I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Thank you Chunk. It really is hard being the guy that says, "Wait a minute....man hell nah. I WON'T TOLERATE IT." when it goes against expectations..
OK all e-beefing (
laugh.gif
) aside real quick. Did you really think that the reason they charged you gratuity is because you're black?

For someone who stays telling people to read the subtext, you have a lot of trouble reading plain text.
None of it matters! You're going to pay for it in the end, so there's no point in whining about it.
One way or another, the money is coming out of your pocket. Whether the company takes it, or the person who served you takes it (through cash or the satisfaction of spitting in your food), YOU pay.

AND you ordered Felicia when you decided to go to a sit-down restaurant, where service is part of the deal.
Look me in my eye and state your price then! That's all I'm asking. Don't back-door bill me! If you're cool with that, be cool with it. But I'm not. It's funny how much we hate back-door taxes with phone companies, housing, utilities, car financing, and all of the above and in between. But when it's about the +$*$ you put into your body to sustain life, it's no big deal. Cuz I'm wrong.... and cheap. Whatever.. I didn't order the Felicia. They ordered her to serve me. They should pay her what she's worth.

roll.gif

Why do you sound so hurt?
You are wrong, you are cheap, and you DID in fact order the Felicia for the exact reason I already posted.
I can also picture you ordering a side of pubic hair when you give Felicia an attitude.

For someone who stays telling people to read the subtext, you have a lot of trouble reading plain text.
None of it matters! You're going to pay for it in the end, so there's no point in whining about it.
One way or another, the money is coming out of your pocket. Whether the company takes it, or the person who served you takes it (through cash or the satisfaction of spitting in your food), YOU pay.

AND you ordered Felicia when you decided to go to a sit-down restaurant, where service is part of the deal.
Look me in my eye and state your price then! That's all I'm asking. Don't back-door bill me! If you're cool with that, be cool with it. But I'm not. It's funny how much we hate back-door taxes with phone companies, housing, utilities, car financing, and all of the above and in between. But when it's about the +$*$ you put into your body to sustain life, it's no big deal. Cuz I'm wrong.... and cheap. Whatever.. I didn't order the Felicia. They ordered her to serve me. They should pay her what she's worth.

roll.gif

Why do you sound so hurt?
You are wrong, you are cheap, and you DID in fact order the Felicia for the exact reason I already posted.
I can also picture you ordering a side of pubic hair when you give Felicia an attitude.

Thank you Chunk. It really is hard being the guy that says, "Wait a minute....man hell nah. I WON'T TOLERATE IT." when it goes against expectations..
OK all e-beefing (
laugh.gif
) aside real quick. Did you really think that the reason they charged you gratuity is because you're black?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Thank you for the answer. OP's TITLE SAYS "I WILL NEVER TIP AT A RESTAURANT EVER AGAIN" so i think he is getting at the fact that he is no longer tipping anymore ever out of principle
maybe it's because he's brave enough to not support a system he seems faulty. 
ohwell.gif

the way he got there was by thinking about it, which most people don't.

I feel the same way he does, but honestly I'm just too insecure to do it.

I don't think "not tipping" is going to change the system tomorrow, and I dont want to take the "society L" and look like a jerk, or even worse, broke by my female companions, 

but at least I'm honest about it 
laugh.gif
Cool he is brave.
Yes society has made it this way
But it isn't forced upon you as much as people make it seem really there are a ton of alternatives (fast food, chipotle, panera, other restaurants that don't have servers) 
People are acting like this is the war in Libya or the National budget crisis.

Again i don't see a problem with leave 15% if you had a good server.  Or 10% if you had a bad time.  Or even 0 tip if it was terrible service.  But to not tip in an attempt to "fight the system" or whatever righteous thing you think you are doing is stupid.  It is a service industry, the service doesn't need to be rendered upon you.  Just don't go in there go somewhere else

Thank you for the answer. OP's TITLE SAYS "I WILL NEVER TIP AT A RESTAURANT EVER AGAIN" so i think he is getting at the fact that he is no longer tipping anymore ever out of principle
maybe it's because he's brave enough to not support a system he seems faulty. 
ohwell.gif

the way he got there was by thinking about it, which most people don't.

I feel the same way he does, but honestly I'm just too insecure to do it.

I don't think "not tipping" is going to change the system tomorrow, and I dont want to take the "society L" and look like a jerk, or even worse, broke by my female companions, 

but at least I'm honest about it 
laugh.gif
Cool he is brave.
But it isn't forced upon you as much as people make it seem really there are a ton of alternatives (fast food, chipotle, panera, other restaurants that don't have servers) 

Again i don't see a problem with leave 15% if you had a good server.  Or 10% if you had a bad time.  Or even 0 tip if it was terrible service.  But to not tip in an attempt to "fight the system" or whatever righteous thing you think you are doing is stupid.  It is a service industry, the service doesn't need to be rendered upon you.  Just don't go in there go somewhere else

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

real talk? more like idiot talk.. because grocery baggers do get tips.. and you actually think that in 4 hours you can make a $100.00?? please.. it shows you have no common sense or know anything about making money... probably a rich kid.. thinking he's so much better than everyone else.. just dont be surprised if your serves spitts in your food, cause you are a douche.. cause you probably deserve it
  I tip for only good service, I do not feel forced to tip. I am completely against a forced 17% gratuity because it leads to servers taking the wage for granted. Don't tell me I dont know anything about making money, unless you can prove you know more. For the record, I know of waiters who worked at Outback Steakhouse that had 400-450 dollar days on saturday 8 hour shifts. The math is simple, if 17% is forced on each meal regardless of the service then 200$ worth of meals an hour will result in over 34 dollars of tip money. 200/hr is being modest, I ate there with just my girl and the bill was 52 dollars and we dont drink liquor. Even if 5 dollars is given to the busboy and host thats still great money especially since tips are only taxed on what you report.

i agree with you on that, you tip for good service.. but you think that everywhere is the same as outback?? we all know thats a bunch of BS right there. yeah tips are only taxed on what you report, but some restaurants do tip share. where everyone else gets the same amount. so claiming someone makes 400-450 dollars on a saturday, doesnt count for everyone. so yeah, if you could make 400-450 dollars in 8 hours, dont you think more people would become a server? you're forgetting that customers can stay for an hour and leave you 20 dollars.. great, but then you also have customers that come in stay for an hour and leave you 50 cents..

where everyone says im not forced to pay a tip, true.. but the food you are eating is probably cheaper, because the restaurants knows that if they put up regular prices that no one will pay for a tip..

and Boost... i thought you had more class than that.. writing on the receipt 'stay in school"... sorry, but that just makes you an idiot.. cause you dont know why these people are in school..yet you judge them, based on the 30 minutes they serve you. not everyone is rich to pay off their school in one time, some actually have to work for their money. Being in school, working as a server is easiest with the hours you make..

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

real talk? more like idiot talk.. because grocery baggers do get tips.. and you actually think that in 4 hours you can make a $100.00?? please.. it shows you have no common sense or know anything about making money... probably a rich kid.. thinking he's so much better than everyone else.. just dont be surprised if your serves spitts in your food, cause you are a douche.. cause you probably deserve it
  I tip for only good service, I do not feel forced to tip. I am completely against a forced 17% gratuity because it leads to servers taking the wage for granted. Don't tell me I dont know anything about making money, unless you can prove you know more. For the record, I know of waiters who worked at Outback Steakhouse that had 400-450 dollar days on saturday 8 hour shifts. The math is simple, if 17% is forced on each meal regardless of the service then 200$ worth of meals an hour will result in over 34 dollars of tip money. 200/hr is being modest, I ate there with just my girl and the bill was 52 dollars and we dont drink liquor. Even if 5 dollars is given to the busboy and host thats still great money especially since tips are only taxed on what you report.

i agree with you on that, you tip for good service.. but you think that everywhere is the same as outback?? we all know thats a bunch of BS right there. yeah tips are only taxed on what you report, but some restaurants do tip share. where everyone else gets the same amount. so claiming someone makes 400-450 dollars on a saturday, doesnt count for everyone. so yeah, if you could make 400-450 dollars in 8 hours, dont you think more people would become a server? you're forgetting that customers can stay for an hour and leave you 20 dollars.. great, but then you also have customers that come in stay for an hour and leave you 50 cents..

where everyone says im not forced to pay a tip, true.. but the food you are eating is probably cheaper, because the restaurants knows that if they put up regular prices that no one will pay for a tip..

and Boost... i thought you had more class than that.. writing on the receipt 'stay in school"... sorry, but that just makes you an idiot.. cause you dont know why these people are in school..yet you judge them, based on the 30 minutes they serve you. not everyone is rich to pay off their school in one time, some actually have to work for their money. Being in school, working as a server is easiest with the hours you make..

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

OK all e-beefing (
laugh.gif
You don't know my area. You'd have to understand that my city is 88% black in one of THEE most racist states left in America. Everyone in the 219 area knows Merrillville/Shererville are racist about certain things. It's not far fetched to assume, at all. Or maybe they just profiled me because I was handing in an application -- despite the fact that I was in a blazer, rocking cologne, and dining WITH someone. Either way, whatever their subjective rubric was, it was foul either way you spin in. But you'r still lame as **#$. Don't think that just because you got argued out of chewing on my Jonesmaker that I didn't notice your back tracking into my good graces by asking me a legitimate question in line with the thread topic.

Why are you mad over $2.and some damn change?

If the service is good I alway tip 10% on top of gratuity. If the service sucks all they are getting is the gratuity.

OK all e-beefing (
laugh.gif
You don't know my area. You'd have to understand that my city is 88% black in one of THEE most racist states left in America. Everyone in the 219 area knows Merrillville/Shererville are racist about certain things. It's not far fetched to assume, at all. Or maybe they just profiled me because I was handing in an application -- despite the fact that I was in a blazer, rocking cologne, and dining WITH someone. Either way, whatever their subjective rubric was, it was foul either way you spin in. But you'r still lame as **#$. Don't think that just because you got argued out of chewing on my Jonesmaker that I didn't notice your back tracking into my good graces by asking me a legitimate question in line with the thread topic.

Why are you mad over $2.and some damn change?

If the service is good I alway tip 10% on top of gratuity. If the service sucks all they are getting is the gratuity.

I read through the thread, and some of the logic in here is disgusting.

Why are you guys saying all of these servers and waiters are "uneducated" or not in school, etc?

Yes, I'm sure some of them did drop out of college and what not, but some of you fools forget that not everyone has the resources to attend college.

Waiters, bell hops, valets, etc. are all services in the UNITED STATES that work mainly off tips.....hence their hourly wages are SET below the minimum wage because, yes you are EXPECTED to tip unless your service is awful.

I do not agree with restaurants already adding in gratuity, especially when it's not a party over 6 people.

But ,you can't sit here and argue "I have a masters degree, where are my tips?!"

Son are you serious? You're not making $2.13 an hour and have 80% of your wages depend on people like you who have no reasonable logic.

Also, yeah people work at McDonalds and may work twice as hard and not make as much as a waiter does, but it is their choice to work in the fast food industry.

If you ever do go to a 4 or 5 star restaurant and don't tip, please don't even bother replying.

I still see ya'lls logic in not tipping or whatnot, but you're just arguing against society. It's like driving on the wrong side of the road because you feel the right side isn't the correct way to travel." %%$* makes no sense.

I read through the thread, and some of the logic in here is disgusting.

Why are you guys saying all of these servers and waiters are "uneducated" or not in school, etc?

Yes, I'm sure some of them did drop out of college and what not, but some of you fools forget that not everyone has the resources to attend college.

Waiters, bell hops, valets, etc. are all services in the UNITED STATES that work mainly off tips.....hence their hourly wages are SET below the minimum wage because, yes you are EXPECTED to tip unless your service is awful.

I do not agree with restaurants already adding in gratuity, especially when it's not a party over 6 people.

But ,you can't sit here and argue "I have a masters degree, where are my tips?!"

Son are you serious? You're not making $2.13 an hour and have 80% of your wages depend on people like you who have no reasonable logic.

Also, yeah people work at McDonalds and may work twice as hard and not make as much as a waiter does, but it is their choice to work in the fast food industry.

If you ever do go to a 4 or 5 star restaurant and don't tip, please don't even bother replying.

I still see ya'lls logic in not tipping or whatnot, but you're just arguing against society. It's like driving on the wrong side of the road because you feel the right side isn't the correct way to travel." %%$* makes no sense.

But you'r still lame as **#$. Don't think that just because you got argued out of chewing on my Jonesmaker that I didn't notice your back tracking into my good graces by asking me a legitimate question in line with the thread topic.
Slap. Race card. I actually just wanted to stop trolling and ask a real question, but let me just repost what I posted before to let you know how I feel about you.

What's pathetic to me is trying to justify not tipping. "I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again" is pathetic to me. Crying racism because of the AUTOMATICALLY ADDED gratuity is pathetic to me. That's real life. This is internet. Get it?

But you'r still lame as **#$. Don't think that just because you got argued out of chewing on my Jonesmaker that I didn't notice your back tracking into my good graces by asking me a legitimate question in line with the thread topic.
Slap. Race card. I actually just wanted to stop trolling and ask a real question, but let me just repost what I posted before to let you know how I feel about you.

What's pathetic to me is trying to justify not tipping. "I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again" is pathetic to me. Crying racism because of the AUTOMATICALLY ADDED gratuity is pathetic to me. That's real life. This is internet. Get it?

on what planet is food in a resturaunt cheaper?

oh, you mean cheaper than it would be if we actually paid our employees?

roll.gif

you dudes lose at losing.

like this genius comment

KINDA LIKE THE WAITER'S CHOICE TO WORK IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY, WHERE YOU RUN THE RISK OF NOT BEING TIPPED SINCE ITS A VOLUNTARY PROCESS

roll.gif

i say "uneducated" to highlight the fact that people can, without any education whatsoever, work in the service industry and make 30-50 dollars an hour in CASH daily....with absolutely no education....

im not saying that to put them down, im actually talking their industry and job up...what other job besides stripper can you make 50 an hour without so much as a GED?

on what planet is food in a resturaunt cheaper?

oh, you mean cheaper than it would be if we actually paid our employees?

roll.gif

you dudes lose at losing.

like this genius comment

KINDA LIKE THE WAITER'S CHOICE TO WORK IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY, WHERE YOU RUN THE RISK OF NOT BEING TIPPED SINCE ITS A VOLUNTARY PROCESS

roll.gif

i say "uneducated" to highlight the fact that people can, without any education whatsoever, work in the service industry and make 30-50 dollars an hour in CASH daily....with absolutely no education....

im not saying that to put them down, im actually talking their industry and job up...what other job besides stripper can you make 50 an hour without so much as a GED?

Aww, you have "feelings" about me. That's so sweet. I've never felt any particular way about the NTers I don't call by their first name, do business with, or have a number for, but maybe I've been doing it wrong. Give me a hug man. Let's go out to eat some time.

Cool he is brave.

2echswm.gif

Aww, you have "feelings" about me. That's so sweet. I've never felt any particular way about the NTers I don't call by their first name, do business with, or have a number for, but maybe I've been doing it wrong. Give me a hug man. Let's go out to eat some time.

Back
Top Bottom