iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by dalilboy

so only if you got it after may 27th you get it for free?
yes, march 27th and on

its march or may?? how can i deactivate my iphone because im just thinking of giving it to my dad and getting the new one

I don't care if I renew my 2-year contract. I signed up January anyways, no big deal to me. Just as long as they don't charge me $10 extra dollars andtake away my 200 free text msgs.

wow.. i don't want to use sprint or t-mobile.. but when they activate your phone at the store.. will you still be able to get third party apps (aim, nessimulator, video recorder and etc.?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

so only if you got it after may 27th you get it for free?
yes, march 27th and on

its march or may?? how can i deactivate my iphone because im just thinking of giving it to my dad and getting the new one
god damn it i dont know why i keep saying march. i meant may 27th sorry

Just copped a used one cheap off of craigslist, unlocked it and am using it on T-Mobile.....love it.

so if i want to sell my iphone i just take me sim card and sell it? or do i have to deactivate it or something

Originally Posted by just reason

wow.. i don't want to use sprint or t-mobile.. but when they activate your phone at the store.. will you still be able to get third party apps (aim, nes simulator, video recorder and etc.?
anyone?

Originally Posted by just reason

wow.. i don't want to use sprint or t-mobile.. but when they activate your phone at the store.. will you still be able to get third party apps (aim, nes simulator, video recorder and etc.?

from what i understand it still would need to be jailbroken ( which will happen) for those apps. apple cant stop people from using the phone on othercarriers. my assumption (as far as you having to activate the phone at the store) is that only applies if you want the 199 or 299 price. and if you dontactivate it within the 30 days you just get charged the full amount. thats if you didnt pay the full amount up front.

Keeping the thread alive.... Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to the 3g iphone on July11th (release day) without too much hassle.

This is a long shot that anyone knows the answer, but hell i'll ask anyway.

I've wanted to get away from AT&T for a while. Now, if I were to upgrade to the 3G phone via the trade in, and lets say I wait a month, then cancel myAT&T contract, pay the $175 blah blah, would I be able to pop a Tmobile SIM card in there and it would work?

HELP PLEASE

I dropped my 8Gb iPhone and it won't let me "slide to unlock". I guess that part of the screen is cracked, but there is nothing physical thatshows that. I can still slide to power off, I guess since it is at the top. I restored with no success. I can still listen to music and accept calls, but withmy headphones only.

I was using it with tmobile, is there still any warranty, etc. because when i called the Apple Store they kept asking me for my AT&T number, do they askthis in the store too, even if I restore it?

Is my best bet to just sell it for repair/parts on eBay and buy another one?

Olie28....If the screen is not physically cracked, the Apple store WILL give you a new one. They'll just assume the phone must be defective. Is there anyphysical damage visible? If not, you should be good to go...

can i-phones be used on a pre-paid or to-go plan?

and im planning to buy a 3g iphone on release day just to use as an i-pod due to my small music playlist is it possible to just buy itself without activatingit?

While I have yet to read about the actual 3G iphone being able to be unlocked as of yet, Ziphone has cracker Apple 2.0. So I believe that it will be done soon,it is just that AT&T will want to secure as much profit as it can from this. So the software has been cracked, that much has proven.

I also think that the 3G iphone WILL be able to be unlocked faster than we think. From what i understand the US isnt the only place that will get the iphone.So since other countries arent using at&t there has to be an unlocked version to release. MAYBE it will be able to run on other GSM service providers rightout of the box.

But if thats not the case, it will be hard to get your hands on an unlocked 3g iphone because of the in store activation. Maybe people will go buy the phonepay the subsidized price, cancel the service and pay the $175 termination fee, unlock and sell it for rape prices. Correct me if im wrong but isntT-Mobile's 3G network only available in new york right now? So if your outside of New York, then the 3G iphone isnt worth it.

Back
Top Bottom