iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

Im a die hard android user (Galaxy S III) and this iPad mini looks GREAT. It looks like a galaxy note 2 to me lol. I'll be copping it because android tablets so far really don't impress me much.

i dont see why people would choose this over the kindle hd or the nexus tablet

Because the Kindle is limited in what it can actually do?
Its really a no brainer why people would take this over those two.

The construction, support, and lifespan of this product is superior to those two.

People who buy Kindles eventually and up buying iPads. I've seen it first hand.

Any pics of it yet?

It's the same thing just smaller. Photos from the event...

So im basically not missing much. :\

Like u said since the beginning of this thread.

Absolutely pointless!! And I would classify myself as a loyal apple consumer. What's next? iPhone mini?

I cant believe they dropped a 4th iPad already...

Guess they have to push the new lightning connector

^ If you have one already no. But for those who don't have one, it's an intriguing option. I'm getting a mini for my son (for Christmas).

if it was $250 i would have preordered now but screw that price. no im not cheap im just not stupid.

i dont see why people would choose this over the kindle hd or the nexus tablet

Some people prefer the Apple environment. They have accompanying products that complement it. Also, not for nothing, Apple is viewed as a steady brand that produces good products. Notwithstanding the blunder with the antenna issues on the iPhone 4 and the Maps app on the iPhone 5, they have a pretty good track record.

No. Apple has showed 2 iPads today.. The 4th Gen iPad AND the iPad Mini.

wait what?

Yep. There's a new iPad already.

-----------

Whats sad is, everyone is talking about how pointless the Mini is, when the fact that Apple stole half of everyones money earlier this year for a product that is half of what is being released now.
This new iPad 4th gen is twice as powerful as the iPad 3. Twice the graphics power, twice the GPU speed... Same price.

But... The mini is pointless?

Nah, the mini was made to compete with the competition...

The iPad 3 was pointless.

But nobody saw that.

kanye-west-shrug.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I see. Its a marginal update.

Though rumors pointed primarily at the introduction of a new iPad mini model at today's media event, Apple also announced an update to its full-size iPad, updating its processor to Apple's own A6X chip and adopting the new Lightning connector that debuted with the iPhone 5.

imo of course
pros:
bigger screen than most of competition
better battery life
iOS

cons:
more expensive the competition
lower resolution screen the competition
iOS

prime's point about the iPad 3 provided lulz

Last edited:
Whats sad is, everyone is talking about how pointless the Mini is, when the fact that Apple stole half of everyones money earlier this year for a product that is half of what is being released now.
This new iPad 4th gen is twice as powerful as the iPad 3. Twice the graphics power, twice the GPU speed... Same price.
But nobody saw that.

The iPad 3 wasn't pointless, it was a way for Apple to push the retina display down everyone's throat since it was incorporated in the previous released iPhone...  

The mini may be intended to compete with the competition but the pricing will prevent that from happening,which is a premium of approximately 65%, as compared to competitors prices of $199 for Kindle Fire and $250 for Google’s Nexus 7, 16GB models. That is NOT competitive pricing.  Plus, Google and Samsung are rumored to be collaborating on another tablet priced at $99.00.

No way it can justify that price point when the Nexus is so much cheaper. Apple dropped the ball with this one.

Apple usually offers premium product at an ultra-premium price.

I think this ipad Mini annoucement marks the first time that they have put out a market-level product yet still tried to command a premium price.

On an unrelated note...It's time to start saving up for that 27 inch iMac !!!!

Last edited:
Might cop a refurbished ipad 3 for my parents for christmas. I'll wait until Google's press conference on the 29th though. 10 inch nexus is rumored and it'll be made by Samsung. Would rather cop that than an ipad.

Last edited:
[rule]

But nobody saw that.

The iPad 3 wasn't pointless, it was a way for Apple to push the retina display down everyone's throat since it was incorporated in the previous released iPhone...  

The mini may be intended to compete with the competition but the pricing will prevent that from happening,which is a premium of approximately 65%, as compared to competitors prices of $199 for Kindle Fire and $250 for Google’s Nexus 7, 16GB models. That is NOT competitive pricing.  Plus, Google and Samsung are rumored to be collaborating on another tablet priced at $99.00.

Do you really thin that the price point will keep this thing from outselling those?
The regular iPad is $500+ and already outsells those.

When are you guys going to understand, Apple doesn't need competitive pricing :lol:

All oftheir **** is more expensive than their competitors. But does it not sell more?

We go through this every year with Apple products, and dudes talking about "this company this, and this company that"
But when it comes down to it, how many Nexus tablets have outsold the iPad so far? How many MP3 Players have EVER outsold the iPod? NONE.
But Apple has always been more expensive.

And how wasn't the iPad 3 pointless? Do you really think Apple JUST came up with the lightning connector? Do you think that idea came after the iPad 3?
Everything this iPad does, Apple has already had within this year...

This 4th Gen iPad is the equivalent to an iPhone 4S... Its what the original product was supposed to be at release. But whats even worse is, they didn't even wait an entire year to upgrade it.

If you bought an iPad 3 within the last 6 months, you got robbed fam.

Because can you honestly say they couldn't have waited and announced this iPad as the iPad 3 this year? Much like how they waited to update the computers?

@Prime you def know more than me about these iPads :lol: is the mini really THAT much better than a nexus? I know google has a press conf on te 29th and may announce a 10" model and upgrade the storage on the nexus 7, but I'm wondering if it's smarter to just wait on the price of the mini to drop or just buy a refurbished or used iPad 2? :lol: if the price were like 260-280 it'd be a no brainier for me but now I'm wondering smh

@Prime you def know more than me about these iPads :lol: is the mini really THAT much better than a nexus? I know google has a press conf on te 29th and may announce a 10" model and upgrade the storage on the nexus 7, but I'm wondering if it's smarter to just wait on the price of the mini to drop or just buy a refurbished or used iPad 2? :lol: if the price were like 260-280 it'd be a no brainier for me but now I'm wondering smh

I don't think the ipad mini is worth a $130 price difference between the Nexus 7. Yes the ipad mini is slightly bigger but considering it doesn't have retina display i don't see what warrants that big of a price difference. 16gb Nexus will be $199 once that 32gb model gets announced. Your paying for the "apple ecosystem" and an apple logo.

Back
Top Bottom