If you were an NBA superstar (top 6 player), would you take a minimum salary to play for Miami?

Money is no issue. You have endorsements, investments out the !!$. The NBA paycheck is chump change to you.

Would you sacrifice millions to play with 3 great players and try to completely devour every other team in the league? Sign a 1 year, $2 Million dollar deal and give it a run?

I can honestly say that if I were in that position, I'd definitely give it a try. To be apart of such a historic team would be pretty dope IMO.

I'm probably gunna be the only one who would do that 
laugh.gif

Edit: Ok, LeBron, Wade and Bosh take another pay cut and you each are earning 12 Million. Then would you do it?

Nah I would want to be the number one guy. I know it's a terrible mindset to have but when I play, I go out there thinking I'm the best player on the court

Short term perhaps. If I can get getting a ring out of the way early in my career, then my 2 yr deal expires and I can go back to trying to do it as the undisputed #1 guy on the team

1. you wanna make the most money for you and your family.  it's stupid

2. you should've have a competive spirit and want to compete vs. a great team not join them.

3. How your legacy look?

4. Being the man mentality is what got you to being a top 6 player in the league. You can't turn that off

5. Your stats would be dropped alot. 

The only good thing is you would be a champion if everything came together.  But how would it look if ya'll still lost?  Naw not me.  Gimme that Joe Johnson, Gilbert Arenas money

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Money is no issue. You have endorsements, investments out the +$%. The NBA paycheck is chump change to you.

Would you sacrifice millions to play with 3 great players and try to completely devour every other team in the league? Sign a 1 year, $2 Million dollar deal and give it a run?

I can honestly say that if I were in that position, I'd definitely give it a try. To be apart of such a historic team would be pretty dope IMO.

I'm probably gunna be the only one who would do that 
laugh.gif
Nope, you're not the only one.  I'd do it as long as I was a regular contributor on the team.  If money was no issue then the only thing left for me to do would be to get the rings, and I'd want as many as I could get my hands on. 

The 15 mil disparity isnt chump change to any athlete

If you get a career ending injury or death that 15 mil difference turns into 75+ mil that you and/or your family could have had.

You're not guaranteed a ring, especially if someone gets injured come ECF/Finals time. If you take 2 years to win that 15 mil difference becomes 30 mil.

Your ring would be the cheapest most embarassing ring in sports. If you really wanna show you're putting winning over money then take a pay cut for ur current team and go out and beat Miami.

I hate the heat.

I'd be the idiot making pennies compared to lebron wade and bosh while putting in just as much work.

I'd by default have to be Chris Bosh's BFF.

Minimum? Absolutely not.

If I'm a Top 6 player, everyone around me better be taking a paycut too, and not no minimum salary crap.

I don't see how I would turn down 12 million a year playing with the best players in the NBA though.

Imagine if you had the best player at each position making 12 million a year, on the same team...

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Na. I would want to beat them
QFT. Not even if they were the team that was putting out the most money for me. I would refuse to play for that team. 

No. Why would I want to be the 4th option? I want to lead my team as a top 6 player. And as a new guy you would be the 4th option.

Only if they all bowed down to me and ceded that it was my team a.k.a. I'm taking 40 shots per game, every game winning and tying shot, and purposely averaging my lowest in assists for my career (just in case I'm a top 6 player known for exceptional passing ability).

if i was a top 6 player in the NBA? NO! NEVER
Here is a random list of players and it's over 6 players
Celtics: Rondo
Nets: D. Williams
Knicks: Anthony
Bulls: Rose
Magic: Howard
Trail Blazers: Aldridge
Timberwolves: Love
Mavericks: Dirk
Lakers: Kobe
Clippers: CP3
Warriors: Ellis
If I were one of these guys, I wouldn't want to be on the Heat. I want to beat them! Just like what the Mavs did last summer. If I'm one of the top superstars, it means more to beat them then to win with them.

Makes no sense. At this point in time you could probably assemble your own squad somewhere and still get what you're owed AND compete with the Heat. Just not in New York though.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Minimum? Absolutely not.

If I'm a Top 6 player, everyone around me better be taking a paycut too, and not no minimum salary crap.

I don't see how I would turn down 12 million a year playing with the best players in the NBA though.

Imagine if you had the best player at each position making 12 million a year, on the same team...
Ok that sounds better. 12 Million each

Ok, so you guys would take 12 million to play with Bosh, James and Wade for one year?

Team up with the other two out of the top 6, and make them take the minimum

No, it's your career. You get the most money you can in every opportunity.

Originally Posted by JPZx

No, it's your career. You get the most money you can in every opportunity.

This. Let's just say the Heat had only 15 million in cap space last year so each player would only earn 5 million as opposed to 14 million. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take that drastic of a paycut to play together. 

Back
Top Bottom