If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Sidenote:

Anyone who's been to a recent KanYe concert else notice this?

Whenever a College Dropout or Late Registration track came on the Non-Minorities be still as $++# but when Stronger or some #%%% comes on everybody goes Ape****?
laugh.gif

Just thought that was funny...

LR was okay?
laugh.gif

Again, Late Registration was slightly above average on a good day, and average any other day.  It wasn't great and it wasn't garbage either. 

Late Registration is his best music. Sonically and lyrically.

I can't agree with you on that one champ.  College Dropout is Kanye's best music. 

his production,topics,execution,range and dedication is unparalleled and unmatched.dude is a musical GENIUS

LOL.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Kanye is to modern day popular music as Michael Jackson and the Beatles were in their time IMO.

7fe3505bef3e8ccae7e477ce3120ee275c76e1c.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
I like Ye as much as the next guy, but damn....the audacity of these stans.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The gif execution wasn't even that funny so I don't understand why yall ODin with the smilies. You kids that easily amused?

Michael Jackson and The Beatles revolutionized popular music. Did they not? From live shows, the presentation of their music, album packaging, songs, album concepts, themes, fashion, music videos, etc. They wrote and had a hand in producing their own music. Everything they did was meticulous and well thought out even when they were experimenting and trying new things. What hip-hop artists besides Kanye West could you say is doing anything close to those things today? (maybe Mos Def but even then he doesn't have the worldwide appeal that Ye has right now). Half the rappers yall D-ride only know how to do whats hot at the moment, don't know how to evolve with the times, rely too much on gimmicks and image and probably won't have any staying power or be relevant in a few years. Kanye isn't the best lyricist but the dedication and passion he puts towards his art, the entertainment value, the crossover appeal is light years ahead of any of the rappers that could body him lyrically. You can't compare Ye to Nas because Nas is a rapper not an entertainer (Nas is my favorite rapper but if you ask the average person who isn't a fan of hip-hop who Nas is they probably wouldn't be able to tell you). Being lyrical is great but you can't really have a lasting career as a hip-hop artist by just being lyrical anymore, no one has ever done that and no one probably ever will. If you lack showmanship, if you throw uninspired albums together just so you can fulfill your obligation to the record label and collect a check then you shouldn't even expect to be mentioned in a GOAT discussion. Who else is moving the genre of hip hop forward by collaborating with Jon Brion or taking the time to get artists like Kaws and Murakami to design their album artwork and is that not similar to The Beatles being one of the first artists to spend over 38k on an album cover design for the Sgt. Pepper's album artwork in the 60s or Michael Jackson getting Mark Ryden to design the Dangerous album cover? That type of artistry and attention to detail hardly ever exists in hip-hop because half these rappers don't care enough about the art form or their fans to go out of their way to give that to you.

The Beatles are one of the foremost mentioned acts of 60s rock/pop music. Michael Jackson is the king of pop and dominated popular music and set trends throughout the entire decade of the 80s. If Hip-Hop music today is what rock was to the 60s and what pop was to the 80s then what current artists can you say are having Michael Jackson like moments in hip-hop music today? The white glove and red leather jacket are easily identifiable with Michael Jackson as shutter shades and the Air Yeezys are to Kanye West. Half the hypebeasts on NT look like mini Kanye Wests. Who else has that level of influence right now? The GIDT outdid any hip-hop show that's ever been done, even some rock and pop shows can't compare to that tour. Yall might not wanna acknowledge his contributions now but trust me in 10 years people are gonna look back on Ye as one of the greatest to ever do it.

Kanye isn't the best lyricist but the dedication and passion he puts towards his art, the entertainment value, the crossover appeal is light years ahead of any of the rappers that could body him lyrically
Why, cause he cries and whines on stage when he doesn't win an award.  %+$# out here with that nonsense.

The white glove and red leather jacket are easily identifiable with Michael Jackson as shutter shades and the Air Yeezys are to Kanye West. Half the hypebeasts on NT look like mini Kanye Wests. Who else has that level of influence right now?
Did dude just try to compare MJ's white glove and red leather jacket to Kanye's shutter shades and Air Yeezy's.................
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Let me help you out here, dressing like MJ back in the day was the thing to do cause simply put............MJ was THAT DUDE.  Dressing like Kanye in any way shape or form lets the world know that your into rainbow pride, which is okay if that what your into but young black males can/should do without that these days.

Yall might not wanna acknowledge his contributions now but trust me in 10 years people are gonna look back on Ye as one of the greatest to ever do it.
LOL.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Kanye isn't the best lyricist but the dedication and passion he puts towards his art, the entertainment value, the crossover appeal is light years ahead of any of the rappers that could body him lyrically
Why, cause he cries and whines on stage when he doesn't win an award.  %+$# out here with that nonsense.

The white glove and red leather jacket are easily identifiable with Michael Jackson as shutter shades and the Air Yeezys are to Kanye West. Half the hypebeasts on NT look like mini Kanye Wests. Who else has that level of influence right now?
Did dude just try to compare MJ's white glove and red leather jacket to Kanye's shutter shades and Air Yeezy's.................
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Let me help you out here, dressing like MJ back in the day was the thing to do cause simply put............MJ was THAT DUDE.  Dressing like Kanye in any way shape or form lets the world know that your into rainbow pride, which is okay if that what your into but young black males can/should do without that these days.

Yall might not wanna acknowledge his contributions now but trust me in 10 years people are gonna look back on Ye as one of the greatest to ever do it.
LOL.

Ye has been one of the most influential characters of this generation.
You're lying to yourself if you think that Ye and Pharrell weren't the driving force of the hip hop fashion revolution.
Those two changed the way men of ALL races dressed. Ecgckk is spot on with that comparison of  Ye's glasses and Mike's glove.
Get over it.

Yall know yall dead wrong about comparing Ye's shades and Yeezy's with MJ's glove and jacket.
laugh.gif

EVERYONE worldwide knows about MJ's glove/jacket, only SNEAKERHEADS like us know about shutter shades and Air Yeezys. Yall got it twisted if you think people of all ages know anything about Kanye besides his publicity stunts, he's not THAT famous just yet

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

808s was better than graduation tho...

stop lettin other people's opinions dictate how u view %+%$...

after thought... i think i agree

but i always thought 808's was dope...

and did this bamma say CD was kanye's WORST joint??????

90ap8h.png

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

808s was better than graduation tho...

hellz naw its not better then graduation, i still can't stomach 808's...graduation i played non stop for weeks.

808's is considered his worst album by many and i agree 100%....w/e da hell son was on im glad he's off it now.

Kanye and Pharrell are in MY opinion responsible for more trends and influences in music and Hip-Hop culture from 2000-2010 than any other artists.

Rap went from the hood to the burbs and there is nothing you can do about it.

Honestly, before Kanye, there wasn't a single mainstream rapper...hell...MUSIC ARTIST... I could say "yeah, I can COMPLETELY relate with you." I GUARANTEE 97% of this board will front and say otherwise.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Honestly, before Kanye, there wasn't a single mainstream rapper...hell...MUSIC ARTIST... I could say "yeah, I can COMPLETELY relate with you." I GUARANTEE 97% of this board will front and say otherwise.
regardless of whether i agree or not, why does it have to a be a front though? is 100% of this board supposed to be a mirror image of you?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Kanye and Pharrell are in MY opinion responsible for more trends and influences in music and Hip-Hop culture from 2000-2010 than any other artists.

Rap went from the hood to the burbs and there is nothing you can do about it.

U talking like kids in the burbs wasnt bumping Hov or dont know the whole "get rich or die tryin" album word for word

this thread needs to get locked already
smh.gif

the arguments are jumping from topic to topic...its a mess.

but one thing i do know is; Kanye is the only dude that can get a 20+ page thread and arguments over silly @!@@. He must be doing something cuz he's always the topic of discussion

people talk so much @!@@ about me at barber shops they forget to get their haircut
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

smh.gif

but one thing i do know is; Kanye is the only dude that can get a 20+ page thread and arguments over silly @!@@. He must be doing something cuz he's always the topic of discussion

if the drake thread makes it to 700 pages, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

smh.gif

no dumb ##@ where did i even imply that? that thread and this thread are two completely different types. i've never been in there but i imagine its full of leaks, shows and info etc. this is just (now) pointless arguing over something basically nothing now like i stated before. i can see if you actually are a moron but dont go out of your way to be one

smh.gif

no dumb ##@ where did i even imply that? that thread and this thread are two completely different types. i've never been in there but i imagine its full of leaks, shows and info etc. this is just (now) pointless arguing over something basically nothing now like i stated before. i can see if you actually are a moron but dont go out of your way to be one
Hey man why you being so hostile? (c) epic beard man

smh.gif

Hey man why you being so hostile? (c) epic beard man

cuz man why a brutha gotta shine yo' shoes!!! (c) tyrone

Reading is fundamental…nothing I said had anything to do with his behavior at award shows. Next time spend more time tryin to comprehend what you're reading and less time bein an idiot. I was talking about his passion and dedication towards his MUSIC and the presentation of his MUSIC...who gives a f-k what he does at award shows.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Dude are you serious? Kids today dress like Ye cause it's the "thing to do" just like people in the past dressed like MJ cause it was the "thing to do". People today looking back on people dressing like MJ can laugh just like some people today can look at people dressing like Kanye and laugh, that doesn't change the fact that many people still followed/are following the trends set by both artists. The point is Kanye's style has been emulated the same way MJ's was back in the day, whether YOU think he's "THAT DUDE" or not.  How many current artists can you say have people trying to dress like them to the point where specific outfits/fashion moments can be easily traced back and referenced to that artist? I rest my case. For the sake of arguing MJ looked more feminine in his high water pants, permed hair and sequined glittery gloves in retrospect than Kanye ever looked in shutter shades and his ugly %## sneakers (no disrespect to MJ but if he wasn't who he was he wouldn't have been able to get away with dressin the way he did, especially in the black community) but none of that is either here nor there cause internationally people are still looking to Ye as a style reference so obviously the rest of the world doesn't feel the way you do. You probably still rockin champion hoodies and girbaud jeans thinkin you doin it. FOH.

LOL.
Insightful. How could anyone argue against such a well thought out and articulated opinion.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom