I'm about to throw my Infared 90's in the wash...

So what should I do?? I know I have to throw them in a pillow case and then wash them. Also taking the insoles are a must.

What kind of detergent do I use??? How warm should the water be??

Air dry too?

Liquid detergent is okay.

Gentle cycle in the washing machine. Once the machine is done, TAKE THE SHOES OUT AND DO NOT PUT THEM INTO THE DRYER.

I assume you're in NYC...give yourself two days to let the shoes dry. Stuff the toeboxes with socks or towels so that they can keep the shape they hadbefore.

Also take the laces out. You can wash them with the shoes, just make sure they're separate. Don't put the laces in the dryer, either, because they willbecome frayed.

for get bout putting kicks in the wash. MR. clean magic eraser its gods gift to the sneaker world

Too late, threw them in the wash already. I put them in cold water and used Clorox color safe bleach liquid detergent. I also put them inside a white pillowcase, which i don't understand why I needed to do this.

The main problem was that the toe box was dirty from a little running I did earlier. If the dirt is still in the white mesh and suede then I'll just buy aMr. Clean magic eraser.

Pillow case keeps them from getting tossed around so much (if they're getting washed by themselves or with only other shoes). Just prevents damage andkeeps them more stable. Ditto on stuffing them while drying, but if you want them to dry faster, stuff with newspaper or something similar. The paper will drawout the moisture pretty quickly, just change the newspaper when it gets damp. If the laces need cleaning better, put them in some hot water with oxyclean (orcomparable product) in a water or coke bottle and shake. Repeat that if you need to and then rinse them real good.

just in general use this SEVEN SIGNS detergent. its like 9.00 a bottle but that stuff makes your clothes last a lot longer. i forget the maker.

Haven't you made a thread about this before?

laugh.gif

proof?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

So what should I do??
Refer to the 27 other 'how do i wash my infra/structure/pippins/mesh/midsole' threads and follow theinstructions.

Ahuh.
eyes.gif

Ok, so I came home after being outside for the whole day and they look BRAND NEW. I didn't take any before pics, because I didn't have access to acamera.

You guys should really try this out. It worked wonders.

aww... photographical documentation would have been cool... before & after...

glad it worked out...

washing machine........check
detergent....................check
pillowcase...................check
infrared air max 90's.......
frown.gif

glad it worked out for you, if i ever get a pair ill try it.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again: With all the focus on the shoes, people forget about the washing machine itself.

Always wash your kicks with some other whites (tees, underwear, sheets w/e) otherwise your kicks are gonna dent the hell out of your washingmachine drum.

Before you know it, you'll be passing on some grails cause you need a new washer....not cool.

Originally Posted by yep617

washing machine........check
detergent....................check
pillowcase...................check
infrared air max 90's.......
frown.gif

glad it worked out for you, if i ever get a pair ill try it.

Same with me.

Theres been a million different threads for just washing this single shoe alone. Need to take alot of pictures after the wash though so everyone can see howthey turned out, regardless if you have before pics or not.

Back
Top Bottom