I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Congrats,
I wish I was as brave as you
tipping is wrong and outdated, but unfortunately, I feel forced to do so.
I don't understand how someone can defend the concept of someone working hard for a tip they may not receive.

edit:

and no offense, if it's Rilla, but what restaurants?

I saw a Freddie Gibbs interview where he said Gary, Indiana doesn't even have a movie theater 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I can only imagine what restaurants you have in your hood

OP you're just tipping them for "the little things"
like taking your order while you sit down>having to stand in line
bringing your food to you> going to a counter and getting the food yourself
refilling your drinks and "making sure everything is ok"> you walking up and refilling or taking another order for food yourself while you are with your girl or who ever.

If you were on a "classy" date, doing all these things yourself, that would take away the class and it would be a more of a hassle instead of a relaxed date, and that's exactly what waiters and waitresses do for you, they take away the hassle.

if you don't want to tip go to Piccadilly with your girl, see how that works out.

Congrats,
I wish I was as brave as you
tipping is wrong and outdated, but unfortunately, I feel forced to do so.
I don't understand how someone can defend the concept of someone working hard for a tip they may not receive.

edit:

I saw a Freddie Gibbs interview where he said Gary, Indiana doesn't even have a movie theater 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

You again?

"Hey everybody, look at me I got Rilla's name in my mouth. Aren't I cool to you guys?!"

Eh..
Right. Please leave NT. I value most people's opinions, but I have decided that yours is irrelevant. And it looks like I'm not the only one
pimp.gif

OP you're just tipping them for "the little things"
like taking your order while you sit down>having to stand in line
bringing your food to you> going to a counter and getting the food yourself
refilling your drinks and "making sure everything is ok"> you walking up and refilling or taking another order for food yourself while you are with your girl or who ever.

If you were on a "classy" date, doing all these things yourself, that would take away the class and it would be a more of a hassle instead of a relaxed date, and that's exactly what waiters and waitresses do for you, they take away the hassle.

if you don't want to tip go to Piccadilly with your girl, see how that works out.

And yet, you respond to me. You'll respond to this post. I think I'll stay, lest you run out of things to do with yourself. I woudn't want that on my conscience.. I'm already "cheap".

And yet, you respond to me. You'll respond to this post. I think I'll stay, lest you run out of things to do with yourself. I woudn't want that on my conscience.. I'm already "cheap".

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

You again?

"Hey everybody, look at me I got Rilla's name in my mouth. Aren't I cool to you guys?!"

Eh..
Right. Please leave NT. I value most people's opinions, but I have decided that yours is irrelevant. And it looks like I'm not the only one
pimp.gif
Stop trolling. You're attacking the poster not the thread. You came in here just to target him. That's lame. Asking him to leave NT? You are not even bringing the lulz, just stop
pimp.gif

You again?

Eh..
pimp.gif
Stop trolling. You're attacking the poster not the thread. You came in here just to target him. That's lame. Asking him to leave NT? You are not even bringing the lulz, just stop
pimp.gif

dang people... for the ones that dont want to tip their server: just stay your @!% at home or go to mcD.

you think server are making money? no, get it through your head that most of them depend on tips to make money. perhaps california is different, but almost everywhere else they depend on tips.. so either pay the tip based on the service they give you, or just stay home and eat hot pockets... most of you are flaunting their money with the clothes and shoes they wear, yet they refuse to tip their server 20%...cheap bastards...

dang people... for the ones that dont want to tip their server: just stay your @!% at home or go to mcD.

you think server are making money? no, get it through your head that most of them depend on tips to make money. perhaps california is different, but almost everywhere else they depend on tips.. so either pay the tip based on the service they give you, or just stay home and eat hot pockets... most of you are flaunting their money with the clothes and shoes they wear, yet they refuse to tip their server 20%...cheap bastards...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You again?

Eh..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Here, have a pair of these

solid-handle-poms.gif

You deserve it. ABH, we meet again?

You again?

Eh..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Here, have a pair of these

solid-handle-poms.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

We don't. It's really desolate here. But why is that funny tho? Like, seriously.... $@%+%% boo hoo'd for the motor city losing 25% of its residents in that thread last week, but it's funny that the "African-American Capitol of the USA" has gone through hard times since Reaganomics hit? What the @%+* gives? Seriously? I'm not hurt, personally cuz me and mine gone be aight.. but I feel for the have-lessers in my city. and ya'll laugh at them?
30t6p3b.gif

But to answer your question: We only have "food joints" here...you know.. Rays, J&Js, Harolds, etc.. the restaurants are in neighboring towns that are mostly white and look down on and profile Gary/Black people in general. It's Indiana! And ya'll ask me why I assume %### is racist.. right..

ALL of the best dates I ever had were hosted at home with me doing the things you apparently can't pull off in style. All that "hassle" gets you brownie points...or I mean... you could just let a waitress do it for you, then you lose the brownie points, can't use the transition from eating dinner to being full to invite shorty to your bed, AND you'd have to give the waitress a tip...

Some of ya'll got the game bass-ackwards.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

We don't. It's really desolate here. But why is that funny tho? Like, seriously.... $@%+%% boo hoo'd for the motor city losing 25% of its residents in that thread last week, but it's funny that the "African-American Capitol of the USA" has gone through hard times since Reaganomics hit? What the @%+* gives? Seriously? I'm not hurt, personally cuz me and mine gone be aight.. but I feel for the have-lessers in my city. and ya'll laugh at them?
30t6p3b.gif

But to answer your question: We only have "food joints" here...you know.. Rays, J&Js, Harolds, etc.. the restaurants are in neighboring towns that are mostly white and look down on and profile Gary/Black people in general. It's Indiana! And ya'll ask me why I assume %### is racist.. right..

ALL of the best dates I ever had were hosted at home with me doing the things you apparently can't pull off in style. All that "hassle" gets you brownie points...or I mean... you could just let a waitress do it for you, then you lose the brownie points, can't use the transition from eating dinner to being full to invite shorty to your bed, AND you'd have to give the waitress a tip...

Some of ya'll got the game bass-ackwards.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

We don't. It's really desolate here. But why is that funny tho? Like, seriously.... $$*@#+ boo hoo'd for the motor city losing 25% of its residents in that thread last week, but it's funny that the "African-American Capitol of the USA" has gone through hard times since Reaganomics hit? What the *$+* gives? Seriously? I'm not hurt, personally cuz me and mine gone be aight.. but I feel for the have-lessers in my city. and ya'll laugh at them?
30t6p3b.gif

But to answer your question: We only have "food joints" here...you know.. Rays, J&Js, Harolds, etc.. the restaurants are in neighboring towns that are mostly white and look down on and profile Gary/Black people in general. It's Indiana! And ya'll ask me why I assume #+@% is racist.. right..

well, I guess you're right, it is immature to find that humorous

but it might make your opinion less valid

just trying to be unbiased, although I also disagree with tipping (but I do take it into consideration when going to a restaurant 
grin.gif
)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

We don't. It's really desolate here. But why is that funny tho? Like, seriously.... $$*@#+ boo hoo'd for the motor city losing 25% of its residents in that thread last week, but it's funny that the "African-American Capitol of the USA" has gone through hard times since Reaganomics hit? What the *$+* gives? Seriously? I'm not hurt, personally cuz me and mine gone be aight.. but I feel for the have-lessers in my city. and ya'll laugh at them?
30t6p3b.gif

But to answer your question: We only have "food joints" here...you know.. Rays, J&Js, Harolds, etc.. the restaurants are in neighboring towns that are mostly white and look down on and profile Gary/Black people in general. It's Indiana! And ya'll ask me why I assume #+@% is racist.. right..

well, I guess you're right, it is immature to find that humorous

but it might make your opinion less valid

just trying to be unbiased, although I also disagree with tipping (but I do take it into consideration when going to a restaurant 
grin.gif
)

You think I'm Haze?
laugh.gif
but
pimp.gif

The troll posted some pom poms for me.

You think I'm Haze?
laugh.gif
but
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

-for being pissed that gratuity was added to my bill without my consent
-for thinking employers should pay their employee what they're worth
-for thinking the avg. consumer is suckered into believing they have an obligation to compensate employees they don't employ.
-for being willing to leave a 20% tip, and being enraged to find they had already taken 15%
-for understanding that while I may be applying for a job at the same place, I don't feel it's the customers obligation to cover my payment because I have other plans for better employment down the line and don't intend to be stuck "MAKING A LIVING" there.
-for assuming race was a tie-in when normally gratuity is only added in for parties of 6 or more
-for thinking that calling me well groomed and well spoken didn't have a silent "as opposed to _____" attached to it.

Which one is wrong and sad?  Maybe the last one..,. maybe... but you never can be certain these days. Even and still, my points are valid.
If tipping was ever made obsolete the waiters would still have to be paid, so the customers bill would be increased (probably by more than you'd tip if you had that choice) to make up for it.
The server still has to be paid, the money will always come out of the customers pocket one way or another.
At least with the current system you decide how much to tip, taking into account the fact that the server has to eat too. If service sucks, tip very little.
Again, I'm OKAY with that. Eating out is a luxury anyway (that's NOT what she said..). I didn't grow up in a restaraunt. I grew up learning how to master the stove my damn self. I KNOW it's cheaper to stay home and cook, duh. So I wouldn't mind paying a little more to eat out. I just don't like how sneaky and underhanded it really is when you break it down. Like folks said, you might as well add 15% to the price on the menu the way it is..... OR...they could just charge you the damn price flat out and not be so underhanded. It's not about how much it is, but WHY I have to pay more.

You were served.
The gratuity IS their way of adding the 15%. You want an itemized bill don't you?
The gratuity was probably added because you had just applied there (indicating that you're unemployed, and therefore unlikely to leave an adequate tip.)

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

-for being pissed that gratuity was added to my bill without my consent
-for thinking employers should pay their employee what they're worth
-for thinking the avg. consumer is suckered into believing they have an obligation to compensate employees they don't employ.
-for being willing to leave a 20% tip, and being enraged to find they had already taken 15%
-for understanding that while I may be applying for a job at the same place, I don't feel it's the customers obligation to cover my payment because I have other plans for better employment down the line and don't intend to be stuck "MAKING A LIVING" there.
-for assuming race was a tie-in when normally gratuity is only added in for parties of 6 or more
-for thinking that calling me well groomed and well spoken didn't have a silent "as opposed to _____" attached to it.

Which one is wrong and sad?  Maybe the last one..,. maybe... but you never can be certain these days. Even and still, my points are valid.
If tipping was ever made obsolete the waiters would still have to be paid, so the customers bill would be increased (probably by more than you'd tip if you had that choice) to make up for it.
The server still has to be paid, the money will always come out of the customers pocket one way or another.
At least with the current system you decide how much to tip, taking into account the fact that the server has to eat too. If service sucks, tip very little.
Again, I'm OKAY with that. Eating out is a luxury anyway (that's NOT what she said..). I didn't grow up in a restaraunt. I grew up learning how to master the stove my damn self. I KNOW it's cheaper to stay home and cook, duh. So I wouldn't mind paying a little more to eat out. I just don't like how sneaky and underhanded it really is when you break it down. Like folks said, you might as well add 15% to the price on the menu the way it is..... OR...they could just charge you the damn price flat out and not be so underhanded. It's not about how much it is, but WHY I have to pay more.

You were served.
The gratuity IS their way of adding the 15%. You want an itemized bill don't you?
The gratuity was probably added because you had just applied there (indicating that you're unemployed, and therefore unlikely to leave an adequate tip.)

You think I'm Haze?
laugh.gif
but
pimp.gif

Because you're being a cheerleader in this thread. Let me ask you, out of all the trolling that occurs on NT, why single me out? Yeah, I was firing shots, but he's a grown man. He can defend himself.
laugh.gif

No need to be Captain Save A Willy

You think I'm Haze?
laugh.gif
but
pimp.gif

Because you're being a cheerleader in this thread. Let me ask you, out of all the trolling that occurs on NT, why single me out? Yeah, I was firing shots, but he's a grown man. He can defend himself.
laugh.gif

No need to be Captain Save A Willy

Back
Top Bottom