I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

It's a lot of justified everything going on bro.. namely flaming..as in, these flaming homosexuals infatuated with my Richie. #Woops

damn. he found out were all %+*%% guys. lets pack up and leave. 

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

It's a lot of justified everything going on bro.. namely flaming..as in, these flaming homosexuals infatuated with my Richie. #Woops

damn. he found out were all %+*%% guys. lets pack up and leave. 

I was going to write a whole rebuttal to the OP but then I realized I shouldn't try to argue with someone who's just going to rationalize everything until he's right.

OP is cheap and needs to work a restaurant job to get some perspective. /thread

Edit:
Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The stereotyping of black people in here is disgusting.
Yes, it is wrong to stereotype any race. Not all black people are bad tippers. When I worked in a restaurant I had my share of excellent tippers who were black but no one who has ever worked in a restaurant will deny that a large percentage of non/!#%%!* tippers are black regardless of the level of services rendered.

I was going to write a whole rebuttal to the OP but then I realized I shouldn't try to argue with someone who's just going to rationalize everything until he's right.

Edit:
Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The stereotyping of black people in here is disgusting.
Yes, it is wrong to stereotype any race. Not all black people are bad tippers. When I worked in a restaurant I had my share of excellent tippers who were black but no one who has ever worked in a restaurant will deny that a large percentage of non/!#%%!* tippers are black regardless of the level of services rendered.

Originally Posted by BAMFA

What does cheap mean and why is that the first rebuttal when someone doesn't feel they need to spend money in a situation? Even thought he specifically said the $ isn't the issue.

What does cheap mean and why is that the first rebuttal when someone doesn't feel they need to spend money in a situation? Even thought he specifically said the $ isn't the issue.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Clubs do that non-sense now to. I ordered a round and got slapped with a 18% gratuity? I left no extra tip and drew a penis climaxing as my sig and eventually got kicked out for it. I dont think its racial but TIPs should be EARNED not EXPECTED.
laugh.gif
  You make a good point about earning your tips, but honestly do you think most servers love or even enjoy their job?  Safe to say no.
Therefore, they know they can slack off and give you awful service and still get a tip.  Regardless, tips are expected in American society and culture, it's just a matter of what you would like to tip for their service, either 15% for poor or 20-25% for excellent service.  

Clubs do that non-sense now to. I ordered a round and got slapped with a 18% gratuity? I left no extra tip and drew a penis climaxing as my sig and eventually got kicked out for it. I dont think its racial but TIPs should be EARNED not EXPECTED.
laugh.gif
  You make a good point about earning your tips, but honestly do you think most servers love or even enjoy their job?  Safe to say no.
Therefore, they know they can slack off and give you awful service and still get a tip.  Regardless, tips are expected in American society and culture, it's just a matter of what you would like to tip for their service, either 15% for poor or 20-25% for excellent service.  

Went to Fridays last Sunday and had some rude @$* white guy. He seemed annoyed every time i would ask a question. I complained to the manager and he sent over some black chick. Not sure if it was a racial thing or if the manager told her to be extra nice but her service was on point. Left her a $25 tip on a $40 just outta spite.

Went to Fridays last Sunday and had some rude @$* white guy. He seemed annoyed every time i would ask a question. I complained to the manager and he sent over some black chick. Not sure if it was a racial thing or if the manager told her to be extra nice but her service was on point. Left her a $25 tip on a $40 just outta spite.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Money wasn't the issue but he got offended at the gratuity right? Gratuity was added, OP felt it was racism and got mad. If he WOULD have tipped more than that amount anyway then what is the problem? He was applying for a restaurant job so he obviously knows the score.

Edit: I said cheap because in the United States, tipping is the normal thing to do whether or not you like it. I've given no tip to horrible rude servers before and I've given great tips to amazing servicepeople. If you complain about having to tip or go off on how you paid for your food and that should be it then you just don't get the point of going out to restaurants at all.

Money wasn't the issue but he got offended at the gratuity right? Gratuity was added, OP felt it was racism and got mad. If he WOULD have tipped more than that amount anyway then what is the problem? He was applying for a restaurant job so he obviously knows the score.

Edit: I said cheap because in the United States, tipping is the normal thing to do whether or not you like it. I've given no tip to horrible rude servers before and I've given great tips to amazing servicepeople. If you complain about having to tip or go off on how you paid for your food and that should be it then you just don't get the point of going out to restaurants at all.

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

laugh.gif
And that is what OP is saying. People expect to get tipped. They feel entitled, even though they might not have earned it. Why is someone viewed as a bad person if their service was piss-poor and they didn't tip? I don't understand that approach at all. I thought it was supposed to be something EARNED.

As OP said, people tip a lot of times just so they won't be "that person."

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

laugh.gif
And that is what OP is saying. People expect to get tipped. They feel entitled, even though they might not have earned it. Why is someone viewed as a bad person if their service was piss-poor and they didn't tip? I don't understand that approach at all. I thought it was supposed to be something EARNED.

As OP said, people tip a lot of times just so they won't be "that person."

So people are forced to be waiters/waitresses?
More times then not you applied for that job knowing what the business was..

dont like it wash dishes or clean bathrooms
laugh.gif

So people are forced to be waiters/waitresses?
More times then not you applied for that job knowing what the business was..

dont like it wash dishes or clean bathrooms
laugh.gif

10$ tip is min no matter where i go. but if its a higher bill i tip no less than 25%.. thats just me.. same goes with delivery $5 tip unless its a big order... i hate cheap people and would never want to be that dude thats cheap. plus i bartend and i know the feeling.. but in the industry you can tell who is tippin and who aint.

10$ tip is min no matter where i go. but if its a higher bill i tip no less than 25%.. thats just me.. same goes with delivery $5 tip unless its a big order... i hate cheap people and would never want to be that dude thats cheap. plus i bartend and i know the feeling.. but in the industry you can tell who is tippin and who aint.

Originally Posted by John2st

So you can tell who is tipping and who isn't at what point? Once they walk in the door? If so, how so?

If a place that didn't normally add gratuity added it to my bill I would lose it. If the service was trash I would be sure to let the manager know. If you know ahead of time it automatically is going to be added its play at your own risk at that point.

That said I understand what you're talking about OP.

If a place that didn't normally add gratuity added it to my bill I would lose it. If the service was trash I would be sure to let the manager know. If you know ahead of time it automatically is going to be added its play at your own risk at that point.

That said I understand what you're talking about OP.

So you can tell who is tipping and who isn't at what point? Once they walk in the door? If so, how so?

roll.gif
I know this wasn't to me but I used to bartend/wait. Take it to a PM if you really want to know. Can't keep it real in the thread without a ****storm

Back
Top Bottom