If you're an only child, come in... but don't touch any of my stuff.

Me
smile.gif

i dont like when people touch my @+$@.. but i have 3 brothers.. so eh.. maybe it's because ive always had my own room?
boooo only children tho

Yeah I hate people touching my #***, I'm notthe only child but I have half sisters and a half brother. They in their 20's now but when my bro comes back home he's always in my ++$+*!%!@#!*% roomwatching my TV, playing my xbox, on my comp downloading his #*** music, the list goes on.

I just realized something about myself. I'm not used to quarreling bc I'm an only child and i always thought that most people are that way, but most people are used to fighting and arguing with a sibling so they're accustomed to a little animosity. I didn't even know siblings fought until i was like 12. I honestly thought they were all best friends. This is legitimately like an epiphany to me and changes how I've seen life.

Have a older half sister and half brother. But I was raised an only child. (My moms only child) I realized I had a lot of selfish tendencies, I had to let go of. Along with entitlement. My parents provided me with anything I wanted. But I was a latch key child, alot of alone time.

Only child checking in.

Crazy how rare it is, I am the only person I know in my inner circle, only one in my family as well. A few thoughts....

Yes, alone time is essential.
Adaptable-have to be
Patient-with no other kids around I had to acclimate to interacting with adults for most of my life
Leader-sounds like a humble brag but it's more of a symptom than a trait....I do my own thing, always have.....people kind of look at you shook when you say 'nah I'm good' to things your company may 'require' or what may be viewed as contrarian....Just a symptom of my upbringing really.

Couldn’t imagine growing up a only child. Especially poor, that **** had to be lonely.

Couldn’t imagine growing up a only child. Especially poor, that **** had to be lonely.

speaking from experience, your imagination is more robust than kids with siblings...you got more space to grow into a unique independent person, your items are yours and yours only... privacy, serenity, chill vibes, all at your finger tips...

I was literally unpacking some of my only child baggage the other day with my potna who has like four siblings.

**** is pretty deep. I’m a possessive person like a mf because I never had to share the little that I had growing up. And 9 times out of 10, it’s my way or the high way. :smh: :lol:

speaking from experience, your imagination is more robust than kids with siblings...you got more space to grow into a unique independent person, your items are yours and yours only... privacy, serenity, chill vibes, all at your finger tips...

idk man I feel like I got a lot of these traits but I only have 1 younger sister so things usually went my way and we almost always had our own stuff.

now that I think about it I don't think we ever even went to the same school after like 6th grade/2nd for her.

I was literally unpacking some of my only child baggage the other day with my potna who has like four siblings.

**** is pretty deep. I’m a possessive person like a mf because I never had to share the little that I had growing up. And 9 times out of 10, it’s my way or the high way. :smh: :lol:
I’ve severed many a relationships by being this way. Especially with some good women.
992B24C9-157D-4FD2-A4BF-A075D5C95D9E.png

I have three older brothers but they were the ones who all grew up together and by the time I came around, the one closest to me in age was 13 years old already. It’s sort of a cruel joke that we get this perspective on life and ourselves after we’ve had time to reflect but
B5044046-830D-4EEF-B1C4-899E62B437B7.png
. That’s life.

With friends and girls I'm loyal to a fault, especially since i don't have a large family so i value relationships.
Also this, though.
I’ve been loyal to people who had no business of deserving my loyalty. Sometimes to my detriment. :smh:

Only child here. I'm the only, only child in my family too, I just realized this :lol
I hate that people assume that you're spoiled just because you're the only child :{
Imo people with siblings are the most spoiled.

Couldn’t imagine growing up an only child. My Mario Kart skills would’ve been so average.

Couldn’t imagine growing up an only child. My Mario Kart skills would’ve been so average.
I would’ve missed out on all the Cool 90s **** if I ain’t see my older siblings ******* with it. My sis put me onto no limit/cash money, dmx, pac n big basically all music in elementary.

Also that feeling of being the og who bless ya younger brothers/sister with some game and they come home telling u how people in their class flipped out> irony of this tho is I got 1 kid and probably will never have another.

That's wild how things like this turn out.

I used to be called selfish so much that i forced myself to be more compromising and now I'm not selfish enough smh

I had the same experience and it comes up in my therapy.

I started life in a 2 parent household. Then my parents got divorced when I was 5. My mother and I had to move from LA to Philly when I was 7 because of gang violence. We stayed with my mothers best friend who acted as extended family. The extended family would constantly call me selfish among other things that were alot worse. My mother and I were piss poor when we moved to Philly. I went from having a stable environment to something extremely volatile to the point I was concerned at 7 of what my mother would need to sacrifice so that we could eat. The extended family took full advantage of the situation to mold me into someone who was at the servitude to them under the false premise of me being selfish.

From most of my life moving forward I have lived very unselfishly and constantly compromising.

I share this to say that its worth doing the self care work to undue the narrative of being something that others have labeled you as versus who you feel you really are.

Back
Top Bottom