I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by John2st

10$ tip is min no matter where i go. but if its a higher bill i tip no less than 25%.. thats just me.. same goes with delivery $5 tip unless its a big order... i hate cheap people and would never want to be that dude thats cheap. plus i bartend and i know the feeling.. but in the industry you can tell who is tippin and who aint.
So you can tell who is tipping and who isn't at what point? Once they walk in the door? If so, how so?
roll.gif
I know this wasn't to me but I used to bartend/wait. Take it to a PM if you really want to know. Can't keep it real in the thread without a ****storm

Man just keep it PG-13. Say what you want to say man. How can you look at someone and now if they will tip.

Man just keep it PG-13. Say what you want to say man. How can you look at someone and now if they will tip.

Anyone who looks/sounds foreign.

Kids.

Old people who drink a lotta coffee.

Loud/Roudy teenagers

Teenagers

People who dress trailer parky/ low-income / "ghetto"

People who ask why the prices are so high for drinks, or are too focused on the drink menu.

and half the time it's just the swagger of the person walking in. It's something you just figure out after working in the industry.

Kids.

Loud/Roudy teenagers

Teenagers

People who ask why the prices are so high for drinks, or are too focused on the drink menu.

and half the time it's just the swagger of the person walking in. It's something you just figure out after working in the industry.

Originally Posted by BAMFA

10$ tip is min no matter where i go. but if its a higher bill i tip no less than 25%.. thats just me.. same goes with delivery $5 tip unless its a big order... i hate cheap people and would never want to be that dude thats cheap. plus i bartend and i know the feeling.. but in the industry you can tell who is tippin and who aint.
So you can tell who is tipping and who isn't at what point? Once they walk in the door? If so, how so?
roll.gif
I know this wasn't to me but I used to bartend/wait. Take it to a PM if you really want to know. Can't keep it real in the thread without a storm
that's how it is on nt.  dudes get butthurt and reach over the littlest things

roll.gif
I know this wasn't to me but I used to bartend/wait. Take it to a PM if you really want to know. Can't keep it real in the thread without a storm
that's how it is on nt.  dudes get butthurt and reach over the littlest things

do people have arguments like this about tips in real life?
no one i know has a problem with tipping.  i've only seen it here.  i feel like nt exists in its own dimension sometimes.

do people have arguments like this about tips in real life?
no one i know has a problem with tipping.  i've only seen it here.  i feel like nt exists in its own dimension sometimes.

Kids.

Loud/Roudy teenagers

Teenagers

laugh.gif

Kids.

Loud/Roudy teenagers

Teenagers

laugh.gif

Someone is cheap because they don't feel the need to pay more for something than the price plus tax? So, should I give extra money to any other business so that I don't come off as "cheap"?

Someone is cheap because they don't feel the need to pay more for something than the price plus tax? So, should I give extra money to any other business so that I don't come off as "cheap"?

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Waiters are paid less than minimum wage, to make up for that they are allowed to receive tips.
You need to be clear with statements like this. Some states don't have a state minimum wage, but any establishment is required to pay federal minimum wage. When I went to school in Pullman, Washington, if we ate out in Idaho (just across the border) I'd tip bigger because they were paid based on federal requirements...in Washington, I tipped less.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Waiters are paid less than minimum wage, to make up for that they are allowed to receive tips.
You need to be clear with statements like this. Some states don't have a state minimum wage, but any establishment is required to pay federal minimum wage. When I went to school in Pullman, Washington, if we ate out in Idaho (just across the border) I'd tip bigger because they were paid based on federal requirements...in Washington, I tipped less.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I'm going to assume you're Korean because of your name (correct me if I'm wrong), and I realize that leaving a tip in Korea is considered insulting. Do you think that your view on tipping comes from your Korean background?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I'm going to assume you're Korean because of your name (correct me if I'm wrong), and I realize that leaving a tip in Korea is considered insulting. Do you think that your view on tipping comes from your Korean background?

Back
Top Bottom