I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

No..im a dark skinned Hispanic Dominican male.

2020...thank god they fixed it.

-What you gonna say if even more Latinos identify as white, and choose white over Latinos on the form?

From the 2000 to 2010 census, there was a jump in the number of Latinos that identified there race as white. LINK

-Remember when you thought the Supreme Court was not gonna let smae sex marriage happen a few years back. How that work out?

I know you be seeing the papi-on-papi love flourishing up in Hudson Heights. :smokin

If you would've read da latino rebel article it immediately disputes that NY times article...i even quoted da author when he says..

White identification is not necessarily a sign that Hispanics consider themselves white. Many or even most might identify their race as “Hispanic” if it were an explicit option.

You latino rebel article disputes it yes, but it doesn't refute it.

The author of the latino rebel piece seems to have a hard time reading the statistical results presented in the New York Times and Pew Research.

Not only that, the author seems to really misrepresenting what the times piece is arguing. It is not just about Latinos identifying as white just cause, it is about assimilation, and that younger generations may be driving this shift in the categorizing of race. Because at the end of the day, the census numbers are about people subjectively self identifying.

The Times article ends like this:

White identification is not necessarily a sign that Hispanics consider themselves white. Many or even most might identify their race as “Hispanic” if it were an explicit option. But white identification may still be an indicator of assimilation. White identifiers are likelier to be second- and third-generation Hispanics than foreign-born and noncitizen Hispanics. They also have higher levels of education and income. The researchers’ data did not show the country of origin of the families of those people who shifted their identification.

The results are a strong sign that fears of a unique “Hispanic challenge,” where Hispanics immigrants might remain as a permanent Spanish-speaking underclass, are overblown.

In that regard, the census numbers are not new: There is mounting evidence that Hispanics are succeeding in American society at a pace similar to that of prior waves of European immigrants.

-So all I'm asking is what if the trend continues, the the net effect is still Latino towards white, what would you say then.

Last edited:
Ninja likes to say the word *****, but doesn't consider himself Black.

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

[Video][/Video]
[Video]

That is not a good excuse, Joey full of ****.

If black people are not in any way your people, if your want to keep their history and your history distinct, to make sure people know they are different "culture", then that word shouldn't coming out your mouth. Period

But like Paul Mooney said, Everyone Wants To Be A *****, but nobody wanna be a *****[/video]

Last edited:
So all I'm asking is what if the trend continues, the the net effect is still Latino towards white, what would you say then.

My answer is they wont if given an explicit Hispanic option, just like da author himself says at da beginning of that paragraph.

Why are we trying to draft Ninja so hard anyway?

We trying to get in on some of that Porsche money?

i thought we all accepted that everyone in NY says it.

Ninja told us that all the street vendors on Grand ****course call him Spanish boy, that is good enough for me. Let famb self identify as what he wants

Plus when he and Steezy start talking sideways about black folk, it is just one more things to smack dem wit.

So all I'm asking is what if the trend continues, the the net effect is still Latino towards white, what would you say then.

My answer is they wont if given an explicit Hispanic option, just like da author himself says at da beginning of that paragraph.

It's true Rust. I remember when I filled it out.

The options were somethings like:
White
Black
Pacific Islander

I'm looking at that damn like these dudes...
I remember I went with white but I was real tight that I had to do that.

Until they put a Hispanic option I'm not going to fill that part again.

Last edited:

White
Black
Pacific Islander

I'm looking at that **** like these *************...

I feel you famb. What I'm saying, and what the Times article point out, is that there are younger Latinos that didn't themselves fill out forms in the last census (they weren't a head of the household, or for some other reason), but will in the next ones. And they might self identify as white

I'm not trying to say you and Ninja wrong. And I work with CPS data, looking an income gaps, so I welcome the new options.

But you Latinos are unique in many ways, the generational aspect is one of them. Like our mans ninja would say, y'all ain't a monolith, so there is possibly that they got some folk that rock wit white first and foremost. And haven't got the chance to express that

Last edited:
If he was also saying ignorant stuff about the white community to go along with that, I'm sure a few people would

Real talk brah, you got an issue with black people and the way they "act". :lol: You can't resist making these sweeping judgments, time and time again

Plus before he left before, weren't you were one of the dudes coming it at him for his stuff too :lol:.

The thing is regardless of what you guys think I don't have anything against black people....I'm just a very vocally opinionated NTer and sometimes I end up putting my foot in my mouth with the way I may word things.

However this agenda with ninja is borderline sic...lol why are dudes so invested in labeling him black?....I never came at him for this, the only thing I cracked on ninja about was his living conditions....never about how he identifies because I'm Hispanic and I totally get where he's coming from....as a Latino, we don't like to be labeled as anything else other than Latino or our country of origin....not a color....somehow to some NTer this is too hard to accept.

i know Pr's and Dr's who said ***** all day both male and female
i know Mexicans who say the n word all day . i wont do it. i dint think it sounds right. its not in my vocabulary when I'm talking.  I'm not black. 

@Diego 

same here . was filling out school registrations forms for my daughters and there was like four options. lady tells me your Caucasian... i said i aint no Caucasian. im mexican. 

Last edited:

White
Black
Pacific Islander

I'm looking at that damn like these dudes...

I'm pretty sure the Latinos that identified as white because there really wasn't a legit option for us to choose from, were NOT of Ninjas complexion....I'm sure if Ninja was forced to pick between Pacific Islander/black/white the man will pick black....just like Diego or myself would be forced to pick white, because obviously we are not black/darkskinned so yes is about time Da Cesus made Da corrections.

Last edited:
PR/DR :lol:

Self preservation and identity is super important, but these groups are hella weak :lol:. They could front all they want to themselves, whatever helps.

That is not a good excuse, Joey full of ****.

If black people are not in any way your people, if your want to keep their history and your history distinct, to make sure people know they are different "culture", then that word shouldn't coming out your mouth. Period

But like Paul Mooney said, Everyone Wants To Be A *****, but nobody wanna be a *****

This x 100

As a grown adult I've had to make a conscious effort to wipe the use of that word from my vocabulary, because now I know better....however growing up in the hood, specially in NY...that word was a part of how we all communicated, as a kid I said it and no one in my hood had an issue with it, no one in school had an issue with it, because regardless of skin color, we all grew up in the same street culture....I don't think ninja or anyone else as an adult should use that word tho.

As a grown adult I've had to make a conscious effort to wipe the use of that word from my vocabulary, because now I know better....however growing up in the hood, specially in NY...that word was a part of how we all communicated, as a kid I said it and no one in my hood had an issue with it, no one in school had an issue with it, because regardless of skin color, we all grew up in the same street culture....I don't think ninja or anyone else as an adult should use that word tho.

The word never had anything to do with street culture though.

The question is why do African American bros want these groups to identify as blacks ?

They are not important, they don't matter one bit. Although it is humane to look for connection, the thirst for connection to irrelevant sub groups is mad weak. They imitate the culture cuz they come from the third world and are trying to relate, nothing more.

Serious question....do Ninja and them consider people from Guinea as "Hispanic" or "Spanish"?

No...is not in Latin America...

3.png

The word never had anything to do with street culture though.

I know but is how a lot of us were first exposed to it, from the music we listened to, the way we spoke amongst our selves growing up in the hood.

Like I said, as a kid i didn't know any better as Boone around me regardless of skin color felt uncomfortable with anyone saying it....as an adult I've been exposed to more than just a couple of street blocks, so now I know better

The question is why do African American bros want these groups to identify as blacks ?

They are not important, they don't matter one bit. Although it is humane to look for connection, the thirst for connection to irrelevant sub groups is mad weak. They imitate the culture cuz they come from the third world and are trying to relate, nothing more.

Lmao and somehow we are the racists, bigots and ignorant... :rofl:

We have plenty of culture.

Back
Top Bottom