If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

KingRamey wrote:

inspektahdeck wrote:

KingRamey wrote:

Ace Rawstein wrote:

this thread is so off topic
bunch of guys arguing over what Kanye is not, but not sayin who is

the guy asked about "HIP HOP ARTIST" as in overall, and im seeing arguments involving RZA n NaS
what a joke, at least bring ppl to the table that are not just holding down one part.

This.

this thread turned into a bunch of salty old guys (from the sound of it) mad that it isnt just "old school new york" hip hop in the game anymore. They hate to see different people with different styles of music get shine (and outshine) your favorites. Its kinda sad really
son u dont even listen to hiphop though

support your claim

If 808s & MOTM are the only albums you can play w/o skipping you don't listen to hip hop. (And I LOVE those albums)

or maybe those two ablums really appeal to me? and that mean i dont listen to hip hop??? idk i guess im just stupid to think that other people have different music preferences 
tired.gif

ITS BECAUSE THOSE ARE NOT RAP/HIP HOP ALBUMS!!!

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

the guy asked about "HIP HOP ARTIST" as in overall, and im seeing arguments involving RZA n NaS
what a joke, at least bring ppl to the table that are not just holding down one part.

This.
this thread turned into a bunch of salty old guys (from the sound of it) mad that it isnt just "old school new york" hip hop in the game anymore. They hate to see different people with different styles of music get shine (and outshine) your favorites. Its kinda sad really
support your claim

If 808s & MOTM are the only albums you can play w/o skipping you don't listen to hip hop. (And I LOVE those albums)

or maybe those two ablums really appeal to me? and that mean i dont listen to hip hop??? idk i guess im just stupid to think that other people have different music preferences 
tired.gif

It's not about preference my dude. It's like saying I only like watching Michael Vick play football. Other than it's whatever. I can't call you a football fan. So if you say you only think Hip-Hop has produced 2 albums that can be played front to back and these albums are alternative ones at that you don't listen to hip-hop. It's not even a diss. A lot of people don't listen to hip hop. It just means your opinion on this topic is not valid. I don't ask my punk rock friends what's better illmatic or Ready to die? because that's not their lane so whatever their answer is holds no weight.

This.
support your claim

tired.gif

It's not about preference my dude. It's like saying I only like watching Michael Vick play football. Other than it's whatever. I can't call you a football fan. So if you say you only think Hip-Hop has produced 2 albums that can be played front to back and these albums are alternative ones at that you don't listen to hip-hop. It's not even a diss. A lot of people don't listen to hip hop. It just means your opinion on this topic is not valid. I don't ask my punk rock friends what's better illmatic or Ready to die? because that's not their lane so whatever their answer is holds no weight.

Thats where you're wrong. Nowhere in this thread have i said that. Youre mixing a lot of my statements and statements from the clowns in this thread up. And to say my opinion isnt valid is because you twisted my words is another stupid thing to say 
ohwell.gif

This.
support your claim

tired.gif

Thats where you're wrong. Nowhere in this thread have i said that. Youre mixing a lot of my statements and statements from the clowns in this thread up. And to say my opinion isnt valid is because you twisted my words is another stupid thing to say 
ohwell.gif
Na fam you're just a clown

This.
support your claim

tired.gif

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

This.
support your claim

tired.gif

ohwell.gif

i guess im the one making all the thread GOAT huh 
grin.gif

Youre a hater in the music section and a clown on NT. Log your #!% off

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

This.
support your claim

tired.gif

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im not hating on raekwon... IN MY OPINION KID CUDI HAD THE BEST ALBUM OF ANYTHING RAP RELATED SINCE 2009 STARTED...
your opinion is garbage, man on da moon isn't even a rap album....cuz if it was its not touchin...

and thats FACTS, not opinion.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

^ How is it a fact and not opinion? You can't be serious

u cant argue with an idiot...

rick ross' album had great production but u dont get ANYTHING out of it... well i dont... maybe u got aspirations to be a drug kingpin... o wait thats right u wanna live in an apartment the rest of ur life...
tired.gif

Actually I think DTR and OB4CL2 were both better albums than MOTM...but to say that's a fact and not an opinion is ludicrous

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

rick ross' album had great production but u dont get ANYTHING out of it... well i dont... maybe u got aspirations to be a drug kingpin... o wait thats right u wanna live in an apartment the rest of ur life...
tired.gif
Apartment in NYC > The dump your from.

and i live in a house.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

tired.gif

and i live in a house.
ummm... u defending ninjahood now? thats ummmm... questionable...

tired.gif

and i live in a house.

Time  is from Cleveland the tourist capitol of the world
Spoiler [+]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think most would agree, Kanye has put out  4 GREAT albums.
Some ppl think CD and LR are classics, others are more with Graduation and 808s

Whatever way you spin it... dude's put out 4 great albums, w/ 2 of them being classics

I couldn't tell you why, but I have a feeling that Good Asss Job is gunna be F'ing DOPE; a ceritified classic

If that does happen, I think Kanye's debate-ably one of the best to ever do it, as an all around artist

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Nas... really?

Nas is known for being talented with wack albums
go edit your posts!
Illmatic, It Was Written and I Am are wack.
now you know

thought i was the only one Naas sucks i just started liking dude when kelis started to screw him over

tired.gif

and i live in a house.

Time  is from Cleveland the tourist capitol of the world
Spoiler [+]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This depressed N' just need to give up and commit that.
laugh.gif

Kanye is GOAT. Besides Man on the Moon, 808s is the only album i can listen to and not skip any tracks so that album is definitley up there. Waaaaaaaaaay up there
The point is if MOTM and 808s are the only ALBUMS (not even exclusive to hip hop...just albums, period) you can listen to front to back...then, to use your own words,

You hold NO weight in this thread or this forum. Leave. Now.
And before you pull out the "hate to see different people with different styles of music get shine" card, MOTM was/is my !%@# too. There's only two tracks I skip on there and I still bump the CD 'till this day. But 808s is to hip hop as what Lebron's fake team pictures is to basketball.

Now scram outta here and go love lockdown yourself or some !%@#.

tired.gif

and i live in a house.
thank you, cleveland
laugh.gif

and screw all this "music is absract" mobo jumbo ...im speaking on common consensus, and you'd be a fool to label MOTM anybetter then da aforementioned albums.

[jay-z] WE NEED A BOARD! [jay-z/]

IMO Kanye is 4/4 right now.. I have high expectations for his next album and I think he's going to be putting out another classic..

Definitely not the GOAT but he's up there..

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

if he drops another classic, he'll be in the same category as Biggie, Jigga, Nas, *Rakim, 2Pac, ect.

Like it or not Kanye West changed the entire dynamic of Hip-Hop. He changed how people perceived the genre. Yall can argue about RZA all day, but RZA could never make a "Flashing Lights" or a "We Major" but Yeezy has made the likes of "Nothin Like It" "Heartless" (which is RZA-esq) and "Real People." And that's just talkin about dude's production, we ain't even gonna get into him emceeing skills, musically innovation, and influence on pop culture.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ yall for not given this man due on his greatness. He KEEPS killin it. If he ends up putting out 12 albums like the boy Jigga, he might go down as the best ever but for right now, he's definitely on the short list (see above).

This man speaks the truth.

if he drops another classic, he'll be in the same category as Biggie, Jigga, Nas, *Rakim, 2Pac, ect.

Like it or not Kanye West changed the entire dynamic of Hip-Hop. He changed how people perceived the genre. Yall can argue about RZA all day, but RZA could never make a "Flashing Lights" or a "We Major" but Yeezy has made the likes of "Nothin Like It" "Heartless" (which is RZA-esq) and "Real People." And that's just talkin about dude's production, we ain't even gonna get into him emceeing skills, musically innovation, and influence on pop culture.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ yall for not given this man due on his greatness. He KEEPS killin it. If he ends up putting out 12 albums like the boy Jigga, he might go down as the best ever but for right now, he's definitely on the short list (see above).

This man speaks the truth.
No he doesn't.

He listed some of the greatest rappers/lyricists of all-time.

Just because Kanye is an amazing producer/average rapper, doesn't put him in the same league as those guys. I'm not trying to hate, I'm a Kanye fan. But no well in hell is he in the same league.

Definitely a hip-hop legend for producing amazing music and having some incredible albums/songs. But he's not a legend for the same reason as those big names are. Kanye will never be a GOAT rapper in the sense the people listed above, he'll be a legend, and one of the greatest rappers in the sense of entertainment, but never a GOAT rapper. There isn't a single Kanye verse that can hold a candle to the GOAT candidates greatest verses.

Back
Top Bottom