I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

Curious, what are Brazilians considered? Are they considered "Hispanic" as well? Spanish isn't their language...but it's in "Latin America". So they are "Latinos" but not Hispanic. And have Black Brazilians, White Brazilians, Native Americans, and everything in between.

Ninja and Steezy, what do y'all consider people from Brazil? How bout Haitians? Next door to DR.

I believe Portuguese is the main language.

Word to City of God.

I believe Portuguese is the main language.

Word to City of God.

Right. Hence the question. My favorite movie btw. I can watch that time and time again :lol:.

But I can easily see, and have seen people accept Brazilians as Hispanic/Latino. Even though they don't speak Spanish. But say Haitans aren't Hispanic/Latino. And it's a walking distance from DR.

That whole Southern Hemisphere is weird and intersting :lol:.

Just when you start to persuasively articulate your argument you flub it up by making sweeping generalizations. :lol:

My wife is part Iraqi and first generation American, I'm black ...they follow the census and view themselves as Caucasian (which they are).

The "Middle East" is a region, breh. Within the Middle East you have Caucasian races of people that don't get along with others for many different reasons.

For an example, as I pointed out in the "white Jesus" thread, Palestinians and Jews are two different cultures who've feuded for centuries despite sharing the same genetic roots. Similar to Dominicans and Hatians.

It's another reason I believe "Latino" is an ethnicity, not a race. I believe this is the gamut of the confusion in this thread.

Although some Latinos look white, they don't feel "white". They feel connected to their language, their heritage, their behaviors, their foods etc. Therefore without an official identification they feel alienated.

That's their challenge with assimilating into American culture.

In explaining this, I sincerely hope you realize how this confusion is perceived to Americans. No one is forcing ANYTHING on anyone, we're just asking that while you're here

respect our home.

Just stop, I'm not discussing RACE, I'm speaking CULTURE and I'm not claiming ALL middle easterners are reluctant to mixing up their culture, but a lot of them are when comparing them to our Latin culture, our parents wouldn't care who we marry, they can be Indian, African, Asian, white or **** green....truth is in most Hispanic households you will be welcomed with open arms, you'd be lying to yourself if you say the majority of say Indians will accept their daughter marrying outside their own....my coworker is terrified to introduce her boyfriend to her moms because she's Indian and he's black and she knows her mom is gonna lose it.

Last edited:
Right. Hence the question. My favorite movie btw. I can watch that time and time again :lol:.

But I can easily see, and have seen people accept Brazilians as Hispanic/Latino. Even though they don't speak Spanish. But say Haitans aren't Hispanic/Latino. And it's a walking distance from DR.

That whole Southern Hemisphere is weird and intersting :lol:.

To me they are both Latinos/Hispanic.

Semi related, I hit this tall joint with the phatty from Equatorial Guinea ...think she was in school up Morgan, solid yambs would smash a Guinea chick again...make her speak Spanish to me next time now that I know :pimp:

Last edited:
To me they are both Latinos/Hispanic.

O ard. Cool, cool.

I can easily see a Dominican dude like Ninja telling a Haitan dude that he isn't Hispanic or Latino...he's black. Same with someone from Guniea that they're "African" not "Spanish/Latino/Hispanic". That's where some of us kind of see the hypocrisy. And no shots. I'm honestly curious, and trying to poke holes in y'all' arguments at the same damn time :lol:.

It's also strange to me, because people in Latin America clearly recognize that there are black people in their country. If say, Ninja went to visit Columbia...they'd call and treat him as Black. Would they look at him funny if he said, Nah B, I'm a dark skinned Hispanic/latino?

:lol: at speaking for a whole continent of people as a whole just because you share the same language.

Their is a massive racism and divide in those countries, to say these countries don't have issues with race is delusional.

How are Haitians treated in your own home country backyard?

Last edited:
Curious, what are Brazilians considered? Are they considered "Hispanic" as well? Spanish isn't their language...but it's in "Latin America". So they are "Latinos" but not Hispanic. And have Black Brazilians, White Brazilians, Native Americans, and everything in between.

Brazil, in a lot of ways is like the United States. Both its black and white people are mixed with a lot of things. Brazil has one of not only the largest black populations outside of Africa, but also the largest Jewish diaspora.

I believe one of the co-founders of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin is Jewish-Brazilian. Adriana Lima on the other hand ancestry is African... on many occasions she's revealed that she's not afraid to tell people she's black. Which is kinda "taboo" in Brazil.

I married into a Haitian family they DO NOT consider themselves hispanic they consider themselves black as do all the Haitians I have interacted with through my wife's family I have only met Dominicans (Some, many proudly embrace their blackness) who want to distance themselves form being considered black.

Which I always found odd given its the same damn island.

There is literally no winning, had I said I don't consider them Latino/Hispanic you dudes woulda been on some "why!? Cuz they black!?"

Ya got it man, have fun.

Again, this is not whether Haitians consider themselves latino or not.

I am talking about the fact that when Haitians seek better opportunity economically, one of the first places they head to is the DR (they don't know any better). And the treatment they get there supersedes racisms. And we have a guy here claiming race is not a factor, not only for his country, as a whole for all hispanics.

Race is a huge factor especially in Latino influenced countries.

Last edited:
All this boils down to is how the world views Latin America. And how they view themselves.

-A Jamaican dude can say he's English-Carribean-Jamaican and Black.
-A Cameroonian dude can say he's French-African-Cameroonian and Black.
-A Guinean dude can set he's Spanish-African-Guinean and Black.
-An African American can say they're American and Black.
-A Hatian dude can say he's French-Latino-Hispanic and Black

Their blackness is included in this. But when say, a NORE says he's "Puerto Rican & Black"....for some reason, his Puerto Rican-ness is treated exclusively from being Black.

This is like the chicks on IG who have a Black Dominican mother, and a Black American Father....and say they are mixed because they are "Domincan and Black". There is a culture of self hatred, and the wanting to dilute ones blackness with these self descriptions. You fronting if you think otherwise.

Last edited:
Ya asking a bunch of loaded questions to further complicate something already complexed when it comes to the proper identification of Latinos, hence why Da Census is making adjustments...we are, but are not black/white/Asian we are Latinos, is that too hard to accept? if a hatian self identifies as Latino, I'm not gonna tell him no, if he self-identifies s black that's his choice and I'm gonna respect that....you dudes like to talk about respect but ya blatantly disrespecting a lot of Latinos with your disregard for their self identification, practice what you preach.

Just stop, I'm not discussing RACE, I'm speaking CULTURE and I'm not claiming ALL middle easterners are reluctant to mixing up their culture, but a lot of them are when comparing them to our Latin culture, our parents wouldn't care who we marry, they can be Indian, African, Asian, white or **** green....truth is in most Hispanic households you will be welcomed with open arms, you'd be lying to yourself if you say the majority of say Indians will accept their daughter marrying outside their own....my coworker is terrified to introduce her boyfriend to her moms because she's Indian and he's black and she knows her mom is gonna lose it.
This is the second time you've done this, the first time an NT'er had to correct you.

Although you have no reason not to like me, you don't even read my posts before taking up a hostile disposition, and sometimes we're actually in agreement.

My post clearly says, "culture". 

But yes, you're right India and other Eurasian cultures are xenophobic. Most countries overseas believe that dark skin is a sign of low class, because of the climate. Most people become tan from working in the fields.

However, in Latin America (which is closer to the equator) even people with European ancestry are darker because of the sun and climate.

That's key, and all I was pointing out to you, breh. People who are educated in a topic tend not make a snap judgement or an inflammatory generalization.

Try to not read my posts on the defense, and it will make for better conversation. 

pimp.gif

Again, this is not whether Haitians consider themselves latino or not.

I am talking about the fact that when Haitians seek better opportunity economically, one of the first places they head to is the DR (they don't know any better). And the treatment they get there supersedes racisms. And we have a guy here claiming race is not a factor, not only for his country, as a whole for all hispanics.

Race is a huge factor especially in Latino influenced countries.

Your mistake is taking anything Ninja says as if it has any value.

Zoey Saldana tho.

Shes dominican and puerto rican.

If i didn't know id say shes black.

No one is this dense No one is going to tell a Haitian, no if he says he's Latino....cause Haitians don't go out of their way to say they ain't black.

Haitians self identify as latino, haitian, creole, black, etc...they wouldn't be writing wall of dismissive racism to deny any one of these. No one is telling Dominicans not to call themselves latino or hispanic....but don't call other people black when you black too.

The only time I've seen ninja or any other Latino come forward and defend their identity is when other question it, I don't remember Ninja making a thread going out his way to distance himself from being black....I don't know any Hispanic going out their way to distance themselves from their roots...be it black or white....but when asked chances are you will get "I'm Latino or *country of origin"

So stop it with the framing.

Back
Top Bottom