If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Remi23

what? ur joking right?

Kid Cudi Album was Not RAP Sir.
not that... about common writing it...

its listed as alternative rap... im not too big on the whole boxing things in so i dont care what genre its in but it was better than every rap album released in 2009...
laugh.gif
So now we comparing non-rap albums to rap albums? The album was trash, therefore this opinion is as well.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

He was basically running with the "everyday man" style that was popping in the early 90's prior to West Coast Gangsta Music.

Indeed.
Kanye = A less lyrically talented Grand Puba.

this thread is so off topic
bunch of guys arguing over what Kanye is not, but not sayin who is

the guy asked about "HIP HOP ARTIST" as in overall, and im seeing arguments involving RZA n NaS
what a joke, at least bring ppl to the table that are not just holding down one part.

what? ur joking right?

its listed as alternative rap... im not too big on the whole boxing things in so i dont care what genre its in but it was better than every rap album released in 2009...

moz-screenshot-10.png
bb415eecdec4be756087a6bbf855ae64ae51dae.gif

I'm not gonna compare RD to CD cause that's ridiculous. It's like comparing The Low End Theory to Voodoo.

But my opinion is this was clearly a troll thread the OP doesnt even say GOAT in what.
Me personal I say CD is 4/5 not classic in the since of how great it was but in what it did for the landscape of hip hop.

LR is 5.5/5 and his only "true classic" It's that damn good. If you people don't understand the magic hima nd Jon Brion did with that album I don't know what to tell you. Hearing Ye talk about getting people's features just to fit the album and not cause they were hot helped me appreciate it more. Patti, Brandy, Game, Paul Wall, Cam, etc every move on that album was a damn chess move.

Graduation was lackluster and he needed that beef to sell it. He took his production to the next level but he lost some of the realness. I rarely play that album anymore.

808s while it isnt a classic is a sonic masterpiece. It pleases the listener's ears aesthictally and takes them on a musical journey. And I don't think it's going to influence much because it is actually influence by so many other genres that it sounds like a new sound when it is just a smooth blend.

The whole GOAT anything is a foolish argument because it's all opinion just how I dont think I'll ever see a better rapper than 2pac and then you got people on NT who say he has no classics and was overrated. I found that foolish but shows how people can have opinions on both ends of the spectrum.

But listening to Power yesterday I thought to myself we are very lucky to have a Kanye in our generation. He has done a lot for music and will be remembered as a legend hands down. Not just as a pop icon but a legend years down the line. And I know Haze brought Pete Rock's production and its hard to compare that. You have to just see me in 2024 and see how "Spaceship", "This Can't Be Life", "Encore". "You don't know my name" "Takeover", "Heart of the City" "All Falls Down",  etc hold up

i dont care if i disappoint some lame from new york... sorry...

i support good music... ill buy albums if i like them enough...

why does that matter to u?

only rap album worth buying in the past 2 years has been cudi... and i own that... whats ur point?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
2agklth.jpg
x
28krb55.jpg

Co-sign everything SHWAP said...cept the part about 808s being a masterpiece
laugh.gif

Can't listen to Robocop, Love Lockdown and Bad News too tough.

laugh.gif

I used to hate 808's but after some time I started digging it. It might not be a classic but it's damn good.

For some reason I still can't listen to Love Lockdown though. That's just too much.

I don't get why late registration is considered a classic. Songs on that album that sucked : My way home, crack music, roses, bring me down, addiction, we major, celebration, gone, late.

how do u not like my way home, addiction, and bring me down? the rest i agree with tho...

Wait, hold up, Im against the whole Ye movement,
but all the songs yall _'s are excluding, to me made
LR the great album it was.

laugh.gif

I feel you on these two songs as they are the only 2 I don't like but over time they got to me. It all started when I was going to this concert at the Great Western Forum this summer that I've ben waiting to go to for like 4 months and as soon I walk in I hear Love Lockdown and that !@$* is "STADIUM STATUS"
laugh.gif
so it made me understand what Ye did with it. I still don't and probably won't ever like it but I see his vision and those drums on there are unreal.

yea i mean roses was cool the first time but its not some #!+% ud really replay unless u relate to it...

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

the guy asked about "HIP HOP ARTIST" as in overall, and im seeing arguments involving RZA n NaS
what a joke, at least bring ppl to the table that are not just holding down one part.

This.
this thread turned into a bunch of salty old guys (from the sound of it) mad that it isnt just "old school new york" hip hop in the game anymore. They hate to see different people with different styles of music get shine (and outshine) your favorites. Its kinda sad really

Originally Posted by KingRamey

This.
this thread turned into a bunch of salty old guys (from the sound of it) mad that it isnt just "old school new york" hip hop in the game anymore. They hate to see different people with different styles of music get shine (and outshine) your favorites. Its kinda sad really
son u dont even listen to hiphop though

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

what? ur joking right?

moz-screenshot-10.png
bb415eecdec4be756087a6bbf855ae64ae51dae.gif
was wrong with this idiot?
laugh.gif

[h2]7. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Pt 2 by Raekwon[/h2]
By Josh Tyrangiel Tuesday, Dec. 08, 2009

raekwon.jpg

The sequel to Raekwon's much loved 1995 solo debut picks up as if no time has passed. He's still rhyming about cocaine deals, hustlers and urban menace — which makes for an elevated degree of difficulty, since a song about the production of crack ("Pyrex Vision") should be not only impotent in 2009, but deservedly so. The reason it works, like all of Cuban Linx, Pt 2, is that Raekwon is a poet of grime, a storyteller who understands that rap is less about an easy hook than the collision of carefully chosen words. He's also a melancholic who prefers replaying the circumstances of growing up in hell ("All my life around drug %+%++!, villains who want millions/ %+%++! with them hoodies on with Teks in the building") to celebrating the trappings of success. With production from nearly every top name in hip-hop, it's a spooky and sad monograph — not lovable, but quite powerful.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/p...1945379_1943810_1943824,00.html#ixzz0pjJFW6tS

on TIME MAGAZINE (pun intended)

this fool wouldn't know talent OR a good album if it slapped da taste outta his mouth
laugh.gif
roll.gif
i hope da rest of cleveland isn't as brain dead but then again its cleveland so

i expect nothing but da worst
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

This.
support your claim

I would agree that yes he would be the best all around rapper/producer if his next album is a classic. never just the best rapper though.

so cuz a magazine says somethin its true?

cool

fashawn-boy-meets-world.jpg

Tell me MOTM is better than that, and tell me MOTM is a rap album with a serious face.

This.
support your claim

If 808s & MOTM are the only albums you can play w/o skipping you don't listen to hip hop. (And I LOVE those albums)

so cuz a magazine says somethin its true?

cool
d2735820ecec300655282242afcbb06869db59e.jpg

EVERYONE in rap circles CLEARLY has that raekwon album as arguably da best rap album that dropped in 2009, and if you wanted to make a argument da rick ross was

outstanding...you have such a terrible opinion in music, im almost convinced you do it for da lulz, cuz there's no way you can be THAT brain dead...i mean c'mon duke you said

da kudi was better then ANYTHING from 2008-2010 
laugh.gif
, get a mother #%#@@$+ clue b.

da fact that well respected NEWS publication thats conservative to say da least when it comes to covering hiphop gave rae his kudos shows how impactful that release was.

stop #%#@@$+ hating jesus.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

This.
support your claim

If 808s & MOTM are the only albums you can play w/o skipping you don't listen to hip hop. (And I LOVE those albums)

or maybe those two ablums really appeal to me? and that mean i dont listen to hip hop??? idk i guess im just stupid to think that other people have different music preferences 
tired.gif

2008 - 2010 is 3 years fool... i meant from this year and last year...

if im hating u doin worse cuz u goin way harder against cudi...

im not hating on raekwon... IN MY OPINION KID CUDI HAD THE BEST ALBUM OF ANYTHING RAP RELATED SINCE 2009 STARTED...

where am i hating on anybody?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

This.
support your claim

laugh.gif
beat me to it

Back
Top Bottom