If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by KingRamey

but one thing i do know is; Kanye is the only dude that can get a 20+ page thread and arguments over silly @!@@.
ecf36fd1345f212eeeafc483823180a04e5d12e0.jpg

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

God. I seriously hate you. You're probably ******ed in person. You're just extra annoying. I wish you would forget your password to login or something.

Do you EVER read anything you quote? This is why I almost didn't reply to your illiterate %##. I said RELATE

RE-F&*#%$@-LATE

You post the most stupid crap sometimes.
roll.gif

Reading is fundamental…nothing I said had anything to do with his behavior at award shows. Next time spend more time tryin to comprehend what you're reading and less time bein an idiot. I was talking about his passion and dedication towards his MUSIC and the presentation of his MUSIC...who gives a f-k what he does at award shows.

How slow are you??  Did you see the part that I clearly put in bold and then followed up with my statement.  It's quite clear to see that you are unable to interpret anything so I'll just break it down for you.  You said......"the dedication and passion he puts towards his art, the entertainment value, the crossover appeal is light years ahead of any of the rappers that could body him lyrically"  Now how exactly do you know this, cause if you do or can prove this, then it would have to be something tangible that we all could see, and the only thing we see from Kanye is him crying and whining on stage at award shows when he doesn't get a trophy or highlighted by the public.

Kids today dress like Ye cause it's the "thing to do"

Incorrect.  Kids dress like Kanye because they are SUSPECT just like Kanye, and that leads back to the rainbow pride comment that I stated earlier.  

For the sake of arguing MJ looked more feminine in his high water pants, permed hair and sequined glittery gloves in retrospect than Kanye ever looked in shutter shades and his ugly %## sneakers  
  The only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Dude said College Dropout is 'Ye's worst album...

This thread gets more hilarious by the post.
It's my opinion though.
If I were to say Doo Doo tastes better than ice cream, it'd be my opinion as well. But you can understand how perplexing that would be to most people.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I just don't see how lyrically he is anywhere near any of the usual suspects on the "GOAT" lists.

Kanye's status as a legend is solidified. From his work as a producer, his solo albums, his overall impact on the culture (good or bad) his spot is solidified.

But at the same time, I feel like he's already hit his ceiling. He is very consistent, but can you seriously put ANY of his albums up with the Illmatics, Reasonable Doubts, Aqueminis, Ready to Dies, etc. of the rap world?

As far as his catalogue goes, he's very similar to Eminem. He has 3 good/great/arguably classic albums, but it's hard to put them up with the elite albums of the hip-hop genre. Em raps circles around 'Ye, but 'Ye makes Em look elementary on the boards.

Personally, I appreciate what he has accomplished (even though I haven't like anything he's done since Graduation) but I can't say his albums are as good as ______ or his impact comparable to Rakim, Nas, etc.

cliffnotes: Kanye is a first ballot hall of famer...but not the best to ever play the game.

Realest thing ever posted in this thread...

*FIXED*

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

It's my opinion though.
If I were to say Doo Doo tastes better than ice cream, it'd be my opinion as well. But you can understand how perplexing that would be to most people.
laugh.gif
I just like his last 3 albums over his first one.
Sue me.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Kanye and Pharrell are in MY opinion responsible for more trends and influences in music and Hip-Hop culture from 2000-2010 than any other artists.

Rap went from the hood to the burbs and there is nothing you can do about it.

Honestly, before Kanye, there wasn't a single mainstream rapper...hell...MUSIC ARTIST... I could say "yeah, I can COMPLETELY relate with you." I GUARANTEE 97% of this board will front and say otherwise.
U talking like kids in the burbs wasnt bumping Hov or dont know the whole "get rich or die tryin" album word for word

God. I seriously hate you. You're probably ******ed in person. You're just extra annoying. I wish you would forget your password to login or something.

Do you EVER read anything you quote? This is why I almost didn't reply to your illiterate %##. I said RELATE

RE-F&*#%$@-LATE

You post the most stupid crap sometimes.

roll.gif
Co-signing this
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Reading is fundamental…nothing I said had anything to do with his behavior at award shows. Next time spend more time tryin to comprehend what you're reading and less time bein an idiot. I was talking about his passion and dedication towards his MUSIC and the presentation of his MUSIC...who gives a f-k what he does at award shows.

How slow are you??  Did you see the part that I clearly put in bold and then followed up with my statement.  It's quite clear to see that you are unable to interpret anything so I'll just break it down for you.  You said......"the dedication and passion he puts towards his art, the entertainment value, the crossover appeal is light years ahead of any of the rappers that could body him lyrically"  Now how exactly do you know this, cause if you do or can prove this, then it would have to be something tangible that we all could see, and the only thing we see from Kanye is him crying and whining on stage at award shows when he doesn't get a trophy or highlighted by the public.

Glow in the Dark Tour.

It's my opinion though.

What you fail to realize is that its a fact that CD is his best or 2nd best album, so your opinion means less than nothing.

I don't get why so many people say some outlandish +*%$, get called out and then respond with "well, its my opinion...".

Stop the tomfoolery.

It's my opinion though.

What you fail to realize is that its a fact that CD is his best or 2nd best album, so your opinion means less than nothing.

I don't get why so many people say some outlandish +*%$, get called out and then respond with "well, its my opinion...".

Stop the tomfoolery.
So if half of NT  said that the Cowboys were garbage, how would you respond?

Like this:

2mzm9gj.jpg
You fail to realize that their last Super Bowl ring is from 15 years ago. Nobody on their current roster helped them win those.

Oh man, you got me good....

eyes.gif

I really don't see where you're going with this.

You bring up the Cowboys in the music section because you know your opinion is trash.

PS: Jerry had a lot to do with 3 of those chips.

eyes.gif

You bring up the Cowboys in the music section because you know your opinion is trash.

u do know you're arguing with THB right?

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

eyes.gif

u do know you're arguing with THB right?
You think I'm THB??
laugh.gif

And AS, you went with the whole thing until you got stuck right? Ok.
This didn't accomplish anything though. I still have the same opinion and you still think it's wrong.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I HATE IDIOTS If u asked Kanye on stage at the grammys whos better him or Nas..Kanye would say Nas.
eyes.gif

the original question(most of us were answering) was who had the best 4 FIRST albums... so go be angry in the corner

I think Kanye ruined 808 by thinking he could sing... he's a producer yet he cant hear how bad he sounded? but he took chances, did something a bit different that artists like Drake are still running with. damn near a new genre.

and like DC sounds says, the dedication on Kanye's first four albums puts Nas to Shame. Nas is a better MC, but other than Illmatic the other joints were lazy, dude worked with puff
tired.gif

laugh.gif
nas's first 2 albums are better than kanye's entire catalog.  this thread is hilarious

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I HATE IDIOTS If u asked Kanye on stage at the grammys whos better him or Nas..Kanye would say Nas.
eyes.gif

the original question(most of us were answering) was who had the best 4 FIRST albums... so go be angry in the corner

I think Kanye ruined 808 by thinking he could sing... he's a producer yet he cant hear how bad he sounded? but he took chances, did something a bit different that artists like Drake are still running with. damn near a new genre.

and like DC sounds says, the dedication on Kanye's first four albums puts Nas to Shame. Nas is a better MC, but other than Illmatic the other joints were lazy, dude worked with puff
tired.gif

laugh.gif
nas's first 2 albums are better than kanye's entire catalog.  this thread is hilarious

This. Ill take it was written over any kanye joint.

I would take It Was Written over any Kanye album also. Nas>>>>>Kanye it's not even close. Kanye just picks/makes better beats. Nas lyrically is light years ahead of him but Kanye knows how to put together a good cohesive album.

Nas is boring. Yes he's lyrically light years ahead but lyrics aren't everything in music.
Musically I'm taking Ye.

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King

Glow in the Dark Tour.

I went to the Glow in the Dark Tour when it came near me at the Nissan Pavilion in VA (now known at the Jiffy Lube Pavilion).  It was a great show and I had a good time, but it was nothing spectatular or anything of the sort.  He put on a damn good show.  If you dudes were blown away by the Glow in the Dark Tour, then I strongly suggest you guys check out The Roots if and when they ever come to your area, cause they truly put on a great show as well. 

Back
Top Bottom