If Diggy ethers J. Cole, is he the G.O.A.T.?

Originally Posted by Dimelo

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by i lik3 sho3s

lol@ ppl thinking krit and kl is on cole's level. come on y'all.......

I'm a huge Cole fan, but you have got to be trolling.

If Krit or Kendrick Lamar put out an album today it would flop

Doesn't change the fact that I would rather listen to Kritt or Kendrick 7 days out of 7 before I listened to Jermaine.

And I Like Cole.but y'all are G'ing his status up... It came from Shawns co-sign, being on Shawn & Wale's lps as well as Kanye's good friday... His features/star power is more a result of his management than his ability bro don't get that confused.

For the life of me I cant understand how y'all listen to Kendrick Lamar, I heard 5 tracks of Section 80 before I couldn't take it no more. Son's offbeat flow + voice is hella annoying to me.

But anyways I think Krit and Cole are about at the same level (not popularity wise, just the music)

indifferent.gif
Do album sales really matter?

People said the same about Cole...

You'd probably be surprised...

I'm glad to see ppl are calling out this insane ridiculousness now before it gets out of hand later.

So tired of stans trying to overnight a rapper's status in to the stratosphere.

I'm a big Cole fan but to say he's ahead of everyone is a joke. The music does not support that statement.
Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Good ol' NT. If you like something you're a "D rider" and if you dislike something you're a "hater". Hate is the new love huh?
If you're saying Cole is better than every other "new era" rapper given the pool of talent and they're not on his level then yes you're a D-rider and a big one at that.
Tell me why he isn't. I've stated my opinions with a better argument than "he's just not the best" that's been provided in this thread by many. I'm not just throwing empty statements out there and open to hear why other artists are better. But, have yet to hear it and you did nothing, but prove my point in the quote.
I already refuted your point about his versatility and said why.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real. KRIT and KL >>>> Cole

Oh the hypocrisy in this thread.
laugh.gif
And I standby my statement. Krit and Kendrick are really dope as well, but I still don't think they're touching J. Cole yet. Cole can get on any type of track with any artist and hold his own if not out shine them. Cole has come far as an artist and has proven his worth and ability to sell records with The Sideline Story and is extremely talented. So, if you guys really do think that Krit and KL are more developed and better than Cole please shed light on something that I missed....
nerd.gif
Cole being more popular/having more money/being more successful, definitely. Bar for bar and purely music...no...no
laugh.gif

You honestly gave the "you just hatin cause he gettin money" argument.
selling records = a non-factor...we're talking about talent
and Kendrick has a VERY well developed flow and if you have listened to Section.80 I don't see how you would say that.

Cole can't do a Rigamortis and just flat out musically Blow My High, ADHD, Spiteful Chant, Ronald Reagan Era are better SONGS than anything i've heard from J. Cole, but these are all opinions at the end of the day.  

I gotta listen to Krit and Kendrick Lamar because I hold Cole in pretty hi regard also as THE top young sputter in the game.

Lotta dudes claiming krit and kl are on the level or better, I need to hear this for myself .

Originally Posted by MJsaver

I gotta listen to Krit and Kendrick Lamar because I hold Cole in pretty hi regard also as THE top young sputter in the game.

Lotta dudes claiming krit and kl are on the level or better, I need to hear this for myself .

two competing factors in here....

on one hand i agree mostly with what Roc the jordans is sayin...he is backing up his OPINION pretty well

on the other hand the cats sayin things like "not on Cole's level" is OD...

Cole hasnt really done a whole lot or separated himself from the pack like that to deserve that kinda a verbage or acclaim some of yall are trying to give him

so Stans yall gotta be a lil more objective...its cool to big him up...but homie aint just a giant over his peers yet.

IMO he is better than kendrick as an overall artist...still havent got used to KL voice yet and he is too in love with the rappity rap..

KRIT n Cole neck and neck...they outshine each other in producing and rapping.

To the ppl who don't even listen to the other rappers they're claiming Cole is better than you should not talk at all. Ignorance.

Out of Cole, KL, and KRIT only one you can really say is a bit above the others is KL. You dudes tryna downplay Cole to balance out the riding. 

How can anybody say Kendrick is above anybody...like seriously? what does he do better than krit or cole? Rhyme a whole bunch of words and syllables huh

if Kendrick is the best outta those three then Eminem is better than Jay-Z and Nas.

Section 80 was raw...but all that rhyming just to rhyme can only carry u so far...

^ Section 80 had good music on it. Definitely not rhyming just to rhyme. I'd suggest you listen again.

i give section 80 its props...and Lamar is good at rapping but so is Gibbs, his last tape was just as impressive and Dom Kennedy had more songs wit replay value on his record than Section 80 and he is about as average as they come at rapping

laugh.gif
Forget it. You started off giving props and then went on to completely take it back.

Cuz ppl say the same shh you saying about Kendrick about Cole and I feel that way when it comes to Krit. So I won't even waste my time.

If you don't like dude's music and you made up your mind just say so.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

How can anybody say Kendrick is above anybody...like seriously? what does he do better than krit or cole? Rhyme a whole bunch of words and syllables huh

if Kendrick is the best outta those three then Eminem is better than Jay-Z and Nas.

Section 80 was raw...but all that rhyming just to rhyme can only carry u so far...

.....says the person with J cole and big krit in his avy.....

Cole is incredibly talent. Kendrick is incredibly talented. Kritt is incredibly talented. Who's better is just a matter of preference. I rocks with all three heavy and Am incredibly excited and optimistic that we have three young cats in the game with such immense talent.

Cole and KRIT aren't Jay-Z and Nas though, so I fail to see your point. They all have content, KL is more creative, has better concepts when it comes to his songs, his wordplay is better. Out of all 3 KRIT is my favorite to listen to, but you'd be a fool to not recognize KL's talent. 

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Cole is incredibly talent. Kendrick is incredibly talented. Kritt is incredibly talented. Who's better is just a matter of preference. I rocks with all three heavy and Am incredibly excited and optimistic that we have three young cats in the game with such immense talent.

This.
pimp.gif

truthfully, (and dont let this derail anything) but Em IS BETTER than EVERYBODY. he just doesnt make good music, thus hes no longer ranked as high as he could/should be. Lupe too (as far as skills)
and what songs yall like on section 80 anyway? i wasnt feelin it too much. 

Back
Top Bottom