Information Technology (IT)

not as much...

much of the test was specific to AWS apps/services, security/identity and access management, benefits of cloud computing for costs, elasticity, fault tolerance, and such...

lotta questions regarding cost models for compute instances - on-demand, reserves, spot instances - important to know the difference
Nice, def will considered studying for that. Still trying to find my direction. You know the grinds Cyber, Data & ALgo, and cloud

Any tips after a+, security +,and network+? 2 years of help desk experience. Some with Autotask some with ServiceNow. CCNA?

Any tips after a+, security +,and network+? 2 years of help desk experience. Some with Autotask some with ServiceNow. CCNA?

Great job on your Journey so far.
Depends on what interests you the most and what kind of job you'd like to get next. You already have a networking cert so maybe try for a cloud or server cert?

Depends on what you're interested in. Many people go for a Network or Security admin position after help desk.
1639666619125.png

Applied for what I thought was a Sys Admin job on USA Jobs. Had the interview earlier this week and it was a damn “knowledge manager” position. Basically making KBA’s and SOP’s threw me for a loop. I was able to wing it and felt like it went pretty well but I don’t think I wanna be a technical writer. I prefer being hands on and actually technical. Money is good so I’d actually consider it plus I’d be moving from contract to Fed.
Thats dope, and wishing you the best. If you dont mind me asking what is the ballpark amount regarding salary? I just started at a new place, been doing IT for roughly 6 years and trying to transition into true sys admin. My director set a road map for me of the next 6 months to jump into that role. Honestly, I've been too preoccupied helping on lvl 1 stuff i havent been able to study azure and etc to confidently step into that., but the numbers are whats pushing me.

Quick question:

So my friend has zero IT experience and he said he's going for security+ hoping to land a Job in infosec.

I told him he'll never land a job with zero IT background experience and that the cert alone won't get him anywhere.

This guy didn't even know how to connect an external monitor to his laptop :stoneface:

My question is am I wrong? Can someone with only a sec+ cert land a job in infosec if you have zero IT background?

Quick question:

So my friend has zero IT experience and he said he's going for security+ hoping to land a Job in infosec.

I told him he'll never land a job with zero IT background experience and that the cert alone won't get him anywhere.

This guy didn't even know how to connect an external monitor to his laptop :stoneface:

My question is am I wrong? Can someone with only a sec+ cert land a job in infosec if you have zero IT background?
Anything is possible, but it doesn't sound likely.

Quick question:

Perhaps your delivery was wrong but you are most likely correct.

Last edited:
Thats dope, and wishing you the best. If you dont mind me asking what is the ballpark amount regarding salary? I just started at a new place, been doing IT for roughly 6 years and trying to transition into true sys admin. My director set a road map for me of the next 6 months to jump into that role. Honestly, I've been too preoccupied helping on lvl 1 stuff i havent been able to study azure and etc to confidently step into that., but the numbers are whats pushing me.
This is government. So if you’re familiar with that it would be a GS-11/12. I have previous gov experience so I’d be a little over $80k then if all goes well in a year around $90k. If I get picked for the other job “KBA/SOP writer” it would start around $90k. Honestly, you make more contracting with the gov as opposed to being on the inside. But gotta factor benefits and all that. I know I can get more so I’ll probably try to bounce after about 1 1/2 years.

What up, I'm currently a nurse looking to make the transition into IT. I've been doing some research and after a random convo with someone I met at a car wash I'm looking to get into ITSM/ITIL.

Last night I purchased 2 Udemy courses. Introduction to Service Management with ITIL 4 and The Complete ServiceNow System Administrator Course. I'm interested signing up for a bootcamp are.

Anyone here currently working in this specific field. Any tips on making this switch would be appreciated.

I landed the gig and as a bonus they offered me the position as manager of the Helpdesk Team.
CONGRATS my guy. I have a couple things lined up this week for a new second gig in the evening. Hoping things come through, my boy said his manager is suppose to reach out regarding a spot in Springfield. Ideal job and top of my list, I already do my day job in Springfield so no commuting. Also evening shift supervisors advocate you using the downtime to study, work out in the gym. Only don't sleep. I get that will start looking into Project+, Cloud+, and probably some networking certs.
What up, I'm currently a nurse looking to make the transition into IT. I've been doing some research and after a random convo with someone I met at a car wash I'm looking to get into ITSM/ITIL.

Last night I purchased 2 Udemy courses. Introduction to Service Management with ITIL 4 and The Complete ServiceNow System Administrator Course. I'm interested signing up for a bootcamp are.

Anyone here currently working in this specific field. Any tips on making this switch would be appreciated.

Welcome to the thread, you made the right decision. The transition will be MUCH easier than you probably think. Unfortunately not to familiar with those certs but just saw someone looking to hire for a Service Now Admin. 100% remote paying $175K.

175k for servicenow? I only used it at one job I was at for about a month but sheesh I didnt find it that difficult. Also congrats o da r entertainment da r entertainment

Thank you! Alot of companies are either now looking to move to SNOW or in the process of moving to SNOW. We will be moving to SNOW next year and I'll be tackling that to get some hands on experience with it.

if I know i dont want to go into networking do yall think its okay if I skip Net+?

Plan on studying for Sec+ right after I get my A+ since security is where I want to go for my career.

edit*
saw this:

download.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom