If you were an NBA superstar (top 6 player), would you take a minimum salary to play for Miami?

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

nope id join Amare, Tyson, Melo in NY or Blake and CP3 in LA, or Kobe in LA, or D-Rose in Chi, or D-Will or Dwight
wherever they may be headed still have talent surrounding me and still making that near max deal of course
ill take a paycut from say 15mil to 10mil or something alongside those lines to add another superstar to the mix

See and this is the exact reason why I feel there is a lot of bias here. Just because it's the Heat.  Some of you may not be biased in your decision but a lot of you guys seem to be. This dude just said he'd do the same thing, just on another team. Same money (12 Million), same amount of superstars.

im not biased against the Heat but if im a top 6 player im not taking 2 mil/ a year to be a third or fourth option on the Heat 
i rather be a 1-2 option on another team with talent and make that 12 mil a year i dont know im selfish 
laugh.gif

plus imagine the playoffs, the challenge, the excitement, the epic series 
pimp.gif
there is a lot of bias towards the heat... you say joining cp3, blake you would be the 1st or 2nd option? even as the lakers with kobe and pau..
knicks with melo and amare?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

This whole "superteam" trend is absolutely pathetic. Competitiveness is DEAD.
Some of ya'll seem like the type of dudes that when you pick squads during pick up ball...always try to pick the biggest/tallest players.

"I got first...let me get the 6'8 guy right there"

But this isn't a pickup game, this is years of your playing career.

"Superteams" are just players taking a more active role in their careers. Teams with a superstar and another near-superstar/great player or two will win championships. The difference between Lebron and Wade teaming up and Jordan and Pippen playing together, is one situation occurred because the management got the player, and the other occurred because the player went to another team voluntarily. Should players be forced to suffer for their careers because their GM(s) can't build a successful roster? There's always going to be teams with a superstar and great players, they just occur via trade or the draft. Those things are out of a players control, so with superteams players are taking an active role in their situation.

Not to mention, this outrageous fear of "superteams ruining the league" is absurd. The Heat have been successful. The Knicks have not. If you want to call the Clippers one then there's another.. and then wherever Dwight and Deron end up. Boston is on their way out too. BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE YOUNG STARS? Like Durant.. who extended with OKC.. like Rose... who stayed. Like Russ who stayed. Like Kevin Love... who stayed. Until these young stars don't extend off their rookie deals and end up in Boston or LAL all making 7 million dollars a year, I'm not worried.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Some of ya'll seem like the type of dudes that when you pick squads during pick up ball...always try to pick the biggest/tallest players.

"Superteams" are just players taking a more active role in their careers. Teams with a superstar and another near-superstar/great player or two will win championships. The difference between Lebron and Wade teaming up and Jordan and Pippen playing together, is one situation occurred because the management got the player, and the other occurred because the player went to another team voluntarily. Should players be forced to suffer for their careers because their GM(s) can't build a successful roster? There's always going to be teams with a superstar and great players, they just occur via trade or the draft. Those things are out of a players control, so with superteams players are taking an active role in their situation.

Not to mention, this outrageous fear of "superteams ruining the league" is absurd. The Heat have been successful. The Knicks have not. If you want to call the Clippers one then there's another.. and then wherever Dwight and Deron end up. Boston is on their way out too. BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE YOUNG STARS? Like Durant.. who extended with OKC.. like Rose... who stayed. Like Russ who stayed. Like Kevin Love... who stayed. Until these young stars don't extend off their rookie deals and end up in Boston or LAL all making 7 million dollars a year, I'm not worried.
Well said

Bonafide superstar and if the ring was top priority for me then yes.

Endorsements and other avenues will more than allow me to make up that money I will leave on the table.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Well said

exactly and ppl saying no, name 5 teams in the history of the nba, ever of all time that didnt have a superstar/great player 2 or 3 great players in their starting lineup. its simply impossible never has nor ever will happen. It is just common bball logic. if its just one guy hell even to guys, the likelihood that they both/one player is always on, never having anything less then a spectacular performance, let alone never having to face a trap/double team an entire season/playoffs/championship as far as i can recall has never happened in the nba.

As good as jordan, even dominating men like shaq, wilt, etc wouldnt be able to win a chip with just team and a bunch of ok/average/decent players. And as far as ppl saying having to many stars on a team would diminish your superstar status, just shows you werent much of a superstar to begin with. I mean look at that team usa. which arguable was the greatest team ever assembled. I dont recall jordan taking a backseat to anyone on that team, and was still viewed as a superstar and leader.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

there is a lot of bias towards the heat... you say joining cp3, blake you would be the 1st or 2nd option? even as the lakers with kobe and pau.. knicks with melo and amare?

if your a top 6 player tho? your gonna be no less than a 2nd option 
it still comes down to id rather be a top 3 option with a 12 mil paycheck then a 4th option with a 2 mil paycheck

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

there is a lot of bias towards the heat... you say joining cp3, blake you would be the 1st or 2nd option? even as the lakers with kobe and pau.. knicks with melo and amare?

if your a top 6 player tho? your gonna be no less than a 2nd option 
it still comes down to id rather be a top 3 option with a 12 mil paycheck then a 4th option with a 2 mil paycheck

Money is no issue. You have endorsements, investments out the +$%. The NBA paycheck is chump change to you.
Would you sacrifice millions to play with 3 great players and try to completely devour every other team in the league? Sign a 1 year, $2 Million dollar deal and give it a run?

It was even revised to each of "The Big 4" all taking a paycut and getting 12 Million each. That's still great money

Still wouldn't do it?

No way, too competitive. I'd hope I was a top 5 PG and sign with the Knicks tho, they actually do need it. However I would not get paid the "minimum"either to play for the Knicks.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

No way, too competitive. I'd hope I was a top 5 PG and sign with the Knicks tho, they actually do need it. However I would not get paid the "minimum"either to play for the Knicks.

Then you'd be part of a Superteam in NY. You just contradicted yourself

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Then you'd be part of a Superteam in NY. You just contradicted yourself
It definitely HAS to be Heat bias. Cause with all of that laid out, including your 1st original sentence like I mentioned, I'm just not seeing
the "oh no I'm way too competitive" thing. If you have already racked up loads of money, and "money is no issue", since it is "chump

change to you", I really can't see how anybody could say no.

sucks to be the cavs, toronto, orlando FO coz they invested in a player to develop and become an allstar.................

The people scoffing at those of us with a competitive nature are hilarious. In this situation you realize the team would have 3 superstars and a 4th GREAT player? At that point it has become about not wanting to work for you're right to become a champion. None of you would praise any man who shortcuts his way to greatness in any other realm yet when the heat come up suddenly we are supposed to act like what they are attempting is valiant. Stop it. If I'm top 6 in the league I'm, deservedly so, expected to want to beat those in my realm of talent. Not join them.

fool what kinda logic is that...if i wanna win all day, yea im picking the 6'8 dude that can hoop.

and yea if im a superstart that means i can get buckets easy...so im gonna touch the ball and get shots. why wouldnt i wanna win.

some of you dudes try to hard to go against the grain...

Yeah, Miami is an amazing city have you seen their practice facility, its overlooking the water. Great beaches, weather, women, nightlife, and a winning basketball team with some of the top 5 ballers in the world on it. Not to mention Lebron Wade and Bosh are in their primes currently and the Heat are gonna be making the playoffs year after year with so many chances at a title. Those 15 Heat players are living an absolute dream IMO. 

Back
Top Bottom