If life is found on other planets, does that make Christianity a fraud religion?

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by mattg

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Point is, Mars and the other natural satellites are considered part of the heavens...generally speaking
Neil Armstrong has been on the moon, according to Christianity does that mean he has been to the heavens? I am seriously asking.
I would like to hear the answer to this also

Uhhh yes, i'm not even christian, but common sense should (but this is nt) tell you that "heavens" is more in reference to skies, than the actual "heaven" where god lives with all the good dead christians.
If you are not a Christian why are you answering a question addressed to a christian? You make a condescending statement about common sense and then exercise none. Now I will wait to see if a Christian answers the question because he/she might have a different answer.

Why would you need a christian to answer that? if it makes you feel any better i grew up christian. "Heavens" again is more a general term used in reference to "skies", as opposed to just "heaven"/the afterlife. If a christian says any different they lack common sense too, and don't fully understand their own religion. One.
It sounds like you love reading your own posts and hearing the sound of your own voice but again I will wait to see if a Christian will answer my question. Since you know everything about everything and have as much common sense as you do maybe you will understand that. It's obvious your opinion is not the one I am looking for but yet you still feel the need to state your opinion. Use your common sense and social skills. ONE.

coming as a on/off christian, maybe more of an agnostic, i think i can answer the question you're looking to be answered: common sense should (but this is nt) tell you that "heavens" is more in reference to skies, than the actual "heaven" where god lives with all the good dead christians. so in a way yes neil armstrong and any person who has travelled in space has travelled to "the heavens". but that as not the same as "heaven" where god and angels are. i think "the heavens" is kind of an older term now so it isn't used as much, which probably caused the confusion between young and older folks so maybe it really isn't common sense lol but yeah. in fact the traditional meaning of heaven is the skies, until around 1000AD they started using it to refer to an afterlife (thanks wikipedia!). i also looked up the word heaven in a dictionary and the term "the heavens" was actually in there and it said it means the sky, beyond the earth, space, etc.
Are you the same guy posting under a different name? Common sense should tell you (but this is nt) that I don't a give a rats @** about what you think. The question was directed towards a praticing christian. Not someone who grew up christian or an on again off again christian who is really agnostic. The lack of reading comprehension skills some people have is unbelievable, now I will wait to see if an actual practicing Christian answers the question but most likely it will be answered by another know it all who gets all his/her answers from wikipedia or yahoo answers. I don't care if the Christian gives me the exact same answer I would just like to hear what an actual Chrisitian has to say but some of you just can't understand that.
U mad?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I swear only NT where someone can make such a big deal out of a simple concept. "Heaven" = double meaning
smh.gif

I told myself I wouldn't reply to this thread but seeing your posts just makes me shake my head. Dudes are giving you the answer you are looking for but you just decide to get confrontational and start attacking these guys. If you do not have anything meaningful to add then just keep it moving.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

How do you know that is the exact same answer a practicing christian would give me? I am not getting confrontational, if you read the other poststhe other guys were being condescending in their unsolicited responses so I responded accordingly. I know a Christian might give me the exact same answer theygave me but I would like to hear it from an actual Christian. Is that so hard to understand? Your asking if I am mad but you just admitted that my posts gotyou so heated you had to respond. Do you see the irony?

epox -
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i am a Christian . Neil Armstrong was in THE HEAVENS when he landed on the Moon , not HEAVEN . its beenstated a billion times in this thread what the difference is , youre just being difficult for the sake of being difficult

SMH at dudes trynna convert over a forum.
smh.gif

And SMH at Athesits who could probably only name 2 religions.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Prez T

epox -
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i am a Christian . Neil Armstrong was in THE HEAVENS when he landed on the Moon , not HEAVEN . its been stated a billion times in this thread what the difference is , youre just being difficult for the sake of being difficult
Thank you Prez T your response was the only one I was looking for but for some reason I got 3 other unsolicited responses. I am sure this postingwill get 3 more responses also, feel free to carry on.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Atheists...the only thing funnier than religious zealots.
forreal

its hilarious how steadfast and ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE they are that religion isnt true and that a god doesnt exist

Dude, they watched Zeitgeist. I think they have all the info they need.

roll.gif
swendro88 wrote:

forreal

its hilarious how steadfast and ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE they are that religion isnt true and that a god doesnt exist

Dude, they watched Zeitgeist. I think they have all the info they need.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

didnt they already find microorganisms on mars though? maybe im thinking of something else

i remember reading something about that also

*waits for someone to shed more light*
nerd.gif

OP SO I HEARING UFOs ARE IN THE BIBLE UING YOUR LOGIC IF THEY FIND OTHER LIFE DOES THAT PROVECHRISTIANITY RIGHT?

I love these type of arguments because religious people will start to bend the words of the bible to encompass all things....sort of like Nostradamus and hispredictions....anything can almost be meant to explain anything if you try hard enough....

EDIT: I have a short story for everyone here.....about 2200 years ago, in a small country in Europe that was yet to be named, my ancestors where invaded andmade to observe Roman laws and beliefs or be killed...so they did....1700 years ago, a man who was a missionary rolled through with his boys (that had swordsand horses) and said "any chance you want to become christian, if not we will kill you"....1300 years ago it was taken over again by the byzantineempire, 400 years later they broke away, changing beliefs during the course....then it went back and forth for the next 400-600 years between many warringnations, ending with the ottomans....we became a country in 1878 then became dissolved in 2001.....each time power changed hands my ancestors were forced tochange religions and beliefs just to live. Realize that you do not choose your religion, they are born upon you, unless your family is open enough to let youchoose what you think is best. How can you fight so hard to convince someone of something that you really have no choice over ???

and for everyone who says atheists and religious zealots are the same, are trying too broadly paint people to help their situations/arguments, and its ok toadmit that you dont have all the answers or that you are wrong, or that you DONT EVEN KNOW the real answer....if it makes you a better person thats all thatshould matter, for yourself and others...

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I'm one of the few that completely backs science while being a loyal christian. So it wouldn't change anything for me.
How does that work?
Ok, let me make it simple for you. You know how King Arthur has the Excalibur and Merlin, well replace King Arthur with God, the Excalibur with Satan, and Merlin with Jesus, and King Arthur's horse with evolution. That's how I believe in god and evolution.
That was %*$**@+ ******ed. Murder yourself.
I couldn't help myself. Calm down young man.
laugh.gif

I'm one of the few that completely backs science while being a loyal christian. So it wouldn't change anything for me.
How does that work?
Ok, let me make it simple for you. You know how King Arthur has the Excalibur and Merlin, well replace King Arthur with God, the Excalibur with Satan, and Merlin with Jesus, and King Arthur's horse with evolution. That's how I believe in god and evolution.
That was %*$**@+ ******ed. Murder yourself.
I couldn't help myself. Calm down young man.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dude was mashing the keys on the keyboard.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

forreal

at the end of the day , if you have faith that a higher power exists , theres no way to DISPROVE it . if you believe that god doesnt exist , there is no way to PROVE it
. both beliefs hinge on faith

QFT.......This is what Athiest's seem to not understand.
some of them do . a lot of them though have such a strong anger towards religion that they will still continue to bash it and those who believe in a god
let's not forget who needs who folks....churches have to recruit believers, people who aren't religious don't have to do a damn thing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

forreal

at the end of the day , if you have faith that a higher power exists , theres no way to DISPROVE it . if you believe that god doesnt exist , there is no way to PROVE it

Because they are what they call us. They say we always think we're right and so sure but go and do the same thing. They talk about the hypocrisies of the bible, us and Christianity, but most are hypocrites themselves.

They look for us to fail. How do I know this? Let me get my girl pregnant. These vultures will eat me alive as if I'm not human. The same people who argue to us that we should treat people like humans and give them equal rights will disregard their own words and go in for the kill.

The same people who use Jesus' "cast the first stone" scripture against us will begin to cast boulders.

Exactly, that is why I will continue to say that most atheists are the biggest hypocrites. If you really are an athiest and you care so little, I shouldn't be able to know that you are via internet
eyes.gif
I don't understand your logic. I think you are confusing Atheism with Apathy. They both start with an A. Who has ever said that Atheist careso little? I don't think you have to be apathetic to be an Atheist. I am an Atheist and I never suggest I don't care. Not believing in God doesn'tmean you don't care about the atrocities carried out in his name. Inform yourself, little one.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

forreal

some of them do . a lot of them though have such a strong anger towards religion that they will still continue to bash it and those who believe in a god
let's not forget who needs who folks....churches have to recruit believers, people who aren't religious don't have to do a damn thing
laugh.gif
Zeitgeist Movement, Bill maher, Hitchens, Dawkins they all try to recruit. Atheist are just as bad as people who are super religious. I canrespect dudes who dont believe in god but dont care if you do thse dudes hate religion. Bill maher is my dude tho

Originally Posted by ninjahood

forreal

\
Let is be known, I don't know what happens after you die and I don't know if a God exists or not. I'm just going onfacts for now.......

The answer is "NOBODY KNOWS"....but based on facts, there is no reason for me to believe in a God or religion. And don't give me that what ifyou're wrong bulls###. Which religion am I supposed to choose to play it safe???????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
dude said little one. Atheist's biggest claim is to not caring about ones religion, and therefore being far more rational than others without the samebeliefs. What is paradoxical is that on this forum it is often the Atheists that exude the gang mentality, and resort to name calling like "littleone"...... Atheists in their united hatred for religion, become indoctrinated into the system itself in the process.....I could care less that you feelyou are separate from this apathy, and if you are in fact as passionate as you claim, I suggest you find something worth being passionate about besidessomething which exists for the sole purpose of denouncing something.

Back
Top Bottom