I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

Are you aware that us as humans have a primitive function to be bias towards people who look different? It's because disease wiped out whole tribes of our prehistoric ancestors,

they were discriminant of anyone who wasn't part of the tribe because they might carry disease. In order to identify diseased individuals, we began to classify one another,

based on appearance and region.

I respect your opinions...i do.

But my opinion is this. ....i don't consider ninjahood black.
His mom speaks spanish....he speaks spanish....his parents are from the Dominican republic....prolly got a buncha plantains in his crib etc.

If there were a census i would expect him to bubble in hispanic rather than African american.

Thats it.

I dont see why thats so weird.

How does language correlate to physical features?

Im just saying. ...i have alot of black friends...
They dont speak spanish in their household.

Prolly a bad example tho

Ninjahood is black plain and simple I don't even know why there's a debate.  Just because he speaks spanish and his mom speaks spanish etc. has nothing to do with him being black.  Zoe Saldana can recognize it.  It's just like Selena Gomez is white, Christina Aguilera is white, Christina Milian is black, Cameron Diaz is white.  Is it that hard to follow, you'd think ppl are blind or something with them having so much trouble recognizing this.

Ninja definitely goes out of his way to distance himself from his West African ancestors. No one is questioning his latinoness or hispanicness. We just don't understand why he calls other people black when he's black too.

Has ninja ever blatantly said he dismisses any African blood running through his veins?...all I see him is saying he doesn't want anyone labeling him black, he is Latino/Hispanic.

In the case of "Hispanics/Latinos", their categorization into a panethnicity is applied irrespective of the country of origin (such as Mexican, Peruvian, Argentine, Dominican, Spaniard, etc.) or the racial origins (white, mestizo, mulatto, black, Amerindian) of those people grouped into the "Hispanic/Latino" panethnicity.

Other US examples include the labeling of all people from not only East Asia and South Asia as Asian Americans, or (reflecting the so-called "one-drop rule") all people with any degree of sub-Saharan African descent (even if predominantely of European or other ancestries) as African American, and all indigenous American tribes as a collective Native American "ethnicity" with the implication that they represent one people with a single shared identity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panethnicity

Ninjahood is black plain and simple I don't even know why there's a debate.  Just because he speaks spanish and his mom speaks spanish etc. has nothing to do with him being black.  Zoe Saldana can recognize it.  It's just like Selena Gomez is white, Christina Aguilera is white, Christina Milian is black, Cameron Diaz is white.  Is it that hard to follow, you'd think ppl are blind or something with them having so much trouble recognizing this.

"Da hell with ur latino culture, here in Murica' you're either white or black" [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Difference between racist and prejudice though.

I think Lord Jamar hit the nail on the head at the end of the VladTV interview about Beyonce performance.

Are you aware that us as humans have a primitive function to be bias towards people who look different? It's because disease wiped out whole tribes of our prehistoric ancestors,

they were discriminant of anyone who wasn't part of the tribe because they might carry disease. In order to identify diseased individuals, we began to classify one another,

based on appearance and region.

I respect your opinions...i do.

But my opinion is this. ....i don't consider ninjahood black.
His mom speaks spanish....he speaks spanish....his parents are from the Dominican republic....prolly got a buncha plantains in his crib etc.

If there were a census i would expect him to bubble in hispanic rather than African american.

Thats it.

I dont see why thats so weird.

Your vantage point is in da vaaaaaaaast majority, hence da changes in da census.

Selena Gomez is not white imo

Da fact that dude fixed his lips to say christina aguilera is white shows da utter dismissive sentiment of Hispanic/latinos

Like fams..are these folks even READING these last names? :lol:

[Video][/Video]

Lol now it's about last names and language spoken.  If we went by that than all the ppl from Francophone countries would be considered French

They already did this with Jessica Alba and Adrienne Bailon below.  You think if they did this with Christina Aguilera, Cameron Diaz, Selena Gomez it wouldn't be similar results?  I'd put $50,000 cash down that it would

"Da hell with ur latino culture, here in Murica' you're either white or black" [emoji]128580[/emoji]

These dudes don't understand how blatantly disrespectful and dismissive that **** is, ironically enough.

Oh this is rich coming from you two.

Two of the most condescending and dismissive people on NT when it comes to black people

Last edited:

These dudes don't understand how blatantly disrespectful and dismissive that **** is, ironically enough.

Two of the most condescending and dismissive people on NT when it comes to black people

If it was anyone else besides steezy and ninja, would y'all still be arguing? I really don't understand why you guys keep pressing the issue here. It feels personal at this point. steezy and ninja are polarizing individuals who will respond to anyone with their honest opinion. Now it looks like because of this they are being singled out for arguments. Just my observation.

For example, if you have a hispanic family member, friend, coworker, acquaintance, whatever in real life. They claim they're not black, they're not white, but that they're hispanic (and they even acknowledge African roots; as steezy has) or you still going to tell them they're black?

YOU personally can view them as black. The rest of SOCIETY can. That doesn't mean that's how they view themselves. That's all everyone is saying and yet you guys are pressing this blackness on them so hard. It seems ludicrous at this point.

ksteezy and ninjahood, y'all have logically addressed the issue. I don't know why you continue to respond.

Last edited:
If it was anyone else besides steezy and ninja, would y'all still be arguing? I really don't understand why you guys keep pressing the issue here. It feels personal at this point. steezy and ninja are polarizing individuals who will respond to anyone with their honest opinion. Now it looks like because of this they are being singled out for arguments. Just my observation.

For example, if you have a hispanic family member, friend, coworker, acquaintance, whatever in real life. They claim they're not black, they're not white, but that they're hispanic (and they even acknowledge African roots; as steezy has) or you still going to tell them they're black?

YOU personally can view them as black. The rest of SOCIETY can. That doesn't mean that's how they view themselves. That's all everyone is saying and yet you guys are pressing this blackness on them so hard. It seems ludicrous at this point.

ksteezy and ninjahood, y'all have logically addressed the issue. I don't know why you continue to respond.

That NT feel when you post in a thread on page 1-5 and then you see it become 22 pages long. #OHBOY

Oh this is rich coming from you too.

And yet Meth already flamed ya cats that play da same game & using da same tactics "da whites" did to blacks in an effort to disenfranchise them and ya claim ya so offended by..Rich irony everywhere.

Im still looking for this attitude i got about black folks ya claim i do other than display an indifference i got between ya racial war with White American that latinos tend to stay out...and for GOOD reason as seen in this thread.

A. We dont subscribe to EITHER ideology

B. Many of us either just got here or are born products or immigration and are 1st generation.

so as meth said,

many recent immigrants and visitors to the United States likely feel only an attenuated connection, at least initially, with American racial categories and identify, instead, on the basis of nationality and/or ethnicity.

Its THAT'S simple.

Do i sympathize with black african american racial strife in America? Sorta, but at da same time black people have to sorta sympathize that for alot of us Hispanics, America has given us EVERYTHING we could ever asked for so you cant blame us if we dont share that internalized resentment and utter contempt of "systematic oppression".

I see this is da dagger ya been poking Ksteezy with, not understanding that Latinos/Hispanics look at blacks & whites and tell both of ya " ayo dimelo,we over here being us."

Im pretty much done, this has been a DECADE+ **** on NT outside, politically, culturally, NYC understands, da MLB understands and after 2020 da census understands too...

Last edited:

Quote me in this thread trying to press blackness on either of them. Or claiming they are not Latino.

I have never said anything to Steezy on this matter, ever trying to force anything on him

And Ninja, I have argued (not in this thread in the past) with famb that someone (not just him) can me black and Latino at the same time. Which was a whole other arguement

In this thread I said he can self identify as anything he wants, but race is subjective so that in a different part of the country people might not care about the difference.

I don't see how I'm pushing anything on anyone

-All I did was point out the same lack of empathy the is pissing them off in here, is what other posters have to suffer through in other threads, and sometimes about very serious topics.

Last edited:

They keep saying we are claiming they are not latino, no one has said this in this thread. Literally NO ONE.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom