iPhone: Post everything here

Any idea when winpwn 3.0 comes out? I need my installer and cydia back!! And like the other guy asked- what are the good apps to download off those programs.

Winterboard and Cycorder
pimp.gif

It would help if you narrowed down what kind of apps you're looking for lol.. I recommend iComic, Flashlight, and MacMan

You guys can just hack your phones using Open SSH to modify the mobileinstallation file so that you can install cracked apps from the app store...IPA files youcan download and install via iTunes...I probably can't direct you to the links because of the rules, but you should google it if you're interested.Some of the paid apps and games are much better than ones you get free or via cydia/installer.

You would have to:

a) Install open ssh on your iphone via Cydia
b) Download an SSH/FTP client, i.e. Cyberduck
c) Download a modified mobileinstallation file that allows the installation of cracked IPA's
d) Turn on SSH, connect to your iPhone via Cyberduck using the correct wifi settings and root/alpine login
e) Find the right directory and overwrite the mobileinstallation file with the hacked one
f) Disconnect and restart your iPhone
g) Download hacked IPA's to your computer that you sync your iPhone with
h) Double click on the IPA's and they will show up in yoru Applications section in iTunes.
i) Sync iPhone and they will install on your iPhone.

You can find Cydia via Jailbreaking, Open SSH via Cydia, Cyberduck is a free client for your computer you can download, the modified mobileinstallation file isaround somewhere on the net or torrents I can't say exactly where because of the rules with hacked and cracked software. Then you can go to a site likeAppulo and download all the cracked games you want.

Make sure you download the correct mobileinstallation file (there are some tutorials on YouTube that have direct links in their info boxes) or you might freezeyour phone. You will need 2.0 and up software, I recommend going up to 2.1 since it is the most stable and is the most updated for app compatibility.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

^^ umm not that I know of. If you have a tv tuner or some type of program that plays tv on your computer..
you can stream it to your iphone via the OrbTV app for free. http://www.orb.com/en/orblivehttp://www.orb.com/en/orblive I don't have a tv tuner on my comp..but ill get one soon.
What about downloading videos to your iPhone via Safari, is that possible? If so, what folder do I put it in and how will it show up on my iPhoneso I can watch it through my iPod folder?

Figured that out..

ATTENTION CANADIAN iPhoners WE CAN NOW ACCESS THE AMERICAN APP STORE (without jailbreaking):

# 1. Go to http://www.tunecore.com/freealbum and copy the free album code
# 2. Go into iTunes and log out of your country's store
# 3. Select the US store
# 4. Click 'Redeem' in the upper-right section of the US store
# 5. Enter the code you copied and follow the remaining steps
(be sure to select "NONE" when it asks for billing info) Edit: How do I add apps from iTunes without having to reload all the apps I have on there ??

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by AJChick23

^^ umm not that I know of. If you have a tv tuner or some type of program that plays tv on your computer..
you can stream it to your iphone via the OrbTV app for free. http://www.orb.com/en/orblivehttp://www.orb.com/en/orblivehttp://www.orb.com/en/orblive I don't have a tv tuner on my comp..but ill get one soon.
What about downloading videos to your iPhone via Safari, is that possible? If so, what folder do I put it in and how will it show up on my iPhone so I can watch it through my iPod folder?
I've never heard of it being done via safari...why not just upload them through itunes?
But I don't know if you heard of the mxtube app...it lets you download youtube videos and save them directly on your iphone.

I always knew the iPhone was amazing, but i actually was messing around with one of my friends today and he was showing me all of this stuff on it.

Now..I NEED IT.

I have questions though.

Im with US Cellular so obviously i cant just get one.

Ive heard of unlocking iPhones, is there any risks to it? I dont wanna lose all that money. Anyone on here have an unlocked iPhone?

I dont get how it works if u have an unlokced iphone are u suppose to tell your carrier and they work it out or are you cheating them. The iPhone has its ownlittle plan or w.e how do i get all of that stuff like the internet and texting with my carrier uscellular?

Is it illegal to have them unlocked and used with a diffrent carrier?

Thanks for any help

Originally Posted by JDocs

Figured that out..

ATTENTION CANADIAN iPhoners WE CAN NOW ACCESS THE AMERICAN APP STORE (without jailbreaking):

# 1. Go to http://www.tunecore.com/freealbumhttp://www.tunecore.com/freealbum and copy the free album code
# 3. Select the US store
(be sure to select "NONE" when it asks for billing info) Edit: How do I add apps from iTunes without having to reload all the apps I have on there ??
Dope.
smokin.gif

... but i didn't even know we couldnt.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I always knew the iPhone was amazing, but i actually was messing around with one of my friends today and he was showing me all of this stuff on it.

Now..I NEED IT.

I have questions though.

Im with US Cellular so obviously i cant just get one.

Ive heard of unlocking iPhones, is there any risks to it? I dont wanna lose all that money. Anyone on here have an unlocked iPhone?

I dont get how it works if u have an unlokced iphone are u suppose to tell your carrier and they work it out or are you cheating them. The iPhone has its own little plan or w.e how do i get all of that stuff like the internet and texting with my carrier uscellular?

Is it illegal to have them unlocked and used with a diffrent carrier?

Thanks for any help

I know how you feel....I messed with my friends iPhone and it is super nice. I have a Voyager with Verizon, but I will be trading up soon, I just wish I couldcop via Verizon.

so I'm on T-mobile now w/T'zones, and the E symbol is in the corner with no box around it. I can 'sometimes' browse pages but other timesit'll time out or load incredibly slow.

I also can't play any youtube vids without wifi. anyone have any suggestions?

anyone have a repo to nes, snes or psx roms? (i found a site but don't understand how to use them.. ff7 in 7 parts!!
pimp.gif
)

This is the list of apps i found helpful

1. Winterboard - Change your theme, battery, keyboard, sliders, springboard
2. Bossprofs - Turn of edge, wifi, 3g, email account, hide icons
3. Cycorder - the best video recorder.. and you can send it to your comp using wifi
4. Customize - Used to edit sounds, strings(edit the text on the phone)
5. NESroms - Basically play NES games but you have to find the port for the roms (They just added PSXroms for ps games)
6. MxTube - Better than Youtube because you're able to dl videos to the phone
7. dTunes - It's like Limewire for the iphone..
8. Insomnia - allows programs to keep running in the background
9. OpenSSH - allows you to access iphone files from your comp
10. Snapture - Better than the camera app.. It has a a timer, color mode, quiet mode, multi shot (One of my favorites!!)
11. PowerTool - Basically allows your turn off, restart, or respring the phone.
12. CopiCRN(i think) - the iphone's first cut, copy and paste app.. not bad.. doesn't allow a lot of text to be copied
13. QuickGold - One touch of the home button.. allows you to search for contacts, apps etc.
14. AppFLow - turn the phone horizontally and scroll through your apps
15. ContactCoverFlow - same as above but with contacts
16. SwirlyMMS - MMS messaging.. not sure if it works that good.. (just got an upgrade a couple of minutes ago)
17. iShare - send files through sendspace
18. IntelliScreen - once you pay it's fun.. Access info from your lock screen
19. Contact Xfer - transfer contacts easily
20. Flashlight - self explanatory..
21. iBlacklist - disregard calls.. etc.
22. iLog - better call log

... i'm currently trying to figure out how to get roms on my phone..

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by JDocs

Figured that out..

# 1. Go to http://www.tunecore.com/freealbumhttp://www.tunecore.com/freealbumhttp://www.tunecore.com/freealbum and copy the free album code
# 3. Select the US store
Dope.
smokin.gif

... but i didn't even know we couldnt.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Haha ya.. they have some cooler Apps .. I've got Loopt and Parlingo so far.. still looking around though
nerd.gif
HOW DO I UPLOAD NEW APPS FROM MY ITUNES WITHOUTSYNCING ALL MY OTHER APPS?

Originally Posted by just reason

anyone have a repo to nes, snes or psx roms? (i found a site but don't understand how to use them.. ff7 in 7 parts!!
pimp.gif
)

This is the list of apps i found helpful

1. Winterboard - Change your theme, battery, keyboard, sliders, springboard
2. Bossprofs - Turn of edge, wifi, 3g, email account, hide icons
3. Cycorder - the best video recorder.. and you can send it to your comp using wifi
4. Customize - Used to edit sounds, strings(edit the text on the phone)
5. NESroms - Basically play NES games but you have to find the port for the roms (They just added PSXroms for ps games)
6. MxTube - Better than Youtube because you're able to dl videos to the phone
7. dTunes - It's like Limewire for the iphone..
8. Insomnia - allows programs to keep running in the background
9. OpenSSH - allows you to access iphone files from your comp
10. Snapture - Better than the camera app.. It has a a timer, color mode, quiet mode, multi shot (One of my favorites!!)
11. PowerTool - Basically allows your turn off, restart, or respring the phone.
12. CopiCRN(i think) - the iphone's first cut, copy and paste app.. not bad.. doesn't allow a lot of text to be copied
13. QuickGold - One touch of the home button.. allows you to search for contacts, apps etc.
14. AppFLow - turn the phone horizontally and scroll through your apps
15. ContactCoverFlow - same as above but with contacts
16. SwirlyMMS - MMS messaging.. not sure if it works that good.. (just got an upgrade a couple of minutes ago)
17. iShare - send files through sendspace
18. IntelliScreen - once you pay it's fun.. Access info from your lock screen
19. Contact Xfer - transfer contacts easily
20. Flashlight - self explanatory..
21. iBlacklist - disregard calls.. etc.
22. iLog - better call log

... i'm currently trying to figure out how to get roms on my phone..
Dont know if its cool to post this but, site has every NES game ever in its directory.
The OldComputer

Your going to need to ssh into your phone to do so.
Im not going to get into SSH'ing because Im no pro. But for those of you who already know the basics of how to get into it here are the steps:

Basically go to private>var>mobile>media
when in media make a new directory and label it ROMs once that directory is made go inside and make another directory and label is NES.
After you got the games you got extract it to the desk top. From the desktop just drag the NES file into the NES folder and you should be done after that. Goto your phone and confirm that it works. Any problems let me know, and if this is against the ROC ill delete my post.

Somebody needs to give me the rundown of jailbreaking.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Ok I'm on 2.1 software first generation iphone and I got a mac. How do Ijailbreak my phone? I'm clueless right now when it comes to this %#+!. Is it safe to sync after its jailbroken?

I kind of need help. My first iphone was locked and not jailbroken which was pretty much the way I wanted it. A couple days ago it broke and I just got aniphone from craigslist and it is unlocked and jailbroken. I want to update it to the latest firmware because it has an old one on it. Now, my question is...will it brick if I try updating it? If it does, is there a way to fix bricked iphones or is that it once it's bricked? I put my sim in it right now and itworks but I want to update it. Any help would be appreciated.

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5054813/iphone-22-beta-1-seeded-to-developers[/h1]
[h1]iPhone 2.2 Beta 1 Seeded to Developers[/h1]
iphone-os-2.2.jpg
Well, that was speedy. Not too long after iPhone 2.1 arrived to fix most of iPhone 2.0's most damning problems, Apple has seeded OS 2.2 Beta 1 to developers. No one's had a chance to dive in yet to see what's new, but some mo' bug fixes, push notifications (finally) and added GPS features sound like a good bet, now that most of the bigger bugs are squished.

Originally Posted by wooha

I kind of need help. My first iphone was locked and not jailbroken which was pretty much the way I wanted it. A couple days ago it broke and I just got an iphone from craigslist and it is unlocked and jailbroken. I want to update it to the latest firmware because it has an old one on it. Now, my question is... will it brick if I try updating it? If it does, is there a way to fix bricked iphones or is that it once it's bricked? I put my sim in it right now and it works but I want to update it. Any help would be appreciated.
You can update with no problem. As soon as you do update though, your phone will no longer be Jailbroken.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5054813/iphone-22-beta-1-seeded-to-developers[/h1]
[h1]iPhone 2.2 Beta 1 Seeded to Developers[/h1]
iphone-os-2.2.jpg
Well, that was speedy. Not too long after iPhone 2.1 arrived to fix most of iPhone 2.0's most damning problems, Apple has seeded OS 2.2 Beta 1 to developers. No one's had a chance to dive in yet to see what's new, but some mo' bug fixes, push notifications (finally) and added GPS features sound like a good bet, now that most of the bigger bugs are squished.

hopefully they master GPS turn by turn

Another quick question to those of you can answer...
As I mentioned earlier I bought an unlocked and jailbroken iphone from craigslist. Now when I put in my sim, I can make calls, phone works, etc. I had an oldiphone which broke so I had to pick up a new sim card today to activate my new iphone because my old one with my old sim was still activated (but broken). So,since my new one is jailbroken and unlocked, will I be able to reactivate my new iphone after it updates? or will it brick?

I'm looking to sell my 16gb 3G iPhone but I want to unlock it first. I have the 2.1 software on the phone so is it possible?

Back
Top Bottom