Information Technology (IT)

so tomorrow is my first day... working as a gov contractor for a help desk position...

how should I dress? are jeans + button up good? I forgot how people were dressing when I went in for an interview. 

all I remember is that no one was wearing a suit or tie lol.

I would be a bit more conservative and wear chinos, a button up and some dress shoes. Better to be over dressed than under.

the help desk guys at my job routinely come to work in sweats 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
to those App Engineers...how do you tackle multiple projects getting thrown at you? i spend half of my day in meetings and usually bringing work home

to those App Engineers...how do you tackle multiple projects getting thrown at you? i spend half of my day in meetings and usually bringing work home
I block out time on my calendar just for doing work, so when people send outlook invites it shows me as being booked.

This thread ALWAYS manages to veer off from the real IT industry related jobs :lol:

NT'ers always manage to derail this thread and start talking about engineering, finance, data analysis, MBA degree's etc...

Sheesh :lol:

Last edited:
This thread ALWAYS manages to veer off from the real IT industry related jobs :lol:

NT'ers always manage to derail this thread and start talking about engineering, finance, data analysis, MBA degree's etc...

Sheesh :lol:

None of the other threads are active, but I'd say this thread is more IT than anything else. This thread title should be IT/Software

Last edited:
Yeah the programming thread is dead so I usually come in here with my situations and everyone is still always helpful even though I'm doing software engineering.

What is the most relevant and useful coding language to learn? I am currently working on my MBA and I was originally considering getting it in IT management, but I decided against it.

However I want to develop a technical background and would like to learn at least the very basics of coding through Youtube and CodeAcademy.

Didn't cisco recently updated the 100-105 and 200-205? Granted it may not be a big update but would that also be updated in the course?

It's been a while since i've posted in here. Was on an IT Project Management contract that kept me the typical "i'm busy", great experience and opportunity but unfortunately today was my last day. If anyone has any leads in CLT or Atlanta, let me know.

Just had my interview for a contract IT Project Coordinator position, felt weird that the dude interviewing me was younger than me :lol: I think I did pretty well. My recruiter said I'm one of the most qualified of the people they've interviewed since I've actually done a little PM work and that's my career goal so we'll see what happens.

What is the most relevant and useful coding language to learn? I am currently working on my MBA and I was originally considering getting it in IT management, but I decided against it.

However I want to develop a technical background and would like to learn at least the very basics of coding through Youtube and CodeAcademy.

Depends on what you want to do w/ it. If you want ample job opportunities Java or a C language. If you just want an easy language, PHP, or the standard web dev languages HTML, CSS (plue Bootstrap), JavaScript and JQuery

It's been a while since i've posted in here. Was on an IT Project Management contract that kept me the typical "i'm busy", great experience and opportunity but unfortunately today was my last day. If anyone has any leads in CLT or Atlanta, let me know.
If you want to stay in the contract realm (or even some direct-hire gigs), get in contact with RobertHalfTechnology.  They are a big recruiter up here in Charlotte and usually have alot of openings they are trying to fill for alot of large companies.

Depends on what your trying to get into...html/css/java script is your front end basics. Apple have their own language for their mobile devices and so does android. Python is straight forward and tend to be used in back end.

If you want to stay in the contract realm (or even some direct-hire gigs), get in contact with RobertHalfTechnology.  They are a big recruiter up here in Charlotte and usually have alot of openings they are trying to fill for alot of large companies.

Good look, I always forget about RH.

Got a question some folks in here might be able to answer. So I live in california but for some reason every time I'm browsing a site (say home depot) and want to pick up an item in the store my location is always set to seattle. I've reset the modem and router numerous times but this continues to happen. I just reset my icloud password and my iphone was telling me that someone from seattle is trying to log in when I was the one logging in. How do I get my location to show the correct location? Is there a router setting I need to fix?

Just got a verbal offer for this project coordinator position I interviewed for last week, feels good man. Not getting excited until I'm signin the papers to start. Scheduled start date is April 10th. Been a long time coming.

:pimp: my man

Landed a job in cybersecurity w/o knowing much except for basic computer skills last year may and i learned alot about this field.

Yes i got lucky with this job. I have no degree nor any certs, and im starting to realize that i need to make myself valuable before its too late (and the fact that i waited this long :smh: )

Ive decided that im going to do certs rather than attend a 4 year school, anybody know any good sites for me to do research on certs, if there are any?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom