I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Ya'll are ridiculous.
laugh.gif
. I'll be "cheap" if that's NT's antonym for "gullible" these days...

THIS

tip only if the service and food is good, @!%% even tipping a dollar or two won't hurt

tip only if the service and food is good, @!%% even tipping a dollar or two won't hurt

look, I read this thread and thought OP was a lame but he has a point about the "forced tip" its not ethical and could lead to waiters slacking off.
Why would they go above and beyond if they get paid the same regardless (Best Buy)?
That said, when the tip is optional you should leave a fair amount per your standards. 15% too much for you fine?....clearly you understand that the way waiters are paid so if you dont think they deserve it then whatever.

And you logic is flawed a little here:
How are they gonna spit in your food if you dont tip them? Foods finished before you tip.
If you ever decide to work as a waiter you will quickly hate anyone who doesnt leave a tip, and they come in all shapes/sizes/colors.

Also in Europe if you try to tip they wont take it. But the waiters are paid differently and that is reflected in the food prices.

look, I read this thread and thought OP was a lame but he has a point about the "forced tip" its not ethical and could lead to waiters slacking off.
Why would they go above and beyond if they get paid the same regardless (Best Buy)?
That said, when the tip is optional you should leave a fair amount per your standards. 15% too much for you fine?....clearly you understand that the way waiters are paid so if you dont think they deserve it then whatever.

And you logic is flawed a little here:
How are they gonna spit in your food if you dont tip them? Foods finished before you tip.
If you ever decide to work as a waiter you will quickly hate anyone who doesnt leave a tip, and they come in all shapes/sizes/colors.

Also in Europe if you try to tip they wont take it. But the waiters are paid differently and that is reflected in the food prices.

man, i grew up thinking you tipped when your service was above average...

and the better it is, the better the tip

i dont just tip because you're supposed to tip...thats ******ed.

you live off tips? damn, that sucks, g. Maybe you should apply for a job outside of walking plates of food to people's tables, then, huh?

lol, yall gonna call ME cheap because i dont see the requirment of TIPPING someone for doing their joke of a job

yet

these dudes struggling to make ends meet as a server at fridays for 3.25 an hour is free from criticism?

you dont like being payed 3.25 an hour bro? there are other jobs.

wait, you love to brag about how you walked out of a 4 hour shift on friday with 250 cash, tho, right?

deal with it.

rilla, that happened to me at bdubs in miami.....i wasnt pressed, like you said, i was actually gonna leave homeboy more than they automatically took, but hey, yall automatically took the percentage you all felt was proper for this dudes tip...so have fun with that 2.45 cents....

delivery drivers, too

oh, i have to make a 10 dollar minimum order, when your entrees are 6 dollars, THEN there is a 2 dollar delivery charge, THEN you want a tip after that? lol, so im paying 15 bucks for a 6 dollar meal, bro?

NT can call me cheap, then.

i tip when the service is impressive. i tip when the person is cool. i tip if the weather is ridiculous.

i dont tip because of some unwritten rule that you have to tip

and i certainly dont tip because these geniuses make 3.25 an hour and LIVE OFF THE TIPS...

i went on a southern black college tour in the 10th grade. i was one of the older kids there. it was through i church i had never even seen, therefore i was the only person who didnt know ANYBODY

we went to red lobster. granted, we had a party of like 60....cool. we got a whole back room, and each server was responsible for like 2 tables of 4 kids....

i asked the broad for more napkins, lemon and ketchup WHEN I ORDERED MY FOOD....i got none of those things...i ate my food without lemon or ketchup and didnt get a refill on my soda

the bill comes

everyone at the tables are preparing their tip....and i guess looking at the next man's tip, too, cause i just remember a kid going "YOURE NOT GOING TO TIP?"

im like "naw, my service was horrible"

they go and tell the director of the trip

who comes over "YOURE NOT GOING TO TIP? THEY LIVE OFF OF TIPS!"

as a 10th grader, i am now loudly arguing, in public, with several kids and adults about why i wont tip

i just remember the server being around while im yelling "YO, MY SERVICE SUCKED, IF YOU WANNA TIP THIS BROAD, TIP HER, GET OFF MY ****, I STILL DONT HAVE NAPKINS...BUT I HAVE MY BILL"

remember, this is a church-sponsored tour....

LOL

EDIT:

IN RILLA'S DEFENSE....

black people ARE stereotyped as being $#!$!% tippers. that's a fact.

not saying this situation was racially motivated, just saying, don't jump on that one point he made.

Actually you are part of the problem and are helping enforce the "blacks don't tip" stereotype. Thanks homie. 

I hope you don't become known for not tipping at your regular spots tho.
sick.gif

You have a decent gripe but not tipping isn't the answer to that problem. 

You know you dont have to pay that, its "Suggested", you can tell them to take it off. Cool down.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i heard of gratuity on a party of 4-5+ but 2? damn. but still, i still tip waiters for good service.
Yep. Happened when my mother and I went to lunch at BBQ (
laugh.gif
the food is good) a while back.

I hope some of yall clowns don't frequent the same joints over and over again not tipping.
laugh.gif

If you do,
laugh.gif
at expecting good service each time.

In your specific example, if you can find proof that only the black or minority customers were being charged that tax then that's clearly wrong and a legitimate issue. If you're just assuming based on a negative experience, then I can't agree with you there.

In regards to adding that tax for a table of 2, that's pretty ridiculous and I can understand your frustrations. However, they should indicate that on their menu and you should plan accordingly. If you don't subscribe to mandatory tips for that small of table, simply don't eat there. If you question them regarding their undisclosed policy and they fail to point out the stated gratuity, then you have a good case to complain and I wouldn't eat there anymore.

Tipping everywhere else to me isn't an issue of "societal pressure", it's simple payment for services. Bus boys, waiters, waitresses, will get paid below minimum wage with the expectation that you do indeed tip. Prices on the menu are lower with that fact in mind, and while the solution would be to raise prices across the board, it simply seems easier and more logical to tip instead. I also like the concept of tipping because it gives the workers incentive to do a better job, rather than getting paid the same flat rate regardless of the quality of their service. Others would argue, "well they should do their best regardless of the money they're receiving, I don't get tipped at my job", but as most of us who have worked a minimum paying job or at least have had experiences on a daily basis with those who work at that level, it's very easy to slack off or not do your best when you know you're only receiving 8 dollars/hour. Meanwhile waiters and waitresses know that poor service on their end will directly impact their own income, and they will attempt to provide a better experience than if no tips were involved.

man, i grew up thinking you tipped when your service was above average...

and the better it is, the better the tip

i dont just tip because you're supposed to tip...thats ******ed.

you live off tips? damn, that sucks, g. Maybe you should apply for a job outside of walking plates of food to people's tables, then, huh?

lol, yall gonna call ME cheap because i dont see the requirment of TIPPING someone for doing their joke of a job

yet

these dudes struggling to make ends meet as a server at fridays for 3.25 an hour is free from criticism?

you dont like being payed 3.25 an hour bro? there are other jobs.

wait, you love to brag about how you walked out of a 4 hour shift on friday with 250 cash, tho, right?

deal with it.

rilla, that happened to me at bdubs in miami.....i wasnt pressed, like you said, i was actually gonna leave homeboy more than they automatically took, but hey, yall automatically took the percentage you all felt was proper for this dudes tip...so have fun with that 2.45 cents....

delivery drivers, too

oh, i have to make a 10 dollar minimum order, when your entrees are 6 dollars, THEN there is a 2 dollar delivery charge, THEN you want a tip after that? lol, so im paying 15 bucks for a 6 dollar meal, bro?

NT can call me cheap, then.

i tip when the service is impressive. i tip when the person is cool. i tip if the weather is ridiculous.

i dont tip because of some unwritten rule that you have to tip

and i certainly dont tip because these geniuses make 3.25 an hour and LIVE OFF THE TIPS...

i went on a southern black college tour in the 10th grade. i was one of the older kids there. it was through i church i had never even seen, therefore i was the only person who didnt know ANYBODY

we went to red lobster. granted, we had a party of like 60....cool. we got a whole back room, and each server was responsible for like 2 tables of 4 kids....

i asked the broad for more napkins, lemon and ketchup WHEN I ORDERED MY FOOD....i got none of those things...i ate my food without lemon or ketchup and didnt get a refill on my soda

the bill comes

everyone at the tables are preparing their tip....and i guess looking at the next man's tip, too, cause i just remember a kid going "YOURE NOT GOING TO TIP?"

im like "naw, my service was horrible"

they go and tell the director of the trip

who comes over "YOURE NOT GOING TO TIP? THEY LIVE OFF OF TIPS!"

as a 10th grader, i am now loudly arguing, in public, with several kids and adults about why i wont tip

i just remember the server being around while im yelling "YO, MY SERVICE SUCKED, IF YOU WANNA TIP THIS BROAD, TIP HER, GET OFF MY ****, I STILL DONT HAVE NAPKINS...BUT I HAVE MY BILL"

remember, this is a church-sponsored tour....

LOL

EDIT:

IN RILLA'S DEFENSE....

black people ARE stereotyped as being $#!$!% tippers. that's a fact.

not saying this situation was racially motivated, just saying, don't jump on that one point he made.

Actually you are part of the problem and are helping enforce the "blacks don't tip" stereotype. Thanks homie. 

I hope you don't become known for not tipping at your regular spots tho.
sick.gif

You have a decent gripe but not tipping isn't the answer to that problem. 

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i heard of gratuity on a party of 4-5+ but 2? damn. but still, i still tip waiters for good service.
Yep. Happened when my mother and I went to lunch at BBQ (
laugh.gif
the food is good) a while back.

You know you dont have to pay that, its "Suggested", you can tell them to take it off. Cool down.

In your specific example, if you can find proof that only the black or minority customers were being charged that tax then that's clearly wrong and a legitimate issue. If you're just assuming based on a negative experience, then I can't agree with you there.

In regards to adding that tax for a table of 2, that's pretty ridiculous and I can understand your frustrations. However, they should indicate that on their menu and you should plan accordingly. If you don't subscribe to mandatory tips for that small of table, simply don't eat there. If you question them regarding their undisclosed policy and they fail to point out the stated gratuity, then you have a good case to complain and I wouldn't eat there anymore.

Tipping everywhere else to me isn't an issue of "societal pressure", it's simple payment for services. Bus boys, waiters, waitresses, will get paid below minimum wage with the expectation that you do indeed tip. Prices on the menu are lower with that fact in mind, and while the solution would be to raise prices across the board, it simply seems easier and more logical to tip instead. I also like the concept of tipping because it gives the workers incentive to do a better job, rather than getting paid the same flat rate regardless of the quality of their service. Others would argue, "well they should do their best regardless of the money they're receiving, I don't get tipped at my job", but as most of us who have worked a minimum paying job or at least have had experiences on a daily basis with those who work at that level, it's very easy to slack off or not do your best when you know you're only receiving 8 dollars/hour. Meanwhile waiters and waitresses know that poor service on their end will directly impact their own income, and they will attempt to provide a better experience than if no tips were involved.

I hope some of yall clowns don't frequent the same joints over and over again not tipping.
laugh.gif

If you do,
laugh.gif
at expecting good service each time.

wrote said this last time

if you're cheap, you're cheap.. all that so called justification is garbage

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Did you just brag about tipping under 12%??  and the only reason you gave it was cause she looked like she needed it?

laugh.gif
 Exactly...do you even know how to tip Rilla?
How high should one tip for horrible service? Are ya'll actively reading or just criticizing?

But you're ok with paying $32 for a lobster knowing that the some of the money will go to the server but you don't want to have to leave a tip on a $25 lobster??  What kind of service do you think you would get if the server knew they were working on "commission" and got paid no matter how bad they sucked??

Back
Top Bottom