If Diggy ethers J. Cole, is he the G.O.A.T.?

The Simmons & Atlantic doing anything to shadow son just did 22k with a big female following 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

^Didn't they go to school years ago before Cole even made it big?
laugh.gif

even still she saw him getting bigger and possibly mentioned to fam i know that guy we had classes together

doesn't matter when it was...

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't see it. Rev Run said the song was old so that's what I'm going off of. So grew up fast isn't in the time frame of this song. For them to think purple rain is a diss to them is ridiculous to me. And I feel yall are reaching what's the odds of Vanessa remembering Cole from school unless they had some type of friendly relationship or more.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

There's not even a close second.
Gotta love opinions.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real. KRIT and KL >>>> Cole

Oh the hypocrisy in this thread.
laugh.gif
And I standby my statement. Krit and Kendrick are really dope as well, but I still don't think they're touching J. Cole yet. Cole can get on any type of track with any artist and hold his own if not out shine them. Cole has come far as an artist and has proven his worth and ability to sell records with The Sideline Story and is extremely talented. So, if you guys really do think that Krit and KL are more developed and better than Cole please shed light on something that I missed....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Yeah you Cole D riders have to chill
laugh.gif
Good ol' NT. If you like something you're a "D rider" and if you dislike something you're a "hater". Hate is the new love huh?

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Gotta love opinions.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
And I standby my statement. Krit and Kendrick are really dope as well, but I still don't think they're touching J. Cole yet. Cole can get on any type of track with any artist and hold his own if not out shine them. Cole has come far as an artist and has proven his worth and ability to sell records with The Sideline Story and is extremely talented. So, if you guys really do think that Krit and KL are more developed and better than Cole please shed light on something that I missed....
nerd.gif
Cole being more popular/having more money/being more successful, definitely. Bar for bar and purely music...no...no
laugh.gif

You honestly gave the "you just hatin cause he gettin money" argument.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Cole being more popular/having more money/being more successful, definitely. Bar for bar and purely music...no...no
laugh.gif

You honestly gave the "you just hatin cause he gettin money" argument.
Not sure if serious.....I didn't mention money once or call anyone a hater once. Actually, my stance was open minded in that last post.  I never said the numbers he put up is what makes him great, but that shouldn't be ignored either. All I asked was for someone to tell me why my statement was so laughable. But, clearly you're not the person that can supply that.
roll.gif
Great rebuttal though.

Nah, in reference to your first part (where you said they aren't touching Cole yet), I was giving that the money/success/popularity is the reason for that,
but purely when it comes to music, they are both better than him. That's really the only thing that keeps them behind Cole from an overall standpoint.

Nah, in reference to your first part (where you said they aren't touching Cole yet), I was giving that the money/success/popularity is the reason for that,
but purely when it comes to music, they are both better than him. That's really the only thing that keeps them behind Cole from an overall standpoint.

I was referring to him musically. I'm not one of those guys that think album sales=talent. Hell Blu & Exile Below the Heavens is one of/ if not my favorite album of all time. I was referring to his versatility as an artist ever since The Come Up. J. Cole's ability to stay true to his sound and grow lyrically and as an artist is what makes me think he is the best out right now. His ability to get on a song like Miguel- "sure thing" and or get on a track like Looking for trouble/star is born/beautiful bliss with other great rappers and hold his own. But, not only that he's also able to produce a song like HiiiPower which is my favorite song from Kendrick, and I loved that song prior to having any knowledge of Cole producing it. My point about the album sales was that Cole was able to maintain his sound and be successful with it. Don't understand the logic of knocking him for his accomplishments. With all that said I still think J. Cole is the best even if Sideline Story only sold 2 albums I'd feel the same way. But, that wasn't the case and people do recognize true talent and his sales reflected that.

laugh.gif
Good ol' NT. If you like something you're a "D rider" and if you dislike something you're a "hater". Hate is the new love huh?
If you're saying Cole is better than every other "new era" rapper given the pool of talent and they're not on his level then yes you're a D-rider and a big one at that.

You talking about his versatility but just cuz you rap on different kind of songs doesn't mean you're great at them and I'm a Cole fan but it really does seem cuz a @#%%+ got a gold album stans are trying to push him in this upper echelon status that even he knows he's not in yet.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
If you're saying Cole is better than every other "new era" rapper given the pool of talent and they're not on his level then yes you're a D-rider and a big one at that.
Tell me why he isn't. I've stated my opinions with a better argument than "he's just not the best" that's been provided in this thread by many. I'm not just throwing empty statements out there and open to hear why other artists are better. But, have yet to hear it and you did nothing, but prove my point in the quote.

I was referring to him musically. I'm not one of those guys that think album sales=talent. Hell Blu & Exile Below the Heavens is one of/ if not my favorite album of all time. I was referring to his versatility as an artist ever since The Come Up. J. Cole's ability to stay true to his sound and grow lyrically and as an artist is what makes me think he is the best out right now. His ability to get on a song like Miguel- "sure thing" and or get on a track like Looking for trouble/star is born/beautiful bliss with other great rappers and hold his own. But, not only that he's also able to produce a song like HiiiPower which is my favorite song from Kendrick, and I loved that song prior to having any knowledge of Cole producing it. My point about the album sales was that Cole was able to maintain his sound and be successful with it. Don't understand the logic of knocking him for his accomplishments. With all that said I still think J. Cole is the best even if Sideline Story only sold 2 albums I'd feel the same way. But, that wasn't the case and people do recognize true talent and his sales reflected that.
I get what you're saying, but based on that, you could sub Wale's name in there and there really wouldn't be a difference. Cole can rap his %@^ off, but I feel that's about it. He does have some good
content, but to me he comes off as rapping just to rap, where as KL and Krit provide true feeling and soul in their music that makes their stuff more than just songs on an album. HiiiPower is definitely

a favorite song of mine, but outside of "Nobody's Perfect", it was pretty odd that Cole didn't make a single beat like that for his own album. And as far as the different songs he gets on, that's the Wale

comparison again -- just cause you get on a bunch of different songs, doesn't necessarily make you diverse, it just means you have the opportunity to get an a bunch of different stuff. Not knocking Cole

at all for his success, cause I love new rappers coming out who actually rap and build themselves up to be successful, but strictly boiling down to the beats and rhymes, I just don't think Cole has anything

on KL and Krit. So in terms of the whole "not even a close 2nd" thing, I can only see that as being a new rapper with a lot of popularity and success, not on the actual music. What other new artists in the

past 2 years can fit into that same category? Wale, Big Sean, Drake and Wiz Khalifa. That could go into a whole different thread though.  

I just think you lames are giving J. Cole WAAAAY more credit than he has earned. That's all.

And to the fools actually taking this Diggy vs. J. Cole @*%* seriously... c'mon
laugh.gif

I get what you're saying, but based on that, you could sub Wale's name in there and there really wouldn't be a difference. Cole can rap his %@^ off, but I feel that's about it. He does have some good
content, but to me he comes off as rapping just to rap, where as KL and Krit provide true feeling and soul in their music that makes their stuff more than just songs on an album.

I respect everyone's opinion and can entertain the KL and Krit argument, but don't ever mention Wale in the same sentence as those three. Cole had the best verse on Attention Deficit.

EDIT: Are we really questioning their motives behind rapping. And true feeling and soul in their music? Have you heard Lost Ones?

I just think you lames are giving J. Cole WAAAAY more credit than he has earned. That's all.

laugh.gif

According to who's standards? You have not added one thing to this thread.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by i lik3 sho3s

lol@ ppl thinking krit and kl is on cole's level. come on y'all.......

maybe not bar for bar, but Krit's overall product is just as good.

To say cole respects his elders is a false statement.

He doesn't diss them..but he treats em like they're competition

laugh.gif

According to who's standards? You have not added one thing to this thread.
tired.gif
Bro, do I seriously have to elaborate on how you're giving him WAY more credit than he deserves by saying there's no close second in the "new-era" of rap? which isn't saying much at all in the first place... 
Don't get me wrong I like a few Cole tracks. I don't know if I could call myself a Cole fan, though. But seriously you @#+%!! are hanging from dudes ballsack in this thread

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by i lik3 sho3s

lol@ ppl thinking krit and kl is on cole's level. come on y'all.......

I'm a huge Cole fan, but you have got to be trolling.

If Krit or Kendrick Lamar put out an album today it would flop

Back
Top Bottom