If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Yall crack me up according to some on here Nas only got 2 classic album but some how Kanye got 4?!?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Yall crack me up according to some on here Nas only got 2 classic album but some how Kanye got 4?!?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously.
Damn i ain't even look at it like that, yall N's is REALLY buggin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

2008 - 2010 is 3 years fool... i meant from this year and last year...

if im hating u doin worse cuz u goin way harder against cudi...

im not hating on raekwon... IN MY OPINION KID CUDI  Common HAD THE BEST ALBUM OF ANYTHING RAP RELATED SINCE 2009 STARTED...

where am i hating on anybody?
fixed

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

if he drops another classic, he'll be in the same category as Biggie, Jigga, Nas, *Rakim, 2Pac, ect.

Like it or not Kanye West changed the entire dynamic of Hip-Hop. He changed how people perceived the genre. Yall can argue about RZA all day, but RZA could never make a "Flashing Lights" or a "We Major" but Yeezy has made the likes of "Nothin Like It" "Heartless" (which is RZA-esq) and "Real People." And that's just talkin about dude's production, we ain't even gonna get into him emceeing skills, musically innovation, and influence on pop culture.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ yall for not given this man due on his greatness. He KEEPS killin it. If he ends up putting out 12 albums like the boy Jigga, he might go down as the best ever but for right now, he's definitely on the short list (see above).

This man speaks the truth.
No he doesn't.

He listed some of the greatest rappers/lyricists of all-time.

Just because Kanye is an amazing producer/average rapper, doesn't put him in the same league as those guys. I'm not trying to hate, I'm a Kanye fan. But no well in hell is he in the same league.

Definitely a hip-hop legend for producing amazing music and having some incredible albums/songs. But he's not a legend for the same reason as those big names are. Kanye will never be a GOAT rapper in the sense the people listed above, he'll be a legend, and one of the greatest rappers in the sense of entertainment, but never a GOAT rapper. There isn't a single Kanye verse that can hold a candle to the GOAT candidates greatest verses.
Kanye West CHANGED THE GAME.

If he drops another classic. He deserves to be mention w/ the likes of Biggie, Jay, Nas, Pac, and Rakim.

Illmatic
It Was Written
I AM
------
Sillmatic

I'm not saying A > B.

I'm saying Kanye's albums are classics. If he drops another one, he needs to be on the shortlist of best rappers to ever do it.

Name 1 hip-hop artist in the last decade that has done what Kanye West has done (not named Jay-Z). NAME ONE.

If he drops another classic. He deserves to be mention w/ the likes of Biggie, Jay, Nas, Pac, and Rakim.

You need to stop it nowwwww...

Oh, you're kidding me!

You must be joking, or you are smoking.

Oh, oh, you're kidding me!

Oh, you're kidding me, haha, that was a good one.

Your first good one in a whileeeee.

Your first good one in a whilee.

You need to stop it nowww.

You need to stop it noww.

Oh, you need to stop it now.

You need to stop it nowwwww...

Oh, you're kidding me!

You must be joking, or you are smoking.

Oh, oh, you're kidding me!

Oh, you're kidding me, haha, that was a good one.

Your first good one in a whileeeee.

Your first good one in a whilee.

You need to stop it nowww.

You need to stop it noww.

Oh, you need to stop it now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

just when you think it doesnt get worse than Optimus Prime this dude comes and show us the biggest stan performance on this forum 

Its pointless trying to argue with these dudes
laugh.gif
they dont like Kanye but all in this thread trying to bring down others because they like him. I can understand you dont like him but the same ones that dont like him are the first ones in the thread with 4+ posts on each page
laugh.gif
"as long as your a listener" 
wink.gif

Sorry Nas doesnt have mass appeal. Sorry RZA cant put out a chart topping record. 
grin.gif

*waits for "record sales dont mean anything"*

if he drops another classic, he'll be in the same category as Biggie, Jigga, Nas, *Rakim, 2Pac, ect.

Like it or not Kanye West changed the entire dynamic of Hip-Hop. He changed how people perceived the genre. Yall can argue about RZA all day, but RZA could never make a "Flashing Lights" or a "We Major" but Yeezy has made the likes of "Nothin Like It" "Heartless" (which is RZA-esq) and "Real People." And that's just talkin about dude's production, we ain't even gonna get into him emceeing skills, musically innovation, and influence on pop culture.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ yall for not given this man due on his greatness. He KEEPS killin it. If he ends up putting out 12 albums like the boy Jigga, he might go down as the best ever but for right now, he's definitely on the short list (see above).

LOL did this dude really just quote himself?!?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

laugh.gif
they dont like Kanye but all in this thread trying to bring down others because they like him. I can understand you dont like him but the same ones that dont like him are the first ones in the thread with 4+ posts on each page
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Sorry Nas doesnt have mass appeal. Sorry RZA cant put out a chart topping record. 
grin.gif

Too bad your opinion was declared null and void about 10 pages ago.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

grin.gif

A conversation YOU werent involved in in the first place. Next time you speak when spoken to ok?

Sheesh at this witch hunt right now
laugh.gif

Truthfully if continues this level of quality albums he'll ultimately end up in a league of his own.

He has 2 Classics and 4 great albums overall. Not a lyrical GOAT but quite frankly...he doesn't need to be.

His music's fine where it's at.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

grin.gif

A conversation YOU werent involved in in the first place. Next time you speak when spoken to ok?
So you haven't ever quoted someone to agree/disagree?

And some of you are taking this waay to serious
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

grin.gif

Did you guys hear something, or was it just me?

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

LOL did this dude really just quote himself?!?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Didn't notice that.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

KingRamey wrote:

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:

KingRamey wrote:

inspektahdeck wrote:

KingRamey wrote:

Ace Rawstein wrote:

this thread is so off topic
bunch of guys arguing over what Kanye is not, but not sayin who is

the guy asked about "HIP HOP ARTIST" as in overall, and im seeing arguments involving RZA n NaS
what a joke, at least bring ppl to the table that are not just holding down one part.

This.

this thread turned into a bunch of salty old guys (from the sound of it) mad that it isnt just "old school new york" hip hop in the game anymore. They hate to see different people with different styles of music get shine (and outshine) your favorites. Its kinda sad really
son u dont even listen to hiphop though
support your claim

If 808s & MOTM are the only albums you can play w/o skipping you don't listen to hip hop. (And I LOVE those albums)

or maybe those two ablums really appeal to me? and that mean i dont listen to hip hop??? idk i guess im just stupid to think that other people have different music preferences 
tired.gif

It's not about preference my dude. It's like saying I only like watching Michael Vick play football. Other than it's whatever. I can't call you a football fan. So if you say you only think Hip-Hop has produced 2 albums that can be played front to back and these albums are alternative ones at that you don't listen to hip-hop. It's not even a diss. A lot of people don't listen to hip hop. It just means your opinion on this topic is not valid. I don't ask my punk rock friends what's better illmatic or Ready to die? because that's not their lane so whatever their answer is holds no weight.

Thats where you're wrong. Nowhere in this thread have i said that. Youre mixing a lot of my statements and statements from the clowns in this thread up. And to say my opinion isnt valid is because you twisted my words is another stupid thing to say 
ohwell.gif

Na fam you're just a clown

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im not hating on raekwon... IN MY OPINION KID CUDI HAD THE BEST ALBUM OF
ANYTHING RAP RELATED SINCE 2009 STARTED...
your opinion is garbage, man on da moon isn't even a rap album....cuz if it was its not touchin...

and thats FACTS, not opinion.

Ninjahood have you noticed you keep posting and people stay ignoring you?
Its for a reason because your opinions are useless
Go back to your tiny room to play with you musket

And Idc if the booklet says common wrote the album I HIGHLY DOUBT he ACTUALLY wrote it, because it sounds nothing like common, its not his style. Or did he write A Kid Named Cudi too?

I swear yall did this just for some old time music forum arguing
laugh.gif

I love Kanye's earlier music, it was all great with CD and he took it to another lvl with LR but since dude been riding with the pop, flash no substance, questionable quality, commercial wave. I was noticing the fans just running with it and it made ask if they was even listening anymore and not just infatuated with his fame. 4 classics? 4!!!? Keep in my mind this would mean dude is the only rapper to have 4 classic albums in a row ever. If you believe that hogwash then of course everything you say after would be more lunacy.

Got dudes talking about he changed the game and paved the way for rappers doing it ON THE INTERNET. Are you serious? Yall all acting like the rebirth and heightened importance of a mixtape aint all due Curtis Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom