I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

I feel OP on the "added on gratuity". I will tip based on service. But when they go ahead and tack it on you really have no say.

I've always been a generous tipper, but when they decide to add the tip themselves, they actually lose money from me.

but the fact that apparently Black people get TAXED to eat at restaurants.
It's not just black ppl though.  Some restaurants just have that policy.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

People make a living off tips.

Waiters are paid less than minimum wage, to make up for that they are allowed to receive tips.

If you don't like it, don't eat out.

If you were a waiter would you want tips? I'm pretty sure you would...
Everybody would want tips for anything if they could get them... that's not a strong argument. Reads the note. I addressed this stance already.

Waiters are paid less than minimum wage, to make up for that they are allowed to receive tips.

Everybody would want tips for anything if they could get them... that's not a strong argument. Reads the note. I addressed this stance already.

So how do you know only black people where the ones who had gratuity added to their check? Did you walk around the restaurant and ask every other person? Did you think to look on the menu? Did you ask someone or just make assumptions?

So how do you know only black people where the ones who had gratuity added to their check? Did you walk around the restaurant and ask every other person? Did you think to look on the menu? Did you ask someone or just make assumptions?

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

BEfore ya'll cal me cheap and whatever else ya'll come up with, stop and realize you TOO are being played. It's NOT about how much the tip is, but the fact that apparently Black people get TAXED to eat at restaurants.

I'm NOT okay with that.

ME and my gal dropped 85 dollars on Red Lobster Friday and tipped 10 bucks (horrible service) because our waitress just looked like she needed it. So yeah, I can be compassionate. But that's it! EYE HAVE TO CARE. You can't force me too with peer pressure and societal pressure. So to then be JACKED for 3 funky +++ bucks was the icing on the crap cake for me.

I quit.
Places that do this normally have that written right on the menu.  If you don't like it, get up and leave.  Go get a grilled cheese with mozzarella sticks in the middle at friendly's or something.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im over NTers crying about tipping servers.
Places that do that, do it for large parties... not 2 people having a snack at 3 o'clock. READ THE SUBTEXT, not just the fine print..

Some of ya'll are so oblivious.
30t6p3b.gif

Why are you making this a race issue? Everyone is taxed on food? I don't get this?

And the reasons restaurants add on gratuity is basically because of people like the OP. They won't tip even if the service or food was good.

BEfore ya'll cal me cheap and whatever else ya'll come up with, stop and realize you TOO are being played. It's NOT about how much the tip is, but the fact that apparently Black people get TAXED to eat at restaurants.

I'm NOT okay with that.

ME and my gal dropped 85 dollars on Red Lobster Friday and tipped 10 bucks (horrible service) because our waitress just looked like she needed it. So yeah, I can be compassionate. But that's it! EYE HAVE TO CARE. You can't force me too with peer pressure and societal pressure. So to then be JACKED for 3 funky +++ bucks was the icing on the crap cake for me.

I quit.
Places that do this normally have that written right on the menu.  If you don't like it, get up and leave.  Go get a grilled cheese with mozzarella sticks in the middle at friendly's or something.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Places that do that, do it for large parties... not 2 people having a snack at 3 o'clock. READ THE SUBTEXT, not just the fine print..

30t6p3b.gif

Why are you making this a race issue? Everyone is taxed on food? I don't get this?

And the reasons restaurants add on gratuity is basically because of people like the OP. They won't tip even if the service or food was good.

I can respect what you're saying but as someone stated waiters and waitresses make less than minimum wage they make the bulk of there money on tips. As far as the added gratuity goes I feel the same as you on that! Adding gratuity to someone bill should be illegal, the waiter/waitress can basically give you the crappiest service and still make money off of it.. F the added gratuity

I can respect what you're saying but as someone stated waiters and waitresses make less than minimum wage they make the bulk of there money on tips. As far as the added gratuity goes I feel the same as you on that! Adding gratuity to someone bill should be illegal, the waiter/waitress can basically give you the crappiest service and still make money off of it.. F the added gratuity

I KNOW RIGHT THE NERVE

WELL HERE IS A ALTERNATIVE FOR THOSE $2.82 ON YOUR NEXT DATE

16pbnt.jpg

i dont tip & wont tip unless i know the server FOHWTBS you wk here do your job i wish bww would add a tip to my bill id go ham call me cheap/broke/whatever i aitn tippin $%^&*()

i dont tip & wont tip unless i know the server FOHWTBS you wk here do your job i wish bww would add a tip to my bill id go ham call me cheap/broke/whatever i aitn tippin $%^&*()

I KNOW RIGHT THE NERVE

WELL HERE IS A ALTERNATIVE FOR THOSE $2.82 ON YOUR NEXT DATE

16pbnt.jpg

The difference is not everyone makes belows minimum wage, servers do. If you don't want to tip, the restaurants would up the rate for their workers and this would reflect in the cost of food.

laugh.gif
Race

But I have heard from waiters that their restaurant has policies in which they can choose who they charge gratuity. Call if profiling if you want. When you add the tip, that is your tip. Don't take it upon yourself to tip yourself and then want another tip.

I tip based on service. You can't not tip someone.

Should you have to tip someone for a job they are supposed to do? No but unfortunately you pretty much don't have a choice other than eating elsewhere.

laugh.gif
Race

But I have heard from waiters that their restaurant has policies in which they can choose who they charge gratuity. Call if profiling if you want. When you add the tip, that is your tip. Don't take it upon yourself to tip yourself and then want another tip.

I tip based on service. You can't not tip someone.

Should you have to tip someone for a job they are supposed to do? No but unfortunately you pretty much don't have a choice other than eating elsewhere.

The difference is not everyone makes belows minimum wage, servers do. If you don't want to tip, the restaurants would up the rate for their workers and this would reflect in the cost of food.

I'm NOT okay with that.

I quit.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Did you just brag about tipping under 12%??  and the only reason you gave it was cause she looked like she needed it?

I completely understand your whole thing about them adding the gratuity, I feel the same way they categorize me as a non tipper and add it.  But it's their loss, they want to add a gratuity of 15% they save me money and thats all they get, don't add gratuity and do a good job and youll get a nice tip do a horrible job and get a sub par one.  I grew up with my mom being a waitress so I know that the government taxes waiters and waitresses based on what you eat, because they work under minimum wage and get tips.

And you put an application in there?  What position were you applying for?

I'm NOT okay with that.

I quit.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Did you just brag about tipping under 12%??  and the only reason you gave it was cause she looked like she needed it?

I completely understand your whole thing about them adding the gratuity, I feel the same way they categorize me as a non tipper and add it.  But it's their loss, they want to add a gratuity of 15% they save me money and thats all they get, don't add gratuity and do a good job and youll get a nice tip do a horrible job and get a sub par one.  I grew up with my mom being a waitress so I know that the government taxes waiters and waitresses based on what you eat, because they work under minimum wage and get tips.

And you put an application in there?  What position were you applying for?

Back
Top Bottom