If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

I'd take Kanye over RZA anyday.
Same here and I aint no youngster either. Kanye is more versatile to me, Rza's sound is for one city and one city only.... NY

You do know the bulk of wu-tangs fans are from overseas in countries like China right ?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TheHype

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by swishasweets

College Dropout and Late Registration are Classics.

And Graduation was a 3.75-4/5.

Flashing Lights was one of the dopest (AND unconventional) singles/beats in the last decade.

Dudes saying KanYe West didn't innovate rap for the better...REALLY? You REALLY think that?

Yea we got skinny jeans rappers but we also got popular artists like Drake, Lupe, CuDi, and other Rap Artists that you can listen to in the car with your girl or even parents.

Everybody can't relate to 50 Cent. I dig that type of rap but I'm happy my cousins put me onto Ye when I was WAY younger. *##% mattered when I was younger.

I can't illustrate the look I had on my face the first time my dad (50 year old Jamaican cat) told me he liked "Slow Jamz" 
laugh.gif

Edit:

He wont be the G.O.A.T RAPPER, though. Just had to clarify.
laugh.gif

Innovator, Rap tastemaker and Hip-Hop Legend seems like a better title though.

Great unbiased explanation touché

1.  I don't get why late registration is considered a classic.  Songs on that album that sucked : My way home, crack music, roses, bring me down, addiction, we major, celebration, gone, late.
2. Just because they had a kanye feature doesn't mean kanye made them.  Lupe is on a different level then any rapper out and isn't really "popular" like the others.  So his niche was created by himself not kanye.  Drake was first heard thanks to Wayne not Ye.  You may have an argument for Cudi but i heard day and night before i heard welcome to heartbreak (didn't buy 808s because it sucks).  And if we are playing that Eminem put on 50 cent literally.  Without em 50 would be nothing  (power of the dollar sold so well for Sony before he signed to shady/aftermath.....).  Without Ye all the other rappers you mentioned would be fine.
3.  Kanye is extremely talented and i do like some of his work.  But again when you talk about Greatest of all time (OF ALL TIME!!) he isn't in the top 5.  When it comes down to it rapping > production.  You can always find beats you can't always find lyrics.
4. Eminem is the GOAT.  Kanye didn't bring anyone over to rap.  He makes pop music.  Eminem made it ok for every white person to listen to rap.  Before em you were a %+*%!@ who wanted to be black.  After em it's cool.

NT sensored reggiw (read backwards)
1. Wha? You're just in the minority cause all those songs are ill as #@#$.
laugh.gif

2. I think you misread what I meant. All those rappers weren't discovered by Kanye but he made it ok for them to be popular. They walk down his path. Of course Mos Def was one of the first rap artists to truly harmonize and make some non-bang bang shoot em up records but like I said they're actually all popular rappers.

CuDi's popular. Drake's Popular and yes Lupe is a popular artist. (Not necessarily Platinum artists but they're popular).

I can't even imagine what Mainstream Hip-Hop music would sound like without Kanye West (especially from 00-06).

3. He's not in the Top 5 rapper list but he makes better music than the typical rappers in most people's Top 5 right now.

4. That's not even relevant, because white suburban kids were/are buying rap records in bulk and still do. Em is just someone their hero.  And Jay-Z's the GOAT so...
I see all your points and thats what is good about music is that it is subjective and there is something out there for everyone.  Appreciate the responses.

I don't hate kanye but if he was this great artist that makes awesome music i feel like i would still be listening to his stuff.  And i still listen to Reasonable Doubt Illmatic and Infinite.  I think if lupe fiasco were to die today, and people actually listened and understood his music, he would be considered the best to ever do it.  IMHO of course lol

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

THIS is the problem with the world today ... not hip hop or rap or music in general, but the entire WORLD ... when you got people claiming Kanye is the greatest in hip hop history, you know there isn't any hope for the human race ... smh

You know its real when I quote this guy..........

You think 808 was classic?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On Par with Nas
frown.gif

Hip Hop Is Dead

Originally Posted by swishasweets

College Dropout and Late Registration are Classics.

And Graduation was a 3.75-4/5.

Flashing Lights was one of the dopest (AND unconventional) singles/beats in the last decade.

Dudes saying KanYe West didn't innovate rap for the better...REALLY? You REALLY think that?

Yea we got skinny jeans rappers but we also got popular artists like Drake, Lupe, CuDi, and other Rap Artists that you can listen to in the car with your girl or even parents.

Everybody can't relate to 50 Cent. I dig that type of rap but I'm happy my cousins put me onto Ye when I was WAY younger. *##% mattered when I was younger.

I can't illustrate the look I had on my face the first time my dad (50 year old Jamaican cat) told me he liked "Slow Jamz" 
laugh.gif

Edit:

He wont be the G.O.A.T RAPPER, though. Just had to clarify.
laugh.gif

Innovator, Rap tastemaker and Hip-Hop Legend seems like a better title though.

Great unbiased explanation touché

1.  I don't get why late registration is considered a classic.  Songs on that album that sucked : My way home, crack music, roses, bring me down, addiction, we major, celebration, gone, late.
2. Just because they had a kanye feature doesn't mean kanye made them.  Lupe is on a different level then any rapper out and isn't really "popular" like the others.  So his niche was created by himself not kanye.  Drake was first heard thanks to Wayne not Ye.  You may have an argument for Cudi but i heard day and night before i heard welcome to heartbreak (didn't buy 808s because it sucks).  And if we are playing that Eminem put on 50 cent literally.  Without em 50 would be nothing  (power of the dollar sold so well for Sony before he signed to shady/aftermath.....).  Without Ye all the other rappers you mentioned would be fine.
3.  Kanye is extremely talented and i do like some of his work.  But again when you talk about Greatest of all time (OF ALL TIME!!) he isn't in the top 5.  When it comes down to it rapping > production.  You can always find beats you can't always find lyrics.
4. Eminem is the GOAT.  Kanye didn't bring anyone over to rap.  He makes pop music.  Eminem made it ok for every white person to listen to rap.  Before em you were a %+*%!@ who wanted to be black.  After em it's cool.

NT sensored reggiw (read backwards)
1. Wha? You're just in the minority cause all those songs are ill as #@#$.
laugh.gif

2. I think you misread what I meant. All those rappers weren't discovered by Kanye but he made it ok for them to be popular. They walk down his path. Of course Mos Def was one of the first rap artists to truly harmonize and make some non-bang bang shoot em up records but like I said they're actually all popular rappers.

CuDi's popular. Drake's Popular and yes Lupe is a popular artist. (Not necessarily Platinum artists but they're popular).

I can't even imagine what Mainstream Hip-Hop music would sound like without Kanye West (especially from 00-06).

3. He's not in the Top 5 rapper list but he makes better music than the typical rappers in most people's Top 5 right now.

4. That's not even relevant, because white suburban kids were/are buying rap records in bulk and still do. Em is just someone their hero.  And Jay-Z's the GOAT so...
I see all your points and thats what is good about music is that it is subjective and there is something out there for everyone.  Appreciate the responses.

I don't hate kanye but if he was this great artist that makes awesome music i feel like i would still be listening to his stuff.  And i still listen to Reasonable Doubt Illmatic and Infinite.  I think if lupe fiasco were to die today, and people actually listened and understood his music, he would be considered the best to ever do it.  IMHO of course lol
I feel that way too.

He needs a classic/REALLY REALLY good album though.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

nah... j cole is gonna make a boring #+! album no matter who produces it... thats just him... he's too focused on lyrics... he cant write hooks...
grin.gif

how is someone boring when they're articulated on actual verses? u suck at judging music.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

I'd take Kanye over RZA anyday.
Same here and I aint no youngster either. Kanye is more versatile to me, Rza's sound is for one city and one city only.... NY
You do know the bulk of wu-tangs fans are from overseas in countries like China right ?
grin.gif

these idiots don't understand that wutang can tour like da beetles for years and years just off they current material.....

laugh.gif
@ wutang is only poppin in NYC

oh and here's a new mixtape full of unreleased kanye if you don't already have it.

Download Mixtape | Free Mixtapes Provided by DatPiff.com

i dont really get that whole world tour %%+% for rappers... i mean its money... do it... but dont act like the music is great because a whole bunch of people who cant even understand the lyrics like it...

i dont really get that whole world tour %%+% for rappers... i mean its money... do it... but dont act like the music is great because a whole bunch of people who cant even understand the lyrics like it...

N' you wish you had a buzz in China. Those dudes actually SUPPORT rappers and BUY albums, the way you post disappoints me especially since your a rapper
smh.gif

i dont care if i disappoint some lame from new york... sorry...

i support good music... ill buy albums if i like them enough...

why does that matter to u?

only rap album worth buying in the past 2 years has been cudi... and i own that... whats ur point?

only rap album worth buying in the past 2 years has been cudi... and i own that... whats ur point?
laugh.gif
im done you win.

laugh.gif

meanwhile.....

nas-untitled-cvr.jpg
raekwon-only-built-4-cuban-linx-2-cover.jpg

dropped in da same 2 year span....time u just have a lame taste in music, you like rappin queerz singin all on da album
grin.gif

i think is point is you talking big game and ++%@ like you somebody 

yet you trying to sale 10 dollar beats on a sneaker message board.

youre no better than anyone else sitting at home on there computer wasting time on NT

just because under your name it says "i make beats look at me" doesnt all the sudden make you an authority in music 

you no different than anyone else on here. 

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

i think is point is you talking big game and ++%@ like you somebody 

yet you trying to sale 10 dollar beats on a sneaker message board.

youre no better than anyone else sitting at home on there computer wasting time on NT

just because under your name it says "i make beats look at me" doesnt all the sudden make you an authority in music 

you no different than anyone else on here. 

he's worse, cuz god knows how awful he really is at rapping, and yet he'll throw nothing but hate and kick dirt at all da lyricist in da rap's elite ( which is basically

NYC)

i think he's just jealous that he's bars are downy soft compared to even da most benchwarmin of NYC artist ( J-hood, Graph, JR writer, 40 cal, maino)

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Kanye paved the way for this brand of internet artist that is gaining popularity.

Big Seans
Lupes
Drakes
J Coles
Currensy's
Wiz's
Wales
...etc...

All of them.

Kanye made the blueprint for them to follow. Ask all of them in their interviews. From the way they carry themselves all the way the content they rap about. All Kanye influenced. This ALONE makes Kanye the most influential person of this decade if not the generation.
smh.gif
at those that refuse to give dude credit. I remember how they hated on Yeezy coming up too... Don't be mad that we're calling it early. Yes Kanye is THAT dude. Just give up and admit it.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

is kanye a better producer than pharell though ? serious question.
he's better than pharell but not the neptunes together...

laugh.gif
at me thinking im some musical authority... its called opinions... we all have em... why yall get so upset over mine i have no idea
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Kanye paved the way for this brand of internet artist that is gaining popularity.

Big Seans
Lupes
Drakes
J Coles
Currensy's
Wiz's
Wales
...etc...

All of them.

Kanye made the blueprint for them to follow. Ask all of them in their interviews. From the way they carry themselves all the way the content they rap about. All Kanye influenced. This ALONE makes Kanye the most influential person of this decade if not the generation.
smh.gif
at those that refuse to give dude credit. I remember how they hated on Yeezy coming up too... Don't be mad that we're calling it early. Yes Kanye is THAT dude. Just give up and admit it.

How many of those guys have really been getting fame other than internet? Drake and Lupe? Lupe is skilled as hell and Drake doesn't even fully belong to the "Ye lane" if you ask me. Kanye made the blueprint for most of those guys but how many of them made it in the industry?

Big Seans
Lupes
Drakes
J Coles
Currensy's
Wiz's
Wales
...etc...

All of them.

smh.gif

But when u cut thru da lineage its basically jay-z and Nas influences...kanye's style is da influence.

No. eminem is much better IMO. top 5 rapper ( i think he's number 1) and i dont know about what "number" he is as a producer but he has a nice list. em rapping >>> kanye producing, em producing >= kanye rapping. some em produced song but there are many many more good tracks produced by eminem: patiently waiting, renegade, i am, lose yourself, moment of clarity, on fire... many more here is a wikipedia listing to see complete list of eminem produced songs

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...m_production_discography

how the hell did Kanye make a blueprint for CurrenSy and Wiz?
for Drake and Lupe?

and yall say he's a better producer than the RZA?
debatable.

I can't hate Kanye makes good music but to call him the greatest of all time is straight up FOOLISH

Big Seans
Lupes
Drakes
J Coles
Currensy's
Wiz's
Wales
...etc...

All of them.

smh.gif

But when u cut thru da lineage its basically jay-z and Nas influences...kanye's style is da influence.

Big Seans
Lupes
Drakes
J Coles
Currensy's
Wiz's
Wales
...etc...

All of them.

smh.gif
I will say after the Kanye vs 50 release, it paved the way in terms of attempting to make it better for alternative rappers. Wale wouldn't have existed in a more 50 dominated world.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

how the hell did Kanye make a blueprint for CurrenSy and Wiz?
for Drake and Lupe?

and yall say he's a better producer than the RZA?
debatable.

I can't hate Kanye makes good music but to call him the greatest of all time is straight up FOOLISH
Curren$y & Wiz draw influences moreso from Red & Meth than Ye so forget that.
laugh.gif

But Drake, Lu, CuDi & Big Sean ALL are KanYe Jr. with their own attributes. Hell even Theophilus too.

Drake's content = Ye & Phonte
Lu = Ye/Nas and even Jigga with the quadruple entendres.
laugh.gif

CuDi/Theophilus = Ye's more experimental work like 808s. Very melody based.
Big Sean = Caricature of Ye's braggadocio.
Wale wouldn't be anywhere near as popular if Ye wasn't a factor.

All them N_s have roots from Ye among others. How can you even argue.

Back
Top Bottom