If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Kanye and Pharrell are in MY opinion responsible for more trends and influences in music and Hip-Hop culture from 2000-2010 than any other artists.

Rap went from the hood to the burbs and there is nothing you can do about it.

Honestly, before Kanye, there wasn't a single mainstream rapper...hell...MUSIC ARTIST... I could say "yeah, I can COMPLETELY relate with you." I GUARANTEE 97% of this board will front and say otherwise.
U talking like kids in the burbs wasnt bumping Hov or dont know the whole "get rich or die tryin" album word for word

God. I seriously hate you. You're probably ******ed in person. You're just extra annoying. I wish you would forget your password to login or something.

Do you EVER read anything you quote? This is why I almost didn't reply to your illiterate %##. I said RELATE

RE-F&*#%$@-LATE

You post the most stupid crap sometimes.

Kanye and Pharrell are in MY opinion responsible for more trends and influences in music and Hip-Hop culture from 2000-2010 than any other artists.

Honestly, before Kanye, there wasn't a single mainstream rapper...hell...MUSIC ARTIST... I could say "yeah, I can COMPLETELY relate with you." I GUARANTEE 97% of this board will front and say otherwise.
U talking like kids in the burbs wasnt bumping Hov or dont know the whole "get rich or die tryin" album word for word

God. I seriously hate you.

roll.gif

God. I seriously hate you. You're probably ******ed in person. You're just extra annoying. I wish you would forget your password to login or something.

Do you EVER read anything you quote? This is why I almost didn't reply to your illiterate %##. I said RELATE

RE-F&*#%$@-LATE

yo fam, i was making a true point though...but on some seriousness im headed to the A this summer i'll let u know when im in town...I'll smack the @$%+ outta u in front of every $#!!@ u know and not a damn thing will happen to me cuz u hella soft and lame...and im 235% sure you're a virgin
but back on the topic hiphops been in the burbs for years ever since the era of the bootleg CDs..75% of the sales comes from girls and suburban kids

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

God. I seriously hate you.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yo fam, i was making a true point though...but on some seriousness im headed to the A this summer i'll let u know when im in town...I'll smack the $$%% outta u in front of every @@+!% u know and not a damn thing will happen to me cuz u hella soft and lame...and im 235% sure you're a virgin

U can come stay wit me after his Gorillas try to stomp u out.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

yo fam, i was making a true point though...but on some seriousness im headed to the A this summer i'll let u know when im in town...I'll smack the $$%% outta u in front of every @@+!% u know and not a damn thing will happen to me cuz u hella soft and lame...and im 235% sure you're a virgin

U can come stay wit me after his Gorillas try to stomp u out.

RE-F&*#%$@-LATE

Why is it that you think ppl can't relate to those rappers or that the average person has to relate to Kanye? Also why are you asking us to tell you otherwise about who you relate to?

You talking like rap going to the burbs is what's best for rap, and because you think we can't do anything about it what we should just say Kanye is GOAT and end the discussion there?

Posts like yours make it painfully obvious how commercialized hip hop has become and the fact that just cuz a generation may have been put on to the culture due to Kanye or some other artist like him it's okay to downplay the other integral parts of rap. Like an artist can't make good music and be a dope lyricist.

I relate to
Ayo, I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing ta me
He had me feelin like black was the thing to be
And suddenly the ghetto didn't seem so tough
And though we had it rough, we always had enough
I huffed and puffed about my curfew and broke the rules
Ran with the local crew, and had a smoke or two
And I realize momma really paid the price
She nearly gave her life, to raise me right
And all I had to give her was my pipe dream
Of how I'd rock the mic, and make it to the bright screen
I'm tryin to make a dollar out of fifteen cents
It's hard to be legit and still pay the rent
And in the end it seems I'm headin for tha pen
I try and find my friends, but they're blowin in the wind

More than anything Ye ever said

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Why is it that you think ppl can't relate to those rappers or that the average person has to relate to Kanye? Also why are you asking us to tell you otherwise about who you relate to?

You talking like rap going to the burbs is what's best for rap, and because you think we can't do anything about it what we should just say Kanye is GOAT and end the discussion there?

Posts like yours make it painfully obvious how commercialized hip hop has become and the fact that just cuz a generation may have been put on to the culture due to Kanye or some other artist like him it's okay to downplay the other integral parts of rap. Like an artist can't make good music and be a dope lyricist.
it probably is 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

it probably is 
smokin.gif
This further proves why ppl were saying you shouldn't be in the discussion and don't know @!$@ about hip hop
pimp.gif

it probably is 
smokin.gif
This further proves why ppl were saying you shouldn't be in the discussion and don't know @!$@ about hip hop
pimp.gif
or am i joking? or am i getting you upset?

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

it probably is 
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
You're probably serious going off your previous posts in this thread and are now trying to act like you're being sarcastic to downplay it.

Don't get twisted man, clowns make me laugh.

it probably is 
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
You're probably serious going off your previous posts in this thread and are now trying to act like you're being sarcastic to downplay it.

Don't get twisted man, clowns make me laugh.
oh lawdy sorry for upsettin ya massa zik

*goes to listen to coldplay*

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

regardless of whether i agree or not, why does it have to a be a front though? is 100% of this board supposed to be a mirror image of you?

Yeah I am mad.

Hip-Hop AINT what you only say it is. Most of ya'll stuck in the 90s and its seriously sad Its the whole damn thing. From Raekwon to Insane Clown Posse to Necro to Nas to Jay-Z to Talib to Lupe to Kanye to Drake

The WHOLE friggin gamut. If you can't respect that and understand one artists aility to come through and straight re-vamp the accesbility of the culture, you're not worth my time.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Dudes eat so many big macs after a while they actually start to believe it's steak.

come on man! optimus might actually transform and kill you. 

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I HATE IDIOTS If u asked Kanye on stage at the grammys whos better him or Nas..Kanye would say Nas.
eyes.gif

the original question(most of us were answering) was who had the best 4 FIRST albums... so go be angry in the corner

I think Kanye ruined 808 by thinking he could sing... he's a producer yet he cant hear how bad he sounded? but he took chances, did something a bit different that artists like Drake are still running with. damn near a new genre.

and like DC sounds says, the dedication on Kanye's first four albums puts Nas to Shame. Nas is a better MC, but other than Illmatic the other joints were lazy, dude worked with puff
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom