnt racism end after the abolition of slavery?

The main reason why Southerners didnt want to get rid of slavery is because:
Slaves were THEIR PROPERTY
Was a major asset in their economy
Saw blacks are lazy and would only commit crimes if set free
They were racist.

Step your academic game up. Your taking a loss right here.
Dude racism did not exist in the form that we know it today back then 
Its started around the time when social Darwinism come out 

They used racism as a way to justify keeping the blacks enslaved because people were saying slavery contradicted the first amendment 

Racism was only invented as a way to justify treating blacks as animals and enslaving them 

The truth is whites back then never looked down on blacks and they didn't think they were better than blacks 

But they invented racism and the idea that they were to justify enslaving blacks because the slaves made them a lot of money and they did not want to give that up

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

look up the term social darwism and racism and you will understand 
Bro, racism was rampant much earlier than that.  Hell before social Darwinism, there so these so called temperat maps that showed the weather conditions of certain regions.  Depending where you were from you were considered a certain thing.  The western Europeans and their "perfect" weather made them the ideal human who was able to work but was also in an environment that allowed them to develop their intellect at a higher level.  Eastern Europeans, the Nordics, and all those cold nations were seen as European but too barbaric and stupid and thus looked down upon by the western Europeans.  While the so called hot zones were where the so called really stupid lived according to them.  Because they were so dumb they were easily exploited and great for work in tropical climates they were used in the Americas. 

We used this primary source in my Caribbean History class back in 08.  We used it as a source as one of the justifications why Native American slavery was abolished and Africans were imported.  Funny thing, even though the Native Americans were from the same hot region, they were considered of higher intellect by some of these so called western European intellectuals who wrote this stuff.  Crazy I know.  I just wish I still had my notes because I'd scan it along with the article.  It was dated sometime in the 1500s or 1600s.  Racism has been rampant for thousands of years.  I mean how else can a peasant who has nothing going for him feel some sort pride that at least he's not the lowest in the social order.  You make him think that a particular race is even lower than him. 

I feel where OP is comin' from.... The things in the textbooks we read seem like something from a fiction novel.

Look at Alex Haley's "The Roots" for example. Stuff like that really happened? It's heart-wrenching I tell ya'll....
30t6p3b.gif

I feel where OP is comin' from.... The things in the textbooks we read seem like something from a fiction novel.

Look at Alex Haley's "The Roots" for example. Stuff like that really happened? It's heart-wrenching I tell ya'll....
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 Goodness gracious, some of you need to take a few ancient/modern history classes ASAP

FYI slavery has been around since the onset of civilization...

Slaves have been mistreated for centuries. Think about ancient Rome, about 1 in every 4 people were slaves. Some of the emperors following Marcus Aurelius were among the most powerful, cruel, and perverted men in recorded history...and they had thousands upon thousands of slaves working for them. A guy like Caligula kicked his pregnant wife to death, how you think he treated his slaves?

The mistreatment of slaves is nothing new, it's just that black enslavement in America is the most contemporary example, and thus we tend to view it as the most nefarious example as well...

30t6p3b.gif
 Goodness gracious, some of you need to take a few ancient/modern history classes ASAP

FYI slavery has been around since the onset of civilization...

Slaves have been mistreated for centuries. Think about ancient Rome, about 1 in every 4 people were slaves. Some of the emperors following Marcus Aurelius were among the most powerful, cruel, and perverted men in recorded history...and they had thousands upon thousands of slaves working for them. A guy like Caligula kicked his pregnant wife to death, how you think he treated his slaves?

The mistreatment of slaves is nothing new, it's just that black enslavement in America is the most contemporary example, and thus we tend to view it as the most nefarious example as well...

From trading spices and exotic animals before any European explore, to being exploited and downplayed. The history of Africa is much more then is told by the west.

From trading spices and exotic animals before any European explore, to being exploited and downplayed. The history of Africa is much more then is told by the west.

Back
Top Bottom